“Great Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray

You added Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray to your Saves list
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   818 East Winchester Street, I-215, Exit 9, Murray, UT 84107   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Murray
Nephi, Utah
“Great Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My son and I stayed in a double queen room. The ladies at the front desk were courteous and professional. The room was what we expected; a comfortable room for the night. My son enjoyed sitting on the couch rather than propping up in the bed. The A/C worked well; so well that we had to get up in the middle of the night and turn it down. There was construction on the outside of the building, but it did not interfere with our stay. The breakfast was plentiful and fresh. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Evanston, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was expecting this hotel to be better considering what we paid. The toilet wasn't very clean so that was disgusting. The drapes were too short, letting too much light in at the bottom of the window. The breakfast wasn't that good. Kind of dry, they needed gravy to go with what they were serving. There wasn't enough seating for the number of people that were eating so I felt like I had to eat fast and get out to make room for the line of people looking around for a place to sit. There were no pool towels available at the pool, just dirty towels on the floor. Got a call in the morning from the front desk asking me to move my car, because there was construction going on outside. It turned out that they had the wrong car, it wasn't mine, they didn't bother to look closely at the plates. If I had wanted to sleep in I would have been annoyed with the two unnecessary calls. I can't comment on the dinner, because I wasn't there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

There is a bad smell if bo in the hallways and room, breakfast and pool is ok but nowhere to sit outside in the sunshine. Rooms are basic and we didn't like having basins in the bedroom. Microwave is a waste of time as the hotel didn't sell any microwave food. I wouldn't stay here again but it was good value for the money if that us all you want and your standard are low.

• Stayed July 2013
crystalstar9, General Manager at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your business and thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. Our mission is to delight our guests by providing excellent service and a clean hotel. We are disappointed to learn that your recent experience with us was not satisfactory and sincerely apology for the difficulties you encountered during your stay. We want you to know that the feedback we receive can only make us better and help prevent this from happening to a future guest. We are very sorry for the inconvenience of not having microwavable items available during your stay. Our Convenience Store freezer was inoperable and we could not sell any frozen items. We typically have a wide variety of microwavable items available for purchase. Also,we updated all of our common areas including the lobby and all hallways with wallpaper and paint within the last 9 months. We will address the issue with housekeeping right away regarding any unpleasant smells in our hotel. Again, thank you for your feedback and business. We hope you’ll give us another try in the future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room was very comfortable and quite large. I had a King Size bed and a complete sitting area with a small partial wall between the 2 areas giving it a "suite" feeling. It comes with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, DirecTV, and an alarm clock that is an iPod dock.

I really liked free internet and parking. The breakfast was one of the best free breakfasts I've had at a hotel. All it needed was the Waffle machine. They have an assortment of fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, and bread. They change up the egg, sausage, potato, and pancakes or french toast each of the days I was there. It did not feel like it was a free breakfast from the quality of it.

The offer a light dinner which I did one evening. It was so-so. Looking at the dinner menu they definitely go a bit cheap on the dinner options. Just the fact that they offer the option impressed me as it came in handy the one evening I did have it.

The indoor pool and hot tub is so-so. Not the biggest pool and the evening i decided to use the hot tub, it was as cold as the pool. I heard that the next day it was warm again.

I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. The staff running the food were always on top of cleaning up the dining area and re-filling the food.

They also have a little step down sitting area with a fireplace. It looks like it could be a nice little social gathering spot in the winter.

I do hope to return at some time and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Spacious room. 1 Bed room had sleeper couch if you needed a 2nd bed. Price includes breakfast, din...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were helping our son & family move and needed a place for the night. Generally we would find something right on the interstate but there was a dog show in town & everything was booked. We did find a Motel 8 but it had insufficient parking. We had several vehicles plus a large moving van & wanted to be able to keep an eye on everything. While we were driving around we saw Crystal Inn and called. While the price was a little higher than we usually would pay, it was 9pm & everyone was tired, so we accepted the rate.

First check-in was easy. Had we been there earlier in the evening, they even have dinner included in the price. Breakfast is also included and while it is a buffet, it is wonderful. Lots of choices and hot too. We were totally impressed with this place and would definitely stay at another one.

The beds were so comfortable. The room was large enough for a small table and a couple of chairs. There was a couch and an extra lounge chair. Too bad we were just passing through. It is off the interstate but easy to get back on and this place is in a quiet location.

Unfortunately it is only located in Utah but we go through there on occasion so I will definitely put it on top of my list for places to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel (at least the common areas and our room) was spotlessly clean and neat in every respect. Not only that but the A/C was QUIET as were the hallways. The front desk folk, especially Teresa who is a shining example of what front desk staff should be, were courteous, helpful and informative. The breakfast was fantastic (although the coffee was horrible thanks to their coffee machine) with a wide assortment of delicious offerings constantly replenished. The little "dinner" (not what you'd want as a steady diet) was satisfying and quite good for those who might wish to save money or don't have the time or inclination to venture out. It is nice to see that, even in a busy hotel, everything can be kept so clean and inviting. "So", you say, "I guess I'll stay".......A couple of things to be prepared for that contribute to the "4" rating in place of a "5". The mattress, although a pillow top, was very hard which contributed to a restless night for us. If a hard mattress is your thing you're good but if a a plush pillow top is what you're used to you might have a problem. An assortment of pillows lets one choose from hard to medium/hard but none were "pillow soft". The worst thing is the traffic noise. Right adjacent to the freeway on one end, and a busy road on the other, the noise starts, during the work week, at 4:30 AM building to a crescendo by 5 AM so, if you're wanting to sleep past 5 better bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room....less noise even though there seemed to be very little room to room or ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was nice enough and the rooms were large. Lots of kids in the breakfast room and had a bit of a worn look to the place with narrow dark hallways. Looked like the cheap hotels I stayed in when I was younger and trashed on ski trips. Anyway, the breakfast was okay especially for this type of hotel and at least was cooked as opposed to pre-packaged and nuked which is a big plus.

The a/c running in the room was quite noisy but didn't particularly bother me.

Room Tip: There is only a single elevator which can be a bit slow so you may want to consider that as you go f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray? Share your experiences!