“Rooms were clean, a/c worked well, breakfast was great...” 3 of 5 stars

Ogden Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3306 Washington Blvd., Ogden, UT 84401   |
Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Ogden

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sioux City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Ogden Days Inn because we had a coupon from one of those travel newspapers we'd picked up at a gas station. It was fairly late when we got to town and most places around the Days Inn were closed for the night. The neighborhood appeared "sketchy" and there was evidence of gang tagging on several establishments nearby. The front desk clerk was incredibly nice. She announced that the police patrolled the parking lot each night and that there were numerous security cameras onsite. I am not sure if that made me feel better or worse.

Another reviewer mentioned smokers and we experienced a similar group - a group of about 6 people standing down from our room smoking and laughing. That lasted well into the night. Our room was at the back of the motel and I would not recommend a room in that spot. The back of the motel is adjacent to a seedy neighborhood and you can see where people have climbed over the fence from the neighborhood to get to the motel lot.

The door to our room wobbled but felt much more secure when we were inside and could deadbolt it. There was a large gap at the base of the door. It was large enough that light streamed in. It appeared as if the door to the adjoining room had been spraypainted with graffiti and later covered. Our TV did not work. The bathroom was clean and functional and had a separate area with a mirror and counter outside of the bathroom itself. The towels were fairly threadbare, but unlike other reviewers, we had enough for our use.

After getting settled, we left to get something to eat. On the way back, we stopped at a 7-11 a ways down from the motel. It had just been robbed and there were several squad cars there. I know this has nothing to do with the Days Inn but it might help readers picture the neighborhood.

The breakfast did not offer much but it appeared as if those before me did get something to eat. I was there about 30 minutes before it was to close. I was able to grab a couple of hard-boiled eggs. I really wanted a diet Coke. The machine is located next to the check in desk and is set up so you have to pay the front desk person. There was a sign on the desk that said someone would return shortly. I waited for about 5 minutes and then had to leave.

This motel served its purpose for us but did not feel very safe. We probably would have left but the front desk person was so nice and did make us feel welcome. Another reviewer mentioned "get a free murder with every room" and I found myself nodding my head in agreement when I read that. (I read that review when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night.) We didn't have issues but did not have a good feeling either. Upon leaving, we noticed there had likely been some suspicious activity taking place in back of the storage shed behind the building. Something other than food was being cooked back there. Again, that probably has nothing to do with the Days Inn but . . . .

Room Tip: I would recommend a room away from the back of the motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicki C, Front Office Manager at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your experience. I'm pleased to hear the clerk made you feel welcome and hope we get the opportunity to see you again.
Summerland Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

On this cross country trip we stayed two days. June 11 & 12, 2013. Front Desk Asst. Mgr. Vicki was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Cont. breakfast was well done with bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, etc.. Todd was also kind and enjoyed talking to him about Florida. I was able to use the computer in the lobby, thank you.
When we needed extra time while our vehicle was being repaired, there was no problem or hassle from the front desk.
For value, you cannot beat this Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful insight on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Ogden Days Inn? Share your experiences!