“Absolutely Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Navajo Owned and Operated touring Company, Offering Private, Scenic, Cultural excursions into Monument Valley and the Surrounding area.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Absolutely Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

As a family from New Zealand we travelled to Monument Valley and booked both the morning sunrise tour and the sunset tour. Our morning tour was taken by Brian Tome and it was amazing. The scenery was spectacular and Brian was the perfect host. He kept us entertained with stories and our boys (aged 10 and 12) were fascinated with his account of the Native American life. We had all enjoyed the tour so much, we wondered if the sunset tour that afternoon, would live up to our now very high expectations. And it did! Our guide this time was Duffy Holiday and again he made the tour personal and took us to see some amazing sights. Our boys still talk about Duffy and how he taught them to climb up and over Honeymoon Arch. It was the highlight of their three week holiday in the US. I can't reccommend Monument Valley Safari highly enough. Absolutely brilliant.

Visited September 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Great guided tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked both a 3 hour sunset and sunrise tour of Monument Valley with Nate Holiday of Monument Valley Safari Tours prior to arrival. Specified that I wanted a guide with knowledge of best places to photograph during those times of day. Clint was our guide and he was excellent. Took me to spots for great photos at sunset and sunrise. Good stories and historical info during the tour. I highly recommend him and Monument Valley Safari tours.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Childhood Dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband has wanted to tour Monument Valley since he was a little boy and his childhood dream came true this past May. We wish that we could have stayed at the View, but it was booked the time that we could be there. Our guide on our Monument Valley Safari was Duffy Holiday and he was wonderful. His knowledge of the Valley was so helpful and he went above and beyond helping us to take pictures. We truly enjoyed his playing the flute for us while we enjoyed the beauty of the arch amphitheater. I love Native American Jewlery and enjoyed shopping at John Ford's Point while my husband took pictures. If we are able to return, we will definately take the Safari again and go deeper into the Valley.

Visited May 2013
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Wonderfull Tour of Monument Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Bobby gave us a spectacular tour of Monument Valley. We left at 6:45 a.m. It was much cooler then and the light was beautiful reflecting off of the mountains. We would highly recommend it.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A really great day despite the weather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at the View with some of my family and we had booked a tour with MVS long in advance.
The weather had been really bad with flooding in the area and we thought it would spoil the experience but thanks to Duffy from Monument Valley Tours, we had the best time! Duffy took us "off road" which in itself was the greatest however, he also helped us get some really unusual and hauntingly beautiful shots of the Valley. If photography is your thing, Duffy has some great ideas and locations off the beaten track and is more than good with a camera himself. He was so knowledgeable about everything on his homeland and told us many fascinating things - the day was absolutely brilliant and I cannot recommend MVS highly enough (try and get Duffy for your tour if you can!). Not to take away from the Valley itself, it is utterly amazing!! I am so glad I had the opportunity to visit - the local people were very cheerful and friendly although I think life there must be tough for them out of season so if you can, take time out to look at the amazing jewellery they make and sell - it is much admired by friends back here in the UK and I imagine these sales help boost the income of local families and help them get through the leaner times out of visitor season.

Visited September 2012