“Average & Basic: Just What I Need” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Ogden to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ogden
Motel 6 Ogden
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1455 Washington Boulevard, I-15/84 at Exit #347, Ogden, UT 84404   |
Ranked #20 of 22 hotels in Ogden
“Average & Basic: Just What I Need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I expected the hotel to be just average and strip down to the basic needs, so I wasn't disappointed with my two-night stay. It had all my basic needs such as a bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower. It's unfortunate the small bathroom door did not have a lock, though.

The two beds I requested were clean with fresh linens, which was important. Since I was often out and about around town during my visit, I was in the hotel mainly to sleep and to take a shower.

I can't complain much since I slept comfortably listening to the pouring rain outside my window.

• Stayed May 2013

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The outside of the building looks ok but it is quite shabby inside especially the dark blue carpet throughout. The immediate area is a truly like one reviewer said is "Dicey." I would not walk around
the area when it is dark. The guy in reception was very friendly and even allowed my wife a free long distance call to our daughter in Canada. He was very helpful and informative.
I think my wife and I would rather stay in another area or motel when we are in the Ogden area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saratoga, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Do not stay at this motel. I saw the Motel 6 name, and thought me and my family could trust it. But unfortunately my husband found a cockroach in the bathroom. Where there is one, there is 1,000. I showed the front desk lady and she got very hot tempered with me. Then later on we found another one. We asked for a refund and she refused.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Murray, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place is a real bargain. I paid $45 for a Friday night stay for an on the spur of the moment stay. However, this place is no Ritz-Carlton. The interior of the hotel is shabby, particularly the carpeting and the area around the motel appeared dicey (with signs all over the motel reminding you to lock your car). The room itself had an over powering scent of anticeptic (it was a smoking room) but otherwise, the room was fairly clean. The bed was actually one of the more comfortable I've slept in a while. The TV was dated and there was no alarm clock in the room. The bathroom was clean and the shower was very nice.

You can hear everything in your neighbor's room. Unfortunately I had a loud group next to me that periodically woke me up. Luckily the air conditioner was able to drown most of their noise out.

Overall, you could certainly do worse, but if you need a room on the cheap, this place is certainly acceptable - just keep your expectations in check.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was one of the better motel 6 I have visited in U.S. I cannot complain.This motel is situated on the small hill in Ogden quiet area.Staff was friendly, nice clean pool area, big and clean renovated room.I would definitely stay here again for that good price, 50$ by night including tax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
lovinlyfe1990
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I came all the way down from Heber City to spend a night with my ex fiance. And omg the place was horrible! I am a house keeper. and i do know how things should get done. and the minor details i dont care much about because yes people do miss things. but wow. first thing i noticed was the floor not being vaccumed. okay so what. so i put my things down and go to the bathroom. i noticed there was pee still on the toilet. ew! so i let my fiance go to the bathroom while i got my things to shower and there was also dried up pee that was crusted over under the toilet seat. gross right? so we shrugged it off. its whatever so i go to shower and there is pubic hair all over the shower curtain! not one color but many many colors. so u know they havent cleaned it in a while. so after my shower i go to get into bed and pull back the covers and there are many many long black hairs from the previous people sleeping in the bed! they didnt change the sheets. nasty! I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE AGAIN! Worst experiance ever!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

The building is a little bit rundown but there aren't many cheaper places to crash for the night in all of Ogden or Salt Lake City. There are a lot of restaurants and stores in the area, which is a plus. Check in was easy and fast. The AC unit in the room looked old, but it worked fine. For single travelers and those looking for a no frills experience, this place does nicely. Not the best Motel 6, but not the worst either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Ogden? Share your experiences!