“Certainly not a QUALITY HOTEL!!😎” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Spring Deals
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Layton, Utah, United States
“Certainly not a QUALITY HOTEL!!😎”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Their advertisement states they are a clean hotel. During our stay that was the farthest thing from the truth. You get maid service twice a month and the maid never deep cleans nothing. The sheets and towels are never white but are a dingy gray. The towels and wash clothes are never soft, in fact I got an infection from drying off with a bath towel. I went to the doctor and he had to put me on anti-biotic to clean up the infection.

The building is built with the cheapest building materials making the walls and floors a pass through for all noises. One can not get a good nights rest, constant noise.

The washers and dryers destroyed some of our clothing making many holes in our shirts, underwear, and pants. We informed Brandon the general manager and he could care less!

Here is the one that takes the CAKE!! Brandon the gm would charge our credit card without our approval for things like having a dirty towel or a slightly dirty bed linen. We had some garbage that needed to be taken out while waiting for the maid to serve our room I just placed it outside our door for the maid. He charged our debt card $20 again without our knowledge.

Our car's power steering started to leak every night so I placed a shallow box with some kitty litter under the car to save the parking lot. I had to leave and I pulled our car out from where it was parked so I could pick up the box and place it in the trunk. I had to pull around the hotel and back to where the box was. While I was going around the building someone had taken the box never to be seen again. Well we were going over our debt card account low and behold a $50.00 charge was there from Brandon.

All the time we lived there our room smelled like smoke on a non smoking
floor!! Again we told Brandon and again he did not care but gave us excuses!!

In the final analysis VALUE PLACE OGDEN UTAH, is a very dirty, smelly, noisy, place with a very obnoxious angry gm.

There is one bright star that works there and she is the one that keeps things normal!! She makes the place half way liveable and she bends over backward for the tenants and follow employees. This would be the special person that everyone has come to love.. ASHLEY.. there is one other person our beloved Rose!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emily H, Regional Area Manager at Value Place Ogden, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We would like to apologize for the experience you recently had while staying at Value Place in Ogden, UT. Value Place takes pride in providing all of our guests with a positive experience as well as improving our product. Each employee follows checklists of simple, thorough and effective housekeeping practices and with the intention of never missing a spot. No matter what brings you to Value Place we want you to count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. We thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a pleasant experience in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Salt Lake, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I "resided"/stayed at Value Place Ogden for well over a year - 03/08/13 to 06/29/14
It is a very clean and safe hotel.
Quiet - I stayed on the West Side and did not hear traffic noise.
The staff is very professional and courteous.
Conveniently located to the Interstate, Salt Lake, SLC airport and restaurants.
Don't confuse low price with lack of quality - I have 473,000 Marriott reward points and "bang for the buck" - I would highly recommend Value Place Ogden for one(1) night or 478 nights!!!

Room Tip: I had two different rooms during my stay - my choice - one on 2nd floow facing East, and the last, 4...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sunset, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hotel staff were friendly, courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. All issues were handled promptly and to my complete satisfaction.

Special kudos to Ashley, she's the best!

I also like the security where carded access to the property and 24/7/365 video monitoring set me at ease.

The next time I'm in town I will definitely stay here, if I can reserve far enough in advance. ;-)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
North Salt Lake, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would highly recommend this establishment!!!

Room Tip: No specific tips to share - just a AWESOME place to stay!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family (husband, 2 kids and myself) arrived around 11:30pm. We are a military family moving here and are stsying here until we find a house. Upon arrival we found out they gave our room away because we weren't there by 6pm! Really? I've never heard such nonsense, we are TRAVELING!!!! They should have told us this when we booked. We told them when we booked we would be arriving late at night/early morning and were told the office would be closed but it wouldn't be a problem because they have a staff person that stays here that we could call when we got in. So to "fix" the situation we were told we could wait 30-40 minutes for them to clean a SMOKING room. Unacceptable. I have 2 small children and we are non-smokers. It doesn't matter how many times you vaccum and change the sheets and spray fabreeze it's in the carpets and mattress and pillows and walls and we are NOT about to breathe that air and have our stuff stink. We booked a Non-Smoking room. A female manager told me on the phone that smoking and non smoking rooms are NOT a guarantee. Then why when we booked were we asked "smoking or non"? And on our confirmation is stated we booked a non-smoking room. So I asked if they would put us up for the night in a nearby hotel. Absolutly not. So their staff makes all the mistakes (even put our last name in completely different) and we had to payfor a night at a different hotel. We checked in the next day (becsuse everyone seems booked) and the place is smelly. They offer you a dish pack that you can rent only they didnt have one! Why have a kitchen and offer supplies when you dont actually have them?! There is not even a curtain in the room. My husband works at night and sleeps durring the day. They have a fee/charge for everything. This is not how you run a business. There was no customer service, they did not appoligze nor did they take our health and interests to heart. Worst management/customer service ever. We will be looking for somewhere else to stay. Our money and business will not profit this place. And I will tell people about our experience here in hopes they won't stay either. Value Place offered a "Clean, safe environment for all guested." All guests except for me and my family I guess.

• Stayed August 2012
Clearfield, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this location for eight months and genuinely felt it was "home" and was impressed with the solid service by Assistant Manager Cody and his team member, Joe. These two men made me feel at home, safe, valued and comfortable.

Value Place is an exceptional steal for the price and attracts many business travelers. However, it also attracted a fair share of "questionable" guests who made me sometimes question my safety and the safety of my guests.

The staff can only do so much when renting the rooms and certainly can't be expected to discriminate. Unfortunately, when one questionable type of individual shows up, others fill follow.

I still focus on the end on the positives and I would return there again based on the value and comfort.

Room Tip: Make it a studio suite with a sofa and a bed. The added space helps make it more like home for an ex...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I found their personalized help and service unsurpassed. The Assistant General Manager, Mr. Cody Pace, has gone out of his way to make my stay pleasant. The rooms are clean and the east side has a wonderful view of the mountains. Most accomodating. I plan to stay here again next month.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Ogden, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management

Been to Value Place Ogden? Share your experiences!