“Very cool and unique hotel. Top 5 hotel rooms I have stayed in while skiing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zermatt Resort & Spa

You added Zermatt Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Zermatt Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   784 W Resort Dr, Midway, UT 84049   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very cool and unique hotel. Top 5 hotel rooms I have stayed in while skiing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Even though the Zermatt is a 20 minute drive to the ski areas you still feel like you are on vacation in a cool little ski village. The whole resort has a very Swiss mountain village feeling and the staff were all super helpful. GIVE JORDAN A RAISE! This guy saved the night and was a real gentleman. This was just the lobby….

Our room was incredible. When we walked in I thought we were in another little lobby or something but it was our living room. :) The room had full kitchen and the coolest breakfast/eating area, full, big sofa, fireplace and huge balcony. The room was seriously, twice as big as my first apartment. This is one of the best ski hotel values I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the same room I described above.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I splurged and booked my husband and I a romantic, relaxing weekend getaway at the Zermatt for Valentines. That plan did not happen at this hotel. The hotel staff are friendly. But (as previsouly stated) the place is FULL of kids. We had kids/ teenagers running the halls, screaming, running and banging on the walls well after midnight for both nights we stayed there. Right as we would just about get to sleep, a group of them would run down the hallway, laughing, screaming and kicking or hitting the halls. They were knocking on peoples doors and running away laughing. It was horrible! During our stay we had a couples massage done at the spa. The spa was nice but my husbands massage turned out to be quite the let down. I paid for 2 FULL body massages and the woman that massaged my husband only worked on his back. Totally got jipped on the massage. The first night we were there we decided to eat dinner at Matty's since it is the least expensive restaurant they have at this resort. For 2 burgers and drinks our total bill was over $50.00. OUCH! This is just a tip of the experience we had at this hotel and for the price you pay to stay, eat and play here- I really expected so much more out of this hotel. Do yourself a favor and save your money. NOT AT ALL WORTH THE PRICE they charge for a stay at this hotel. Unless of course, you are looking for someplace to stay with all your kids, with the intentions of the halls of the hotel to be your babysitter all night.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Zermatt resort! The service was wonderful and they were able to change our room very easily when we didn't have a tub. Our booking said it would have a tub so this was a little annoying but they took care of it right away. The hotel is very pretty. The rooms are simple and fun. They are not super nice but they are nice and relaxing. The free wireless internet is HORRIBLE but luckily we didn't need the internet. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable.

Midway is amazing and worth a trip!

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was nice, but the amenities left much to be desired. No room service past 9:00 pm, broken vending machines, horrible wireless, and when we tried to use the hot tub at 9:30 pm, it was full of children! The hotel is full of children - probably a 5 to 1 child to adult ratio. Not really conducive to a romantic get-away.

Murray, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I make a very humble living and this getaway was meant to be a much needed romantic and pampering time away for me and my husband, but instead was a big let down for our hard earned money. We booked a "signature suite" which is one of the most expensive rooms they offer, because we wanted to stay in a room with a jetted tub and fireplace. Our room was dusty, dirty, there were pills lying on the bathroom floor, jets didn't work in the jetted tub, carpet was worn and dirty, molding around balcony door was coming off and hanging off door, vents in room were dusty and dirty, furniture was chipped/scratched and had water rings on it, no plates or silverware in the kitchenette, outdoor jacuzzi was out of order and the inside pool area had paint peeling from the ceiling with rust around the vents. To be fair, there were some very nice things about the resort (i.e. work out facility, lobby area, really nice front desk, concierge and reservations staff) and the town of Midway is very cute.
After coming home I wrote a letter/email to the general manager detailing our experience, but never got a response. Very poor customer service if you ask me. The Zermatt Resort is rated 4 star, but certainly didn't meet those standards on our visit. I can honestly say, I have no desire to stay there again!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed at the Zermatt resort as friends were getting married across the road in the Homestead Resort. This was our first trip to Utah and we weren't disappointed.

The hotel staff couldnt have been any more friendly and helpful. The room was very large and comfortable with a stunning view of the mountains. The only thing I thought is that it could've been more modern. But I guess it was a Swiss and German themed resort so perhaps the rooms were in keeping with that.

The swimming pool was very nice too with indoor and outdoor sections.

We ate in the steakhaus one night for dinner and the whole part were impressed with their meals and excellent service. There was also a nice bar and a little bakery which was excellent for breakfast and snacks. There's also an activity shop and we hired one of the off road buggys and went up in to the mountains for two hours. Would definitely recommend the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I were able to get away for the night. This was a charming hotel with a delightful front desk staff who greeted us warmly, checked us in quickly, and offered us hot cider and cookies. The rooms were nice. The spa service was outstanding and Tiffany went above and beyond to accomodate us. The therapists were amazing. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!