“just right” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Ogden
Boise, Idaho
“just right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

friendly and helpful staff, room was clean and comfortable, fridge and micro, good location, great price -

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
utahboarder, Manager at Ogden River Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We need all the good reviews we can get. We have worked so hard to improve the property and it's nice to see that you noticed. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I
This Is The Best Place In Ogden For The Money[$35 Up]. Clean Rooms-Comfortable Bed-Tubs In Large Bath-Micro And Fridge-Internet-Bus Stop Out Front- Next Door To New Upscale Pizza Pub-On The New Ogden River Trail[Miles Of Paved Trail To Walk Or Ride] Front Desk Friendly And Helpful[Owner Even Helped Me Get A Great Price On Airline Ticket] They Have A Zero Drug Policy And No Misfits Allowed!
I

Room Tip: Check It Out
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kennewick, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Traveling through for work we thought this would be a good place to stay and save money. Well the door was not in the frame correctly see daylight all the way around, door handle bent, no safety lock at all. Bed sheets were very small and didnt stay on the bed, as well as bed being very stained, We have 2 pets that travel with us and they felt very unsafe and they didnt sleep as well as I didnt sleep. I had barraceded the door and still did not feel safe as to seeing alot of unsavory people.
The bathroom was disgusting I used bleach to clean toilet and tub before using,as the bottom of tub had hair in it. As for towels forget it, you get 2 and no maids come by you have to go get what you need. Very disgusting, wont stay there again.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here based on the good reviews. Either this hotel is reviewing itself or something is really wrong. Just read through the hotels responses to complaints on here. It's all excuses or blaming the customer!

This is by far the worst and scariest hotel I've ever seen. We are a family of 5 so we got two rooms. BOTH rooms were disgusting. The sheets were stained on all beds. The bathtubs were gross. I don't just mean "faded" that the hotel mentions in it's responses. I mean dirty with rust or some sort of stains with hair in the drains. It was bad enough that none of us were willing to get in them and left dirty.

One room had a bullet hole and cracked glass on the window. The other rooms ceiling was actually caving in. The ceiling had cracked and pieces were on the bed and floor. I actually took a picture of this and will see if I can find it.

This is beyond a you get what you pay for experience. It's just plain unsafe. We tried calling down to the front desk but no one was answering the phones. We didn't go back down because it was late, it's not exactly the safest neighborhood, and there were a lot of creepy guys around. It was also too late to go somewhere else so we just sucked it up. I suppose risking it and arguing for a different room is an option but we had TWO rooms. Clearly the whole place is a mess.

We definitely learned our lesson the hard way and made sure we stayed at well known places for the rest of our trip. I guess we'll always have memories of "that scary hotel ha mom picked out". Stay far away from this place!

• Stayed March 2011
Showlow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We like to read the reviews on trip advisor before commiting to a hotel and although a couple of the reviewers seemed harsh with this place, the pictures looked great, the location and price were perfect and when we called the front desk they were proffesional and very helpful. Upon our arrival they upgraged our group and even set us up with some discount tickets to some local attractions (we went surfing at the flowrider before bowling a game at fat cats). We stayed 3 days and EVERYTHING was great. Our rooms were clean and complete with a mini fridge and microwave at no extra charge. We even had a view of some amazing mountains that are close by. My wife got a great work-out in their gym while my sons and I went for a nice little walk along the river for 5 minutes to a brand new Walmart,.. how convenient is that. They didn't even nit pick with charging us extra for the internet security code. We will be staying with them again when we visit in Ogden.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I was visiting family over the the 4th of July holiday and I was a litle concerned about some of the reviews, but I am on a budget and decided to give the Ogden River Inn a try. The staff was very accomodating and professional, the room was clean, and if I needed anything, from directions to a new set of towels, it was always provided for in a timely matter. I have stayed in chain hotels that were twice as much and was not treated this well. My family was able to see the local fireworks from my balcony. It is an older hotel but it is obvious the owners care about their hotel, and for the price it is a tremendous value, clean and quiet. I will return to the Ogden River Inn on my next visit.

Room Tip: There is a park nearby, and the Ogden River fish were biting, take a pole with you
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The location is very conventient. My room was clean and comfortable on arrival. The management and staff were friendly and accomadating. I really enjoyed my stay with Ogden River Inn and will definitely use the services again.

Room Tip: Upper level room would be less noice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ogden River Inn? Share your experiences!