“Never again....” 1 of 5 stars

2160 South 1200 West, West Haven, Ogden, UT 84401   |
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Ogden
“Never again....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

My family (husband, 2 kids and myself) arrived around 11:30pm. We are a military family moving here and are stsying here until we find a house. Upon arrival we found out they gave our room away because we weren't there by 6pm! Really? I've never heard such nonsense, we are TRAVELING!!!! They should have told us this when we booked. We told them when we booked we would be arriving late at night/early morning and were told the office would be closed but it wouldn't be a problem because they have a staff person that stays here that we could call when we got in. So to "fix" the situation we were told we could wait 30-40 minutes for them to clean a SMOKING room. Unacceptable. I have 2 small children and we are non-smokers. It doesn't matter how many times you vaccum and change the sheets and spray fabreeze it's in the carpets and mattress and pillows and walls and we are NOT about to breathe that air and have our stuff stink. We booked a Non-Smoking room. A female manager told me on the phone that smoking and non smoking rooms are NOT a guarantee. Then why when we booked were we asked "smoking or non"? And on our confirmation is stated we booked a non-smoking room. So I asked if they would put us up for the night in a nearby hotel. Absolutly not. So their staff makes all the mistakes (even put our last name in completely different) and we had to payfor a night at a different hotel. We checked in the next day (becsuse everyone seems booked) and the place is smelly. They offer you a dish pack that you can rent only they didnt have one! Why have a kitchen and offer supplies when you dont actually have them?! There is not even a curtain in the room. My husband works at night and sleeps durring the day. They have a fee/charge for everything. This is not how you run a business. There was no customer service, they did not appoligze nor did they take our health and interests to heart. Worst management/customer service ever. We will be looking for somewhere else to stay. Our money and business will not profit this place. And I will tell people about our experience here in hopes they won't stay either. Value Place offered a "Clean, safe environment for all guested." All guests except for me and my family I guess.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clearfield, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this location for eight months and genuinely felt it was "home" and was impressed with the solid service by Assistant Manager Cody and his team member, Joe. These two men made me feel at home, safe, valued and comfortable.

Value Place is an exceptional steal for the price and attracts many business travelers. However, it also attracted a fair share of "questionable" guests who made me sometimes question my safety and the safety of my guests.

The staff can only do so much when renting the rooms and certainly can't be expected to discriminate. Unfortunately, when one questionable type of individual shows up, others fill follow.

I still focus on the end on the positives and I would return there again based on the value and comfort.

Room Tip: Make it a studio suite with a sofa and a bed. The added space helps make it more like home for an ex...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I found their personalized help and service unsurpassed. The Assistant General Manager, Mr. Cody Pace, has gone out of his way to make my stay pleasant. The rooms are clean and the east side has a wonderful view of the mountains. Most accomodating. I plan to stay here again next month.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Ogden, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

A co-worker and I stayed here for 2 months and for the money it wasnt bad. It's more like an apartment than a hotel. The staff is friendly enough, it can be a pain to get towels sometimes though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Value Place Guest,

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Meadville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

The staff was friendly to TALK to, but when you ask for any trash bags or toilet paper, I was told that they only provide supplies when you check in, then you have to purchase those things yourself.
The house keeping only clean the room every TWO weeks, and only they do is quick vaccum and change the sheets, they only remove one trash bag from your room when they clean. If there is a pizza box outside the trash can, they will not even take it, you need bring it to trash bin yourself..... VERY calculated people working at this place.
The kitchen has nothing but two burner stove and microwave and a frige. You need bring everything else if you need to use the stove or to eat a meal in the room.
Hopefully the above information will help anybody who will like to stay at this place.
We will NEVER stay at any Value Place again. this is the first time and will be the last time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

very clean, and affordarble.. but as far as managment and coorperate office give me a break ..they need to take class in customer service espeically the girl general manager she doesnt even seem to listen when you talk to her and if you need a problem fixed dnt count on her to do it

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I'd love to write about how the place is however we didn't even get to the motel. We booked a room more than one and a half months ago using a credit card and received a confirmation number. Two days prior to our first day there we received a phone call in the morning confirming our reservation. The very same day we received the confirmation call we received a second call (at 4pm) telling us that some other customers decided they wanted to extend their stay by two weeks and they gave them our room. "Sorry, we're fully booked now."

I'm not entirely sure how this is possible or even legal but now we have our flight booked, a car rented, but no where to stay.

We called customer service and was told that only the area manager could resolve this issue and he'll have to call us back. We've left two messages for him but have never heard back from him. Guess we won't hold our breath any longer.

Like I said previously, I'd love to tell you how the motel is but we never got that far. Everyone we spoke to (aside from the customer service people in the head office) were insensitive and uncaring. "Sorry, there's nothing we can do. Thank you very much. Have a nice day..... click."

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Value Place Ogden? Share your experiences!