We had originally hoped to get into The View, but having stayed at Gouldings Lodge we were not disappointed. We stayed in a casita, a short drive from the main lodge but generously spaced for a party of 4, with 2 double bedrooms, fitted kitchen, laundry facilities and – most importantly – a clear view out towards sunrise over Monument Valley.
The Lodge could make more of its Western heritage as a trading post, but there is an excellent small museum and a cinema showing John Wayne movies ("Stagecoach" or "The Searchers") every evening. If you are a Western fan, this is a better deal than The View.
The restaurant was good value although it did get busy during the day because of the tour buses.
We did the full day 4x4 tour of Mystery Valley and Monument Valley and loved every minute of it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Goulding's Lodge & Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goulding`s Lodge And Campground
- Goulding`s Lodge & Campground Hotel Monument Valley
- Gouldings Hotel Monument Valley
- Gouldings Hotel Campground
- Gouldings Lodge Monument Valley
- Goulding Lodge
- Goulding's Lodge & Campground Monument Valley, Utah