“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
SLC
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I celebrated a special occasion in Ogden recently and had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Hotel in Ogden. We were greeted by very friendly staff in a warm and inviting location. First we parked in the covered, secure garage.
We were then surprised by the modern feeling of the hotel, with it's dark woods and vibrant colors. Everything from the lighting to the carpet was outstanding and made us feel as if we were truly on a vacation and not staying in a run of the mill inner city boarding house.

I would highly recommend this stop for the fussiest of travelers. The highlight of our stay was the Assistant manager, Saleba. She was warm and welcoming and very knowledgeable of the Ogden area and all it has to offer.

Room Tip: We had a south facing room on the top floor which gave us mountain views and a view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
South Jordan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had some business in Ogden so I brought my family. This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The lobby is immaculate, the restaurant food is impeccable, and the beds are probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in--I did not want to wake up. I was very impressed with the front desk staff as they called me by name each time I went to and from my room. My wife and daugther spent most of the day in the heated pool. The HGI in Ogden is like a mini-resort--we didn't want to leave the hotel when it came time to leave.

Thanks--we will be back!
Bruce Cosper

Room Tip: Ask for a view of FatCats. The light trees and signs are actually beautiful at night.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This brand new hotel is in the heart of Ogden. The location is fantastic with easy access to Lindquist Field, bowling, movies and plenty of dining. The lobby is immaculate and so are the rooms. We took a group of athletes to Utah and they were more than accommodating. Breakfast was very good. It included a buffet and some made to order items including eggs, pancakes, waffles and french toast. For $10, it wasn't a bad deal. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The airconditioner was ice cold and the extra blanket we got was the best hotel blanket I have ever used.

Negatives: The parking garage is very cramped and when full it is hard to park a large vehicle. The poles on the lower level are the same colors as the wall and are camouflaged if backing in looking at your mirrors. There are also no fans in the bathrooms.

We have stayed at several of the better hotels in downtown Ogden and this is by far the best hotel experience we have had in the town. Overall a very good facility and we plan on returning next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite on the second floor corner. The view is of Washington street and not of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, albeit only two weeks old as I'm writing this review. The beds are nice, the rooms and overall decor was well planned and thought through. The area the hotel is in is cool too, many attractions and eating places within a block.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are fortunate to be in such a wonderful location with so many things to do right around us. I am glad you felt the same! We have received many compliments on the look and feel of the hotel so I am glad you liked it. Please come back and stay with us again!

Thanks,

Tooele, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Beautiful new property in an an area of Ogden that is going through an awesome facelift with new businesses, restaurants, and entertainment. Rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated. All of the employees were extremely friendly! Had a race Friday night and didn't get safety pins at packet/bib pickup. Decided as a long shot to ask the front desk if they had any. YES! Anissa L Elkins Brown was prepared and had exactly what I needed. The breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed a cooked to order egg white omelet and split an order of French toast. Thanks for a wonderful stay! I only wish I could have spent more time visiting the local businesses.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind words and great compliments regarding our hotel and team. I feel the same way you do and am very proud of our new hotel and my amazing team. I am so glad they stepped up and made your stay a memorable and enjoyable one. Don't be a stranger and come back and see us soon!

Thanks,

Huntsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Ogden Hilton Garden cut no corners when building. The rooms are beautiful, affordable and the staff was fantastic! It is under great management.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our hotel. It makes me very happy to know that all the hard work in opening up this hotel is starting to pay off. When we can help make a guest's stay memorable and enjoyable there is no greater satisfaction! Please visit us next time you are in Ogden!

Thanks!

Matt Seamons

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT? Share your experiences!