“Good sleep but....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in Ogden
Woking, England
“Good sleep but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Bed comfortable and bathroom clean. I got a very good night’s sleep. The furniture all looks well used but is functional. I had to fiddle a bit with the door to get it to lock properly. I had a non-smoking room and it did not smell of stale smoke but every so often I got a strong whiff of cigarette smoke. The wifi did not seem to stretch to my room – I could see it on the available connections but it was a very weak signal and I could not connect to it. I was too lazy to try and do anything about it. There was a better signal in the breakfast area but still wasn’t able to connect – and still too lazy to do anything about it. Good range of breakfast items. Lady on the desk very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dirk S, Director of Sales at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us, It's how we get better. Just want you to know that we have more than one WiFi signal to choose from and I feel that it may have solved your connection problem. The other on is under another name other than 'Days Inn'.
I hope when you come back you'll allow us to help you with the connection. We do have smoking rooms, but they are all in one area and facing to the outside. Glad you were able to get a good's night sleep.

Best regards,

Dirk Sanderson

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Lenox
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was stuck in SLC and saw a coupon for this hotel claiming it had the "largest indoor pool in Utah." The price was great, so I drove the extra 25 miles and was thrilled to find out that not only did it have a huge pool (9' deep at the end) and a great hot tub, but an adequate exercise room and an excellent hot breakfast. The room was comfortable (the bed was a bit stiff) and clean, with a nice sized bathroom and extra wide tub.

Very helpful, responsive staff. It felt like a hotel I should have been paying twice the price for.

Room Tip: I stayed in the outside of the hotel to save a few bucks, but the inside rooms are a short walk to t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vicki C, Front Office Manager at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us and posting the photos of our pool. I am pleased to hear you drove all that way to stay with us, and even more pleased to hear you enjoyed it.
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We made an emergency trip to Odgen and booked the hotel the night before. The price was a little high, but that's kind of expected for a last minute reservation. We got in at about 10:30 Thursday night. The gal at the front desk was very friendly, she moved us to a room where my husband could step outside to smoke and accomodate our parking situation. She let us know about the free breakfast. I read reviews that the place is outdated....who cares....our room was clean, the bathroom was clean and the linens were clean. And we had hot water...that must have been a fluke. We checked out the next morning and the same gal was at the desk. Even after being there late the night before, she was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vicki C, Front Office Manager at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was accomadated to your needs. It was a pleasure meeting you and we look forward to seeing you again. Sincerly, Vicki
OGDEN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Water heater was out for whole hotel when we arrived. By second day, it still wasn't fixed. (We were scheduled to stay 3 days, but didn't last that long.) Our family was the only ones left in the hotel by day 2 and they informed us at 7:00 am that they would not be serving breakfast. Could hear people's conversation in the hallway going up and down the stairs at 11 pm from our room. Pool was large, liked it being indoors with lighting, water was cold. Jacuzzi wasn't working - there were leaves and dirt in it, no water. Fitness room wasn't open. TV channels flickered in and out (poor reception, limited channels available.) Our rooms had 2 queen size beds, so no room for anything like table and chairs, microwave, or fridge - which would have been handy when the staff kitchen went out! Staff was friendly but could give us no time frame for the much needed hot water repairs. I think they are trying to improve this facility, but even with a 30% discount on the rates, I was ready to move up the street and pay a few dollars more for a hot shower! I'm grateful that they allow pets - many hotels do not. So if you have pets, or want a smoking room, this may be a place to consider, but I don't recommend needless suffering when there are other very nice options close by. Beds were comfortable and pillows soft, but once I woke up I wanted out of there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Vicki C, Front Office Manager at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I do deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I did not want you to have a bad experience with us, so I had advised you via voicemail and upon arrival of our situation and unfortunately did not have a time line for the parts to arrive. We do value our guests and their opinions and try to make their stay the best we can. I have taken everything you have stated into consideration and will do our best to improve. I hope you will reconsider staying at our hotel. Thank you for your review. Sincerely, Vicki
PROVO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The only complaint we had was a bell kept ringing during the night. We really enjoyed the pool/spa area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dirk S, Director of Sales at Ogden Days Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Our guests are our #1 priority. Any suggestions that you have for us to improve are most welcome.

Been to Ogden Days Inn? Share your experiences!