“Very pretty, but Z Chop Haus made it memorable.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   784 W Resort Dr, Midway, UT 84049   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Sugar Land, Texas
“Very pretty, but Z Chop Haus made it memorable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice resort. Just empty in September. Not their fault we went at the height of their off season. Nice room. Beautiful area of Utah. But our favorite was Z Chop Haus. Lovely restaurant, fantastic service. We went twice while we were there. That I give 5 stars....

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I liked everything about this hotel. The service was excellent. They had free valet (of course, you have to tip) which was great when you came back from a long day playing in the snow and you are freezing and tired. The indoor pool/hot tub area was really nice.

The restaurant in the lobby had great pizza and decent breakfast (but the coffee is terrible). The bakery was not as good: we ordered croissants and they were cold and not fresh so we never went back.

It's 20 minutes to Park City.

The Crater is very very cool. You do not have to pay to go in and look around.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went with my wife to Z Chop Haus last night. The service was outstanding, and the food was even better. Do not miss the crab cakes. They are all crab (not sure how they keep them together!) and the dry aged steaks were cooked perfectly. They have excellent sea salt and cracked pepper on the table, which highlighted the beef nicely. A couple demi-glaze sauces on the side, and we were in heaven.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pismo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Came for just one night while skiing at nearby Sundance. Did not want to pay the $500 a night at Sundance so I opted for the Zermatt. Hotel was nice and the grounds were pretty with all the snow falling. Hotel occupancy was less than 10% but I was given a room on the ground floor at check in. When asking if there was a nicer location on a higher floor I was told that since I booked on Expedia there was no upgrade available. I'm not sure it would have cost them much to offer an upgrade when almost all the rooms were empty. I finally was given a room on the 2nd floor which was nice but the attitude of the desk agent was not what I expect when checking in to a hotel that's 90% empty. All of the staff were nice and helpful but the check in experience was what knocked the review down to a 3. I felt like a loser for booking through Expedia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TripXpert1, General Manager at Zermatt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I was disappointed to read of the misunderstanding at check in and would like to take this opportunity to clarify.
We value all of our travel partners and our mutual guests they bring to us. We receive reservations directly as well as through booking sources, and offer all of our guests the same upgrades, when available, beginning at $30 per night. I apologize if this wasn't communicated to you clearly at check-in and you were left with any negative feelings.
I'm glad that we were able to move you to a room that better suited your needs. Thank you for your kind words about the rest of our staff. We agree that our location makes us a prime choice for a quick ski getaway and I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you have an opportunity to hit the slopes.

Eric Clark
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Amazing hot apple cider in the lobby. Well decorated. Friendly staff. Clean comfy rooms. Feels like a village in Switzerland. Free shuttle to Park City and best of all quite affordable. It is a bit ways from Park City but if you are there for a romantic trip, this place is one to consider.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Rafael, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently attended meetings at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, Utah, surrounded by towering snowy mountains and steaming hot springs. The hotel sits on a large property with several groups of out buildings. I was lucky enough to have a luxurious "lodge" room in the main building a few steps away from the front desk. The room was very large, was outfitted for handicapped, which I didn't need but found friendly, and with a view from my window of mountains and a natural thermal pool steaming through the snow...most picturesque! The restaurant on property, Matty's had tasty food, and I enjoyed a lovely massage at their attractive spa. Overall, service was good, the place was clean and quiet. Skiers used this facility to ski at nearby Park City, where the Sundance Film Festival was also in progress. I was able to get an amazing price on one of the discount hotel sites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Springville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

An extraordinary experience! We came up for a family celebration and were treated to an awesome memory. We have stayed many times at the Homestead and really love Midway and the Heber Valley. This was the first time for us at Zermatt and the quality of service was outstanding. We enjoy swimming at the Crater and really appreciated the shuttle service which had the nicest drivers from your bell staff. The Wellness center was absolutely amazing with the quality of the fitness machines, the Saunas and Steam Rooms in both the Men's and Women's locker rooms. It was a real bonus to have the relaxation rooms. My whole family including the grandkids thought your pool with the swim-out connection to the outside pool was really cool and the set-up for the Jacuzzi area with the heated waterfall was truly amazing. There were 4 of us that had massages. Your Spa staff was so courteous and the therapists were extremely skilled in their techniques. The feeling of being pampered by everyone on your staff was so awesome! The food was great both at Matty's Bistro and Z's Chophouse. I will definitely be back. Thank you for helping create such a great family memory for us!

Room Tip: Honestly, I think all the rooms would be great with the panoramic view of Heber Valley and the Wasat...