We booked two nights to enable us to have full day at Bryce Canyon and then visit Zion the second day, en route to Mesquite. We booked online, via a hotel booking website and paid about £200 in total, including taxes and breakfast both mornings.
We were originally allocated a ground floor room, but were given a second floor room, on request, as one was available. It was a corner room (208) overlooking the pool. It was huge! Two queen sized beds, table, chairs, TV, fridge and coffee maker and a small balcony with chairs.
We ate in the hotel restaurant both evenings and, as vegetarians, were pleased to find a reasonable choice available to us. The food was good, as was the wine and prices reasonable. Servers were efficient, friendly and helpful.
We were given breakfast vouchers and were told we could choose anything from the breakfast menu. Again there was good veggie choice and everything we tried we enjoyed e.g. eggs, hash browns, French toast and pancakes. Portions were large, orange juice available and, of course, the refillable coffee cup.
Could not fault reception, housekeeping or restaurant staff and we were made to feel very welcome. Although somewhat isolated with regard to location, we found everything we needed on site, including fuel for our car and the Lodge's location suited us perfectly for the road trip we were making.
We don't play golf, but noted that there is a 9-hole golf course attached to the hotel. The swimming pool is small, but adequate for a refreshing dip and there is a good sized hot tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park lodging at its best! The BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge offers a refreshing pool, hot tub, 9 hole golf course and free club rentals. Our rooms are 100% smoke free, 100% pet free, with balcony views and patios that overlook the beautiful mountains and lush green golf course, DirecTV. In-room coffee and tea, guest laundry facilities, direct dial in-room phones, free local and 1-800 calls, internet connections, AAA, AARP. We are located 12 miles from the east entrance to Zion National Park, 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, 85 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 45 miles from Cedar Breaks National Monument, and 12 miles from the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Hotel Mount Carmel
- Best Western Mount Carmel
- East Zion Thunderbird Hotel
- BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge Utah/Mount Carmel