“Basic Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

435-587-2335
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: American
Description: PJ's is a family friendly relaxed atmosphere. We are known for our homestyle breakfast and our burgers too. We're a great place to come and enjoy a burger and play a game of pool or if you prefer, just relax and watch television. We also have wifi so you will be able to catch up on all your emails while you're traveling. See our page on facebook.
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Basic Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just needed a quick breakfast before continuing on my drive to Colorado. Ordered at the counter and then my breakfast was served just a few minutes later. Ladies are all extremely friendly and nice. I guess that have a homemade jam but I didn't try it.

Visited July 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“a sandwich shop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was close to my hotel so I went in for a meal, but it was really a sandwich shop and had a 4 sale sign out front. The prices were $7 to $10 for basic sandwiches and burgers. I ordered a turkey club and got it in about 8 minutes. The turkey and veggies were OK, but the cheese and bread were not. The cheese was processed slices and the bread was cold toasted white bread. As I ate the cook sang along with every song on the radio. Don.t expect much from this place. I would rather stop at a Subway.

Visited June 2014
Loveland, Colorado
“No service, High prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I walked into the front door to be greeted by a sign saying "wait to be seated". Within a few minutes I see a waitress walk by and make eye contact with me. I thought, great I should be seated soon. WRONG! I continued to stand there as she went back and forth, and not acknowledging I was even there. As I began to grow inpatient, I took a look at the menu and was shocked. I was really wanting a chicken fried steak (good old country food!). I spotted the dish on the menu for a whopping $15. I took another look around and decided to just walk out. No service, high prices and lack of atmosphere told me the food would not be worth it! Went to Subway.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Littleton, Colorado
“Breakfast at 8...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Before we started the next leg of our motorcycle trip, we wanted a hot breakfast. We walked over to the restaurant fro our nearby hotel only to find that it opened at 8 am. It appears to have a lock on breakfast on this side of the town so it was back and forth for us. Every place in Monticello seems to have the knotty pine paneling. My wife had French toast and I had eggs and ham. Standard fare and nothing extra-ordinary here. We got our hot meal and were off to Cortez.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“How difficult is it to make something so simple ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stopped in for lunch while on a business trip. We were the only 2 people in the place and the woman behind the counter acted annoyed that we were bothering her leisurely afternoon. My husband ordered a simple hamburger and it was raw inside. I told her I'm a vegetarian and allergic to all dairy and lettuce. She didn't offer any suggestions or help with any recommendations. I had to ask what choices of bread they had and she didn't know what was still good that day. While waiting for our lunch I noticed all sorts of vegetarian items on the menu that could have been incorporated in my lunch. It's always a risk stopping in these tiny towns where the hiring pool is so shallow.