“this location has the largest indoor swimming pool” 4 of 5 stars

Ogden Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3306 Washington Blvd., Ogden, UT 84401   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Ogden
Ogden, Utah
“this location has the largest indoor swimming pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I wanted to give our host ROSIE and the G.M. Mr. DUBAL a sincere thank you for for their. Professionalism when checking has into the hotel. It has been a pleasure to be here. The location has plenty of restaurants close and the hotel restaurant is good also with available room service.

Room Tip: Enjoy a poolside room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vicki C, Front Office Manager at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Your welcome and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

What a terrible experience. Door keys didn't work, Room smelt, Bathroom ceiling tiles hanging down, appeared gang activity present in parking lot, I actually didn't stay, Terrible Terrible, Terrible for a Days Inn. DUMP !!!!!

Room Tip: Not recommended !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are extremley sorry for your experience with us. If we knew of the problems we would have gave you a new room. My sincerest apologies, Vicki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed there over night on my trip to Las Vegas. It has free breakfast and an indoor swimming pool. The place looked very nice and fancy. This was in the summer of July. I was going on a short-term mission trip to Las Vegas with my church friends to reach out to the homeless there. We took a road trip down, stopped over night at the Ogden hotel, then arrived in Las Vegas the next day. We were in Las Vegas for a week, then took a road trip back and stayed overnight at the Ogden hotel. The two times that we stayed overnight, it was wonderful. We were in a higher room where we got a really nice view of the lake we were close to. The breakfast was great and the indoor swimming pool helped me feel relaxed and refreshed. If I had to go to Ogden, Utah for anything, I would pick that hotel to stay in again. I really liked the comfort and feel of the place inside. I usually don't like hotel rooms much, but this one made me feel at home because the beds were so comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher rooms give you a beautiful view of the town or lake in the hotel's location. It's als...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vicki C, Front Office Manager at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stays here and we hope to see you again.
Sioux City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Ogden Days Inn because we had a coupon from one of those travel newspapers we'd picked up at a gas station. It was fairly late when we got to town and most places around the Days Inn were closed for the night. The neighborhood appeared "sketchy" and there was evidence of gang tagging on several establishments nearby. The front desk clerk was incredibly nice. She announced that the police patrolled the parking lot each night and that there were numerous security cameras onsite. I am not sure if that made me feel better or worse.

Another reviewer mentioned smokers and we experienced a similar group - a group of about 6 people standing down from our room smoking and laughing. That lasted well into the night. Our room was at the back of the motel and I would not recommend a room in that spot. The back of the motel is adjacent to a seedy neighborhood and you can see where people have climbed over the fence from the neighborhood to get to the motel lot.

The door to our room wobbled but felt much more secure when we were inside and could deadbolt it. There was a large gap at the base of the door. It was large enough that light streamed in. It appeared as if the door to the adjoining room had been spraypainted with graffiti and later covered. Our TV did not work. The bathroom was clean and functional and had a separate area with a mirror and counter outside of the bathroom itself. The towels were fairly threadbare, but unlike other reviewers, we had enough for our use.

After getting settled, we left to get something to eat. On the way back, we stopped at a 7-11 a ways down from the motel. It had just been robbed and there were several squad cars there. I know this has nothing to do with the Days Inn but it might help readers picture the neighborhood.

The breakfast did not offer much but it appeared as if those before me did get something to eat. I was there about 30 minutes before it was to close. I was able to grab a couple of hard-boiled eggs. I really wanted a diet Coke. The machine is located next to the check in desk and is set up so you have to pay the front desk person. There was a sign on the desk that said someone would return shortly. I waited for about 5 minutes and then had to leave.

This motel served its purpose for us but did not feel very safe. We probably would have left but the front desk person was so nice and did make us feel welcome. Another reviewer mentioned "get a free murder with every room" and I found myself nodding my head in agreement when I read that. (I read that review when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night.) We didn't have issues but did not have a good feeling either. Upon leaving, we noticed there had likely been some suspicious activity taking place in back of the storage shed behind the building. Something other than food was being cooked back there. Again, that probably has nothing to do with the Days Inn but . . . .

Room Tip: I would recommend a room away from the back of the motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for your experience. I'm pleased to hear the clerk made you feel welcome and hope we get the opportunity to see you again.

Been to Ogden Days Inn? Share your experiences!