This is a 3.5 star rating, I can't select that option on this site.
I stayed at this historic landmark for a number of days while on business in Ogden. First let me say that you can't beat the price value versus the basic requirements of lodging need. That is a warm comfortable room at a reasonable price. Ben Lomond certainly served this purpose as the King Size Suite was large. The bed was very comfortable and the heating / cooling accommodations were effective. The bathroom was well ventilated and separated from the main living area by a door. And of course the jetted tub is equivalent to adding a second bed in the room in my book.
However, one of the major issues that I had was the outdated TV and limited and rather pathetic set of TV viewing options. By now all hotels should have flat screen TVs and be connected to something more than the local cable affiliates.
Another big issue for me was that the breakfast was rather basic and to me very limited. The hotel should disband it's breakfast service and just have patrons go to the Irish Restaurant that is within the hotel. When I went down for the first and last time, I was told that they'd just stopped their self made Waffle service so all that was left was eggs, bacon and bagels. And on this day there was no fresh fruit.
Another issue was the access door for the physically challenged and those carrying heavy bags, who preferred to take them directly from the parking garage to the their floor. This door is not key controlled but when locked has to be unlocked remotely by someone at the front desk or someone physically has to come and unlock the door. In this day and age their should be a couple of choices for hotel entry that are key controlled.
Despite these inconveniences, I did have a very productive trip and really appreciated the quietness that exists on the hotel floors.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is within an easy walk of the Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center, and multiple great restaurants and bars. Stays include free full breakfast buffet, free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Suites has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Suites also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 300 guests. Ben Lomond Suites has two great restaurants and a bar, MacCool's Public House located just off the lobby level and Restaurant 1007 on the 11th floor of the hotel. Come and enjoy Ogden's Historic Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.