“Not for Me” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Phone number: 801-528-5698
Adrian
“Not for Me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went into Wing Nutz with my family and ordered the boneless wings, the chicken tenders, some chips with Salsa, two sodas and two iced teas, bill was around $42.00 - you judge. Chicken was grilled, so this is a healthier alternative to regular restaurant food, but does take longer. I don't think they have a fryer, so no cheese sticks, fries, or anything like that and place was smoky due to the grill. By the way, when they say boneless, that means chunks of chicken breast. My opinion on the food was that the chicken tasted like it was not brined or marinated prior to cooking and sauces were quite watery. Did not try the beer but most patrons had one, they did have a lot of beer varieties and flat screens. If you want a healthy alternative, this is your place but if your looking for game day fried foods, go somewhere else. By the way, the picture above is for Iggy's around the corner, not Wing Nutz.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Best wings in Ogden!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself a wing snob! This is the best wings in town ... hands down! Atmosphere: a very modern sports bar feel with multiple TVs on the walls. There's always a good game to watch. Generally, people sitting at the bar are very friendly. The place has a clean feel to it. Food: they bake the wings, which keeps the flavor without all the extra grease! They have a ton of different sauces to choose from with the ability to increase the heat of each as you see fit. I'm kind of a traditional guy, so I really enjoy the traditional hot sauce or an alternate version of it, which adds a slight lemon flavor to the sauce. But there are a ton of different sauces, so don't be afraid to explore! The teriyaki sauce is also great! Service/cost: listen, this establishment is top notch! I've eaten there more than a dozen times without a problem. The prices at this place are reasonable in my opinion. For a starter, wings for two people and beer I generally drop around 25-35 bucks, depending on how much beer we drink. My only criticism falls inline with an earlier review in that they are stingy with their dipping sauces and dressings for some reason. Seems a little silly, but the food and service are outstanding enough that something so trivial can and should be overlooked. If you like hot wings, a cold drink and solid service (and maybe even catch a game), then this is the place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeLand, Florida
“Good Wings.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm 50/50 about Wing Nuts although I did get wings from them 3 times. Mainly cause I was hungry and didn't have a lot of options within walking distance of my hotel. I like that the wings are baked and not friend, but my biggest complaint is the wings are that big and at a dollar a wing it almost felt like a rip-off. Maybe I'm jacked up, but $1 for one little wing felt wrong.

Visited November 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My boys loved the wings! There was such a variety! We selected spicy to mild due to the boys age range. We will definitely go back and I would recommend it to friends and family!

Visited December 2012
Salt Lake, Utah
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my first and probably last trip to this establishment. We have walked by this place dozens of times when we go to the movies across the street so we decided to try it out this time. If you are going in to drink 3 or 4 beers and snack on a few wings, OK, but don't try to make it a meal. We paid 5.99 for 5 wings and a couple of skinny cerery and carrot stix. I had the boneless wings which was chicken breast chunks, not very well done, with sauce poured over it and Buffalo Chips (potatoes) that were burned and I mean black. I really couldn't believe that they would even serve a customer those.That was the special, ordinarily it would have been 8.99 for the boneless chicken and 2.99 for the chips, so it was 7.99 that day. The service was really slow and when we came in it wasn't half full and it still wasn't full when we left after an hour. They never refilled our water glasses even though that was al lwe were drinking. If you are going to The Junction, eat at any of the other restaurants that literaly surround it, everything from fast food to fine dining.

• Visited November 2012