Nice hotel/motel. Big, clean rooms, comfy beds and free WIFI.
Decor a little outdated, but we were not looking for trendy. Coffee maker and fridge in room, plus convenience store at the adjacent gas station meant that breakfast at the Thunderbird restaurant was not necessary. We did eat there the evening we arrived ( not much else in the vicinity), and the food was OK. The staff were friendly, but my husband's steak was overcooked. We didn't have room for their famous ho-made pies: the unnecessarily huge portions in the US seemed to rule out desserts for us Europeans in many places.
There is a 9-hole golf course which our room looked onto at the back and a lovely swimming pool + jacuzzi which we could easily see from our private ground-floor balcony, and used a couple of times.
The hotel also has a kitschy gift shop and a coin-operated guest laundry, very handy for travellers on the road for some time.
All in all, a clean, comfortable, homey and affordable place to stay if you want to see Bryce and/or Zion. I'm so glad we didn't stay in Page, which looked like a real non-place with hugely over-inflated prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park lodging at its best! The BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge offers a refreshing pool, hot tub, 9 hole golf course and free club rentals. Our rooms are 100% smoke free, 100% pet free, with balcony views and patios that overlook the beautiful mountains and lush green golf course, DirecTV. In-room coffee and tea, guest laundry facilities, direct dial in-room phones, free local and 1-800 calls, internet connections, AAA, AARP. We are located 12 miles from the east entrance to Zion National Park, 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, 85 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 45 miles from Cedar Breaks National Monument, and 12 miles from the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Hotel Mount Carmel
- Best Western Mount Carmel
- East Zion Thunderbird Hotel
- BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge Utah/Mount Carmel