“Nothing to write home about” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Aliso Viejo, California
“Nothing to write home about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Best Western really disappointed us. It is below average as their hotels are concerned. The lamps in the room had the dimmest bulbs, one bedside lamp couldn't even be turned on as the plug behind the headboard was out of the wall and wouldn't stay in after we finally managed to crawl under the bed and reach it. Decor is old and tired. Forget breakfast in the morning - there are only 4 or 5 tables in the lobby, not nearly enough for a motel of its size, and of course those are quickly occupied and taken. We had to have breakfast in a restaurant down the street.
All this on top of the fact that they messed up and compromised my credit card information at the time of reservation. I was told we'd get double points to make up for this but the clerk at the front desk had no such info or note attached to the reservation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kymm B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn of Nephi, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
GiselaE,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future. Please be assured, again, that all guest privacy information of heavily guarded, and that you did receive the double points for your stay, as our conversation indicated you would.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 435-623-0624.

Kymm Bennett
Property Manager
BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn of Nephi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice Best Western in Nephi -- we stayed here many years ago and chose it again. It is clean and well cared for -- the pool wasn't available last time we stayed and this time it was still out of order. There were issues with children in a room screaming and running around at 3am but that isn't the fault of the hotel. Although when we did mention it to the staff they were right on top of it and trying to get the parents to deal with their kids. Overall not a bad place for a night's stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We made on-line reservations at this motel two weeks before our trip to Montana. We had two young grandsons along with us and they looked forward to staying at places with swimming pools. This motel has one and we used it. We have stayed in Best Western motels for years and have found that they all offer a good deal for the price paid. Same thing for the Paradise Inn of Nephi, UT. Check-in and check-out are easy and simple, especially with advanced reservations. The place was nearly empty when we arrived in mid-afternoon, but was full by 9 p.m. Breakfast was good. The only negative thing I can offer, and it's minor, is that the dining area is probably too small at times when most folks are using it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tallmadge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Arrived for one night business for job at the cement plant. Front desk personal on night were very friendly and pleasant. The AM desk clerk was great and the breakfast was perfect for expected choices since this is a motel not a restaurant, food was served hot.

Room Tip: Any room is great I have only stayed on the bottom floor so smoking was easy to walk out door. I am...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JACKSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The beds are comfortable. There is a refrig and microwave in the room for convenience. The breakfast isn't over the top, but adequate and I love that they use paper bowels and plates instead of non recyclable styrofoam. It is off I15 just enough to not hear highway noise all night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
slc, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I go through Nephi all the time and last weekend (5/11/13) was the first time I have EVER seen the vacancy sign out at this hotel ! So I guess that the rest of the world already knows this is THE place to stay in this town!
I thought the room was great (Clean, roomy, comfortable bed, hair dryer in the bathroom...that's a big deal to some guys...like ME!)
The continental breakfast was near perfect in my opinion...Fresh Waffles, a choice of juice (oj & cranberry and I LOVE both!) Eggs...this is another thing I think is mandatory for a complete breakfast...but I've found them at very few places??? Hot and cold cereal...although I rarely eat either one of these just cause i don't drink milk. Fresh fruit.... Yupper, this place had almost everything....except... " Y O G U R T " If they'd a had this tasty stuff, the breakfast woulda been absolute perfection!
Every employee i spoke to was as nice as could be.
So if'n i ever see the vacancy sign again when I'm in town you can be sure that this is where I'll be a staying!

Room Tip: I had Room #244. It was great for me because i like to be on the top floor cause i always get there...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SE Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a well-run, extraordinarily clean travel hotel; we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

I don't often wax poetic about Best Western hotels...there is a lot of variability between the various locations, and many of them seem tired--BUT THIS ONE IS WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT TO TELL YOU ABOUT!

THE BEST WESTERN PARADISE INN in Nephi, Utah is a SPARKLING GEM OF A TRAVEL HOTEL. By no means a "resort;" it is clearly intended as an overnight stay in central Utah while going up or down Interstate 15. The exterior is plain and no-nonsense...you're not staying here for the fancy gardens or architecture. But for tired travelers, it is easy to get to/from the Interstate going either north or south...just a few blocks on the business route through the small town. ADDED BONUS: you get quick on/off highway access, but ZERO traffic noise!!

The staff was extremely attentive and helpful--much friendlier than in bigger towns. The property's atmosphere is straightforward and unpretentious...Nephi is a classic small town in rural Utah, after all. I noticed that several truckers and other "serious" business travelers were staying here...I'd guess this BW is one of those guarded secrets of great places to stay.

Where this motel REALLY SHINES is the EXCELLENT condition of its rooms and the SUPERB CLEANLINESS we saw in every detail. As a military family (now retired), we've traveled literally around the world and the United States...I couldn't begin to count the number of nights we've had to spend in hotels...and that's just the family travel, without counting my official travel.

The furnishings are in excellent condition and tasteful--it's not the Ritz, but it is PROBABLY THE BEST "OVERNIGHTER" HOTEL WE'VE EVER STAYED IN, especially at the price. I'd guess the rooms were renovated recently; they DID NOT have the "tired" feeling of so many hotels in this category.

We also appreciated the unique room layouts. Instead of having the air conditioner/heating unit going through the front wall and blowing out over the bed(s), this unit had a combined AC & Heating unit mounted in the back wall, where an alcove cut the noise of the unit WAY DOWN compared to the front wall layout that is standard for this category of hotel, yet still provided plentiful and even heating (it was April in Utah, after all, so we needed heating).

Again, the best part of this gem was the SUPERBLY CLEAN, RECENTLY RENOVATED ROOM we enjoyed! This hotel must have some of the best housekeeping staff I've seen in a couple of decades.

I should also note the presence of a very sharp-looking swimming pool and spa/hot tub enclosed in solarium-type glass & metal framing. Though we couldn't enjoy it due to time constraints, clearly it would delight families and kids.

No restaurant on site...but try "Lisa's Country Kitchen" just a couple of blocks down. There's also a coin-operated laundry a block or two down the street--not as convenient as an on-site laundry room, but probably cheaper and definitely faster, plus no competition with other travelers for the machines. Don't know if they have a fitness center, as we had no time to use one, anyway.

A GREAT hotel/motel for the traveling crowd on I-15 through Central/South Utah, in the town of Nephi. YES, we'd stay there again...and no doubt will, as we pass through the region often.

Room Tip: No elevator to the second floor rooms, so you might want to specify a first floor room. The parking...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn of Nephi? Share your experiences!