“Based on star rating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   440 West 5300 South, Murray, UT 84123 (Formerly The Pavilion Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Murray
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Based on star rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Checking was slow but the room and the breakfast was very good based upon the star rating of the hotel. You need a car if you are stopping at this hotel as it is a distance from shopping centres etc.you should try and get a top floor which would be quieter as well stay away from the lift.

Room Tip: Keep away from lift and possibly try and get top floor so that you avoid hearing people walking arou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice clean and comfortable hotel. good shuttle service to nearby Intermountain hospital. I recently stayed 11 days and found that the staff was very helpful. Rooms are nice size and kept clean. I would recommend this hotel. Good choices on the breakfast. Nothing fancy, just good service and pleasant employee's. I would stay here again if in Salt Lake City. Good room rates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

First, keep in mind that my ratings are relative to what I would expect for a hotel of this star level, in this price range. I knew I wasn't booking a 4 or 5 star hotel.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the room. It clean, large and there was microwave and mini-fridge.

Bathroom was fine- small vanity located outside the actual bathroom, and it was clean enough as well. I did have some issues with the shower the first night (slow draining water) but I figured out the next day that you just needed to push the shower button in hard and the issue was fixed.

The location is to find, but it's about 10-15 minutes from actual SLC. So that was kind of a bummer, as it felt like a long drive to get anywhere. The interstate system/highway system around SLC is my least favorite.

The breakfast was good, plenty to choose from- waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, and pastries.
The hotel claimed to have 24-hour cookies, but we spotted several times when there were no cookies. The cookies we did have were good. Also- no coffee makers in the room. They offer 24-hr coffee downstairs instead.

The service was ok, I would consider it less-than-professional. Like another reviewer said, the employees were not exactly dressed professionally. And, there was usually a child behind the front desk, I'm guessing working with mom in lieu of a babysitter. Neither of these necessarily detracted from my experience, they're just observations.

The gym is tiny. Literally 3 pieces of cardio equipment and that's it. We didn't use the pool, but it looked like a standard hotel pool.

The hotel was good for the price. I would stay here again if the price was good, although I'd probably look to stay more centrally located in SLC if I could find something similarly priced.

I'm giving this hotel a 4, because of the value and the cleanliness, but in reality, I might be a little generous with my rating.

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked a room at the Pavilion Inn in Salt Lake City for a week. Upon my arrival, the front desk clerk could not find my reservation. I went to the car, provided my confirmation number and low and behold she found it. However, the morning of the 2nd day, there was a knock at my door telling me that I was late for check-out. I explained that I was there for 5 nights and they needed to recheck the reservation. After some confusion, they finally got it straight. The staff were friendly enough, but seemed confused and discombobulated. They wore a plain white T-Shirt with a improper fitting vest over it and truly gave a very poor first impression. The hotel itself is not in Salt Lake City. If you know anything about the city, this hotel is 53 blocks south of the city center in the city of Murray. If you're looking for something close to the airport or near the city center, keep looking. As for the room, it was a standard hotel room. Nothing special and certainly not anything that I will remember a week from now. The rubber backed drapes on the windows were ripped. The work station had two electrical sockets under the desk. Both were used for lights. My choice was to work in the dark or enjoy evening lighting and not work. On my first morning at the hotel I went to take a shower and when I pulled the shower curtain open, a wash cloth that had been used by the previous guest, fell from the top of the shower curtain rod onto the floor. Clearly a lack of attention to details. The rooms themselves were nice sized and an okay sized bathroom. The walls were solid white with no pictures, mirrors or décor of any form. The free breakfast was adequate but whoever set up the serving area really missed their mark. The plates, silverware, coffee, etc. on one side of the room and the powdered eggs, bacon and single waffle maker on the other side of the room. People walking back and forth between the two stations making the room a congested mess. The cold cereal containers were broken and no longer sealed properly so they wrapped plastic wrap around the top so the cereal would not get stale prior to use. The hotel was also lacking a soda vending machine. The signs led to a vending area, but only an ice maker was there. The vending machines had been removed due to cost? The indoor pool was nice sized and the workout room had enough equipment that multiple people could enjoy them at the same time. This could be a great hotel as it has a lot of character. I blame the management for allowing it to become the less then stellar property that it could be. Would I stay here again? I might, but not because I made an earnest effort to do so. Rather because I was looking for a good price for a week long stay and simply didn't remember staying here before. As I said in the beginning of this review, there was nothing that was really remarkable that would stick in my mind after a couple days. Just another middle class hotel that's been allowed to go down hill.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was slightly worried about this hotel based on reviews here but actually found it to be a nice clean hotel with large bedrooms and adequate bathrooms, staff where helpful, there was plenty of parking, free hot drinks to help yourself to and free breakfast, which we don't usually try but as we needed to leave early we had the breakfast on the second morning and it was pretty good. There is a free laundry with free washing powder, you need to ask for the key from the front desk. We had requested interconnecting rooms which we got, my only concern would be that our door did not shut properly, as we had two rooms we put the security latch across and went out of the second room. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thornton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at The Pavilion Inn in late July for three days. The room was spacious enough, sparsely decorated, quiet. The bed is a mattress on a frame; very worn out. The sheets were clean but each night I found a long hair (I'm bald) on the sheets. There was a bed spread that was stained in several places - hotels worldwide should throw out all bed spreads! The shower head had one setting: narrow. The TV is a 24" model, I believe, mounted on the wall. It received 23 channels including one bad one and no channel guide.

Breakfast is served from 6-10, longer than most hotels. They offered 3 kinds of cold cereal, strangely thin bacon, a couple of canned fruits, "eggs", and a few other items.

It seems like The Pavilion Inn is trying to be a nice hotel but they're pinching pennies much too hard. I have stayed at better hotels for less money and will not return to The Pavilion Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Spent just one night here before picking friends up at the airport to go to Yellowstone. For the price we paid, this was more than adequate. Breakfast was good, beds comfortable, rooms clean. The only thing that was a bit strange - everything in the room was very low, even the toilet! Beds were platforms - low to the floor. The bar fridge was sitting on the floor, with a small microwave sitting on top - so low that I had to get on my knees to read the buttons on it! Not a serious problem - we actually had a good laugh about it! I guess if you have bad knees, you might want to avoid this one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Baymont Inn and Suites Murray/Salt Lake City
Baymont Inn and Suites Murray/Sa...
#56 of 74 in Salt Lake City
Midvale Inn
Midvale Inn
#4 of 12 in Midvale
4.0 of 5 stars 158 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!