“Monument Valley Guided Jeep Tour - Clifford” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Essex, Vermont
“Monument Valley Guided Jeep Tour - Clifford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yesterday we took the Black's Hiking Jeep Tour of Monument Valley. Clifford was our guide. Clifford has first hand knowledge of Navajo culture and shared his knowledge with us. We learned not only about Monument Valley, but also about the plant and animal life and many other interesting facts. If you plan to tour Monument Valley, don't drive your car, use Black's and be sure to ask for Clifford. You won't be disappointed.

Steve and Cheryl - Vermont

Visited May 2013

West Plains, Missouri
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had the pleasure of meeting up with Clifford Yellowhair for two guided tours of Monument Valley and it was the highlight of our 11-day vacation. He was recommended by my brother-in-law, and what a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Black's Hiking Jeep Tours & Trail Rides and especially Clifford if you want the best and most from a Monument Valley experience. Thanks Clifford for making our vacation one we will always remember. The photo ops you provided were amazing and we can't thank you enough. Hope to return...........

Visited May 2013
Henrico, Virginia
“Enchanting Monument Valley Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I only had 1 day to spend in Monument Valley, Utah. My step mother and I took the 2 1/2 hour jeep tour with Clifford. It was amazing! He is a WONDERFUL guide-we learned a lot about the geology of Monument Valley and about the Navajo culture. I really enjoyed the back country part of the tour and learning the names of the various rock formations. Clifford also made helpful suggestions for taking pictures of the beautiful scenery from the best angles. Our jeep tour with Clifford was definitely the highlight of my trip to Monument Valley!

texas
“Amazing tour, Amazing guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were in Monument Valley for 3 nights and booked the 8 hour tour. Our tour guide CLIFFORD was so accomodating and informative. He took us out at sunrise to get pictures and while there, he sang Indian songs, gave us the translations, then told us histories of his family and the valley. He never hurried us and was patient at every stop to make sure we got the pictures we wanted. The tour was split into two parts, the first part of MV, the second part was Mystery Valley. AMAZING! You can not go wrong with Blacks Tours or with Clifford. CLIFFORD, if I win the lottery, I will be back to share it with you! LOL (P.S. Please remember to tip your guide)

Ridgefield, New Jersey
“Amazing and Stimulating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My 84 year old mom had always wanted to visit Monument Valley, and I took the opportunity to make the trip with her. We stayed at the View and were undecided about driving the loop or taking a tour.

We arose early and headed down to the tour booth to enquire about what was available. We met Clifford, and chose the 2.5 hour tour that goes a bit off the loop. It was an excellent choice.

The route is spectacular, displaying features that are must-see, like the arches called the Ear and the Eye, as well as some exciting off-roading in an open car.

Clifford is knowledgable and genuine, with a good story to tell. A highlight was him singing some Navajo songs in a natural amphitheater. They were melodic and had a beat- a real surprise.

We learned a bit about the Navajo people and culture as well as about the fantastic sights of Monument Valley.

Highly recommended for all ages!