“AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our guides will take you on an adventure through a land full of Beauty and Mystery. Navajo Spirit Tours is dedicated to sharing culture, history, geology and archeology of the area. It is important to us that you feel as though you are part of Monument Valley and not just a visitor.
Rome, Ga
15 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We did two tours with Navajo Spirit Tours. Don was our guide and he did an amazing job! During the morning we did a back country tour. He brought an enclosed car because it was so cool that morning. He wanted us to enjoy our time. He knew about everything and had the best stories. We stopped frequently and made pictures and walked around. After lunch, we did Mystery Valley. I can't describe how wonderful it was. There are no words that accurately describe what we did and saw. First of all, we climbed up cliffs to some interesting arches and ruins. We saw ancient writings, awesome arches, spectacular scenery. He sang to us in one of the arches-WOW! If I ever return to Monument Valley, I will call Navajo Spirit Tours and arrange to go again with them. You won't go wrong!

Visited October 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Monument and Mystery Valley All Day Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our tour guide for the day was Larson. A fine young man and an excellent guide. His knowledge of the locations, local history and relative plant life was amazing. We have traveled extensively and this day of touring was the best ever. Mystery Valley was our favorite part of the day. I won't waste words trying to describe it...just go. But both valleys were more than expected. I've already shared our experience with friends and family. If you travel to this area do not miss this tour. The Navajo Spirits Tour is very special because of the Navajo Guides like Larson. Not only do you get to see amazing places, but your Navajo guide grew up in the valleys. WOW.

Greensburg, Indiana
21 attraction reviews
“A Must See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This place is amazing. We used Navajo Sprit tours, and were very happy. Our guide, Larry was very good. We took sunset tour on November 6th. Last hour was a little cool, so dress warm. I enjoyed being there in the so called slow season. Monuments are beautiful and you really need a guide to see back country. I WOULD NOT drive my car into the valley, unless you are in 4 wheel truck. 2.5 tour gives you plenty of time.

Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Amazing & Meaningful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Taking the mystery valley tour was something that touched our hearts and will stay with us for the rest of our lives. If I had to sum up the tour in two words it would be Awe & Freedom. I'm not sure about the rest of the readers on trip advisor, but for myself the moments when I feel complete youthful joy/glee and freedom without a care or concern in the world certainly does not happen every day (with adulthood comes responsibility and all the rest of it :-) Taking this tour and being told we could scale and climb the sandstone formations, go inside ancient dwellings dating back 1800 years, speed through vast open land in a 4x4, search for ancient arrowheads..., well I felt like a child with the world full of endless adventures and mysteries, and that is indeed priceless. Pictures really do not do this experience or landscape justice, but on a rainy Vancouver day when I'm bogged down with bills to pay and repairs to take care of (and all the rest of it), I will feel gratitude that I have the memories of this trip to reach for where I'll be able to take a moment and go back to that day when I had the thrill of racing up sandstone formations, reaching the top and remembering the awe and joy of pure freedom and wonder. Thank you Navajo Spirit Tours & our guide Harry for encouraging and educating us about your beautiful land.

Eastham, Massachusetts
“The most memorable and meaningful part of our trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Of all the national parks we visited, this recent late October - Arches, Zion, Bryce, Mesa Verde, and the Grand Canyon's south rim - none felt as grounding and spiritual to me as our sunset Navajo Spirit Tour through Monument Valley. The other parks are also breathtakingly beautiful, but on this tour, I felt connected to my family, the amazing landscape, and our navajo guide, Larson, who opened a window into Navajo culture. He made this tour unique - stopping the truck, bounding into the brush, reappearing with fragrant plants and flowers. He too told stories passed onto him about the area and happily answered our questions. His good humor, resourcefulness, and heart of gold made this trip truly memorable.

I have ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and can walk short distances with the help of a walker or kind hands. This ten day trip with my Mom, Dad and sister was bittersweet because it may be the last time I will be able to travel. It's a bumpy, dusty ride in the open air seats in the back of the truck, but my family held me stable as we bounced around. This tour made it possible for me to get away from other tourists and take us into some backcountry and to have our own sacred moment together.

If you are tempted to drive the loop yourself, you will only see the surface. Plus, you will miss out on the seeing private Navajo land - away from the busier car loop. We were fortunate to be alone on our tour, which was perfect for our family. We were the only people in sight with miles of sage brush meadows, roaming horses, and clusters of buttes rising above and around us like red sandstone cities and giants.

At sun down, we climbed down from the truck and sat on a red sand mound facing east as the sun set ablaze corral like spires glowing orange against the soft bands of baby blue and pink sky. Larson played beautiful flute music while my Dad beat a drum. My sister and Mom sat beside me as we all shared each others company, the smell of juniper, the heartbeat of the drum, colorful streams of flute song, and the shifting sunlight. Thank you Larson and my family for this deeply moving experience. I cannot say enough, how meaningful this trip was for me and my family and how much I recommend this tour for others.

Visited October 2013