“very good pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 298 Restaurants in Ogden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve Artisan Style from scratch pizza's, sandwiches, Apps, Salads, Desserts, and Brunch Items. We offer over 100 different bear choices, 14 wines by the glass, and 24 bottle wine choices. We are located on the banks of the Ogden river and have live local music Fri, Sat, and Sundays.
los angeles
“very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

did a takeout. overall i would go again, wouldn't say it's an incredible place as some other advisors did but staff was friendly, pizza was good, had make ur own calzone, (although i asked for spinach and they put it over top vs baked it inside, but it was tasty).
my son's and wife both really liked their meals. i'd definitely go back.

Visited February 2013
slackwater, Owner at Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks for trying us out!! Good to hear you enjoyed the pizza. At Slackwater servers our supposed to ask if you would like the spinach cooked in, if it's not specified they throw it on top. We've been a little inconsistent on that, so hopefully you will get asked next time and if you don't just let them know that's what you would like:). I encourage you to come in and try our pizzas fresh out of the oven. Our unique artisan style dough lends itself to be a better product right out of the oven. We don't do delivery for that reason and generally while our take out is very good a dine in experience takes it to another level. Thanks for the input :)

“Great atmosphere but not as great service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to slackwater to enjoy some music with a few friends. The atmosphere was great. They have a fantastic nighttime ambiance. The music was very good as well. I ordered the Italian job sandwich and ordered without onion, not a big raw onion fan. When the sandwich came out, it had heaps of onion. I tried to just pick off but it was too many. Decided since I was paying $10 bucks for a sandwich that I wanted to enjoy it, so I waited for the server to come check on us so I could get it remade and that's when my experience started going south. The server didn't stop back by for over 15 min. When I told her about the sandwich, it was treated like a super big inconvenience and no apologies. She requested that I get a plat and push all my chips on it and I told her it was fine to take the whole plate and I would just wait til the sandwich came. She proceeded to grab a plate from our table and picked my sandwich up from my plate. I didn't get a sandwich back for another 15-20 min. Again no apologies. Of course everyone at my table was already finished. The sandwich was pretty good when it came out but it was so much hassle, it took all the fun and relaxation out of the experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
slackwater, Owner at Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I appoligize for your experience. We emphasize a two bite rule, which means servers are supposed to check back on tables after they have had two bites. Obviously this did not happen and I will address this with your server. I remember this mess up & would have talked to you then, but was unaware that she had not checked on you for that long and that she had not appoligized for her screw-up. That night was the first night we had the new atrium addition open, so it might also be our fault, as owners, for not staffing well enough for the 40% capacity increase, but it was the first night & we were not sure about what to expect. hopefully this does not deter you from trying us again.
“I wish I could rate it higher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to try it out for a valentines date. It was a beautiful atmosphere with candles and live music. A great vibe all around. The people were so friendly and knew how to make us feel welcome! And not to mention the amazing food! LOVED LOVED LOVED it!

Ogden, Utah
“My favorite place to eat in Ogden...hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I live close by, which makes this place an even better choice. Everything I have tried on their menu is so delicious. My boyfriend loves the beer selection. MUST TRY if you love good pizza!

• Visited February 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Best Chicken Wings and Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Slackwater is on Washington in Ogden, right on the river. It's a great place for Sunday brunch or lunch or dinner any day. The atmosphere is relaxed, the music is good, and the servers are attentive. The Slackwater serves the best chicken wings I've ever eaten. These are cooked fresh and served w/an incredibly fiery sauce that is addictive. The pizza is delicious - great crust, nice choice of toppings, sauces and cheeses. On Sunday, you also have the option of french toast, eggs benedict and other breakfast entrees. Mimosas are sold by the bottle, as well as the glass, and there are great prices on pitchers of a wide selection of beers. And, after your meal, you can walk along the beautiful river.

• Visited January 2013