“Hilton Garden in Ogden UT” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bellevue, WA, United States
“Hilton Garden in Ogden UT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great location with multiple restaurants within walking distance. The junior suite room had an amazing large window with a view overlooking the business plaza across the street. Fireplace in room as well as breakfast in the morning were great amenities.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Richard K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are always delighted to hear from our guests in our continual efforts toward improving the overall HGI experience.

We are truly pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and location. The JR Suite is definitely well appointed and is my favorite room.

We thank you again for the generous feedback and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
North Ogden, Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The only thing bad about our stay was we had some kind of large black spots on my pillow case and the bed, although it seemed very comfortable at first, hurt my back, but I have a sleep number bed at home and am spoiled with that. Everyone's backs are different - some need it soft and some need it hard. But needless to say it was a long night for me and I didn't sleep well. Other than that this was a fabulous place to stay! The people were extremely kind and helpful. It is a PERFECT location by several excellent restaurants, movie theater, bowling, etc. I thought $139 was a very expensive price for downtown Ogden, but we did call at the last minute and got their last room. If we hadn't wanted a little get away for Valentine's Day I would never have paid that much for a room in Ogden!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Melanie C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. I’m sincerely disappointed our bed was not to your liking and I apologize for the long night. I would also like to apologize for the spots on your pillow case/ bed. I can assure you this is not typical and we will make the appropriate adjustments to avoid this in the future.

We are delighted that many aspects of your stay were positive and you enjoyed your stay with us. We are especially proud you recognized and appreciated the level of service we strive to provide.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us during your Valentine’s Day getaway.
We truly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Cedar City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel accommodated our college sports team way beyond its means. They were very helpful, the rooms were extremely nice, the meeting room was set up very nicely and the breakfast was very filling to our athletes. The only problem we ran into was that our charter bus didn't have reserved parking. He had to find a parking spot on the street. Other than that, WE WILL CONTINUE TO STAY THERE IN THE YEARS TO COME!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jr P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are honored you and your team chose to stay with us and truly delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, and amenities.

We were especially proud that you recognized the level of service our staff strives to provide. Offering the best in service and value are a couple of our goals and we couldn’t be more pleased that we were successful in executing these goals for your team.

Thank you again for recommending us so highly; we are honored to have earned your trust and. will look forward to welcoming you back.

Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 5 days while skiing Snowbasin and Powder Mountain. The hotel has a fantastic location - a convenient UTA bus stop for the routes to both ski areas was right across the street, as were a range of options for dining, and the area around the hotel was the nicest we saw in the city. Parking is easy and free in the adjacent garage, and driving from the hotel to the ski areas was a snap. Hard for me to imagine a better lodging option for the ski areas. We stayed in a King/Junior Suite (room 418), which was incredibly roomy and felt more like a small studio condo than a hotel room, which we appreciated for our extended stay. Great breakfast, busy with business travelers mostly. This was a really nice hotel - solid Hilton Garden Inn quality with a friendly staff and great rate for the room value provided. We'd definitely use this as a base for skiing the two mountains again.

Room Tip: Room 418 was huge - well worth the additional cost for the junior suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear PSO_NH,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are humbled by your kind remarks.

We are always excited to hear the experiences form our guests and we are especially proud that the value we strive for is recognized and appreciated. We strive to offer the very best in accommodations and service and we could not be more pleased we were successful in achieving this for you.

Thank you again for such high praise. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The front desk and the restaurant staff are always welcoming, effective, and efficient. I love a cooked to order breakfast and can get it here. Dinner here is wonderful; the chef and his team create wonderful food that is not the typical HGI menu and I might add, better than most of the surrounding restaurants. I stay always return to firm beds that support my aching back and an immaculately clean room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Leia,

We were delighted by your remarks regarding our restaurant and proud you appreciated the quality of our service.

Thank you again for such generous feedback. We are honored to have earned your trust and will look forward to welcoming you back next week.

Roy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I often travel across the country and this was the first time that I stayed in one of my " home town" hotels.
I checked into my room with no problems with my HH number ready. I went up to my single king Standard room dropped my things and headed off property for dinner.
I came back to the room with my food and sat at the desk/table in the corner of the room. I started to notice that the bed look .... Odd. There was an extra pillow stacked on one side and the bed was made but not to the standard I expect in hotels. I soon set off for the restroom. Yes... Towels on the floor and the personal shower items in the shower. The room had not been cleaned.
I notified the front desk. The I assume night manager came to my room with a key to an upgraded room. The customer facing staff was excellent. I am just glad that I wasn't on a heavy travel late arrival schedule where I often go straight to sleep.
I have reservations at another Hilton property at the end of this month. Let's hope the house cleaning manager is more on top if things.

Tim

• Stayed February 2014
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear tlroberts801 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We sincerely appreciate the candid feedback you have provided.

While we were pleased aspects of your stay were positive, we are sincerely disheartened as we clearly fell short. Please accept my sincere apologies for the underwhelming impression our hotel has left with. The area we fell short is particularly discouraging for us as we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of this new property. We will take the necessary steps to prevent such issues in the future.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

MIAMI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I truly enjoy Hilton Garden Inns. My wife and I were in Ogden due to the Powder Mountain and Solitute Ski Resorts. I found the trip from Salt Lake to Ogden quite far but enjoyed the stay once we settled in the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Although the hotel had a full house they made the effort of finding me an alternate room assigned which was an odd location with a window facing a wall and roof area. I was changed to a room facing the street.

The hotel was surrounded with restaurants and plenty of paces to visit. During the week, the pricing for this hotel goes up due to business travelers, so you may want to have that in mind when choosing your dates. The parking is odd as you have a long walk to get to the Parking area which can get full pretty quickly. No mayor security, but cameras.

Pros:
- Excellent friendly staff!
- Great Location with plenty of great restaurants & options (close walking distance)
- Great decor and modern well equipped rooms.
- Spacious Lobby
- Private Parking with card access. But open area that is not so well secured.

Cons:
- I found the breakfast option pricey for std. breakfast.

Room Tip: Breakfast - If you have a car, I will recommend Kaffe Mercantile. Is a 5 minute drive and you will...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear RiveraSanchez ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities.

We are especially proud that you recognized and appreciated our staff and their efforts. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and we could not be more please that we were successful in executing this for you.

Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT? Share your experiences!