“Good Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Good Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This restaurant has great Mexican food. They can seat families or parties of 30 or more. I have been three many times. Some times it's hard to find a place to park as the parking lot is small. So go early to avoid the line and have a parking space.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City
“Good food, IF you can get service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This restaurant has great food, but don't expect much in terms of service. The staff is rude and incompetent for the most part, including the management. Be prepared for slow, unenthusiastic service and plenty of eye rolling. The last time we went we didn't even end up eating because we were seated by an incredibly rude host and then left without any acknowledgement for over 10 minutes...

• Visited September 2013
Wellington
“Old Time Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

El Matador has been one of the best Mexican Restaurants in Ogden for years. A little off the beaten path it is just a block east of the downtown square. Enjoy

Visited July 2013
Ogden, Utah
“Good food for a mexican eatery in Utah”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food and the variety are very good. The chips and salsa are nothing special, despite the claims that I've seen in several other reviews. The seating can be cramped in some sections of the restaraunt. The ambiance is fun and the servers are generally attentive and helpful. The portions are huge, and quite often I eat less than half of my dish. The full service bar offers good margarita's (most of the time) and the usual selection of beer. I've been here many times, probably averaging 3 to 4 times a year, and have never been disappointed with my experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Never went back again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We made the mistake of giving this place another try because I was pregnant and wanted Mexican food...Ogden's choices are limited! The food is so blase and the service is nuts. Long waits for every single thing and they charge $3 for a bowl of cold shredded cheese that they offer with chips as complimentary. We had wised up to that, so I said no thank you, but when I checked out I saw it on our bill. I told the girl at the register and she said, rudely, "They wouldn't have put it on there unless you had it." I said....go ask our waiter. She sighed, grabbed it, and changed it. The first time we went we had a ketchup smiley face on our Mexican food when it came out to us! We hate that place!

• Visited July 2012