“All the fun-none of the exercise!” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Cross-country skiing
Attraction Details
Orem, Utah
10 attraction reviews
“All the fun-none of the exercise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Who doesn't want to sit on a tube while a pully takes you to the top of a perfectly groomed hill?! It's a beautiful location, great fun for all ages, just a little expensive.

Huntington Beach, California
7 attraction reviews
“Nordic Ski Junior Olympics Finals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went to Soldiers Hollow while the Nordi Ski Junior Olympics were taking place. We didn;t know anyone competing, but the overall atmosphere was great, and you could imagine what it was like in 2002 (when the Olympics held events there). The location is goirgeous and there are lots of non-Olympic actibvities (the tubing is a blast - you ride huge inner tubes down the hill' in the winter of course)

Visited March 2012
Salt Lake City
26 attraction reviews
“Fun Times Tubing with 14 People!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We had a blast, all 14 of us, tubing at Soldier Hollow on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Since our group was so large we made a reservation, which is highly recommended for large groups. Keep in mind that all of us bundled up for the winter and ended up shedding our coats & gloves because it was so warm! We just put our coats & gloves in our tubes so we didn't have to run back to the cars. The rope tows are awesome -it sometimes stops because a tube doesn't detach properly at the top of the run. There are six runs -all different layouts & speeds. We were able to make trains, which was a lot more fun than going down by yourself. There are two size of tubes; mini and big. My four year old daughter had the mini tube and the rest of the kids (ages 6+) had the big tubes. There are also chairs set out by the tube shack so people can watch their friends/family members screaming with joy down the tube runs. If you ask nicely the tube liftees will give you a huge push down the hill so you can go really fast -the kids LOVED this! I made my kids ask every time -who will turn down a kid request? This is one attraction that I would visit again!

KEEP IN MIND THAT EACH PERSON NEEDS HIS/HER OWN RELEASE FORM. YOU CANNOT PUT ONE FAMILY ON ONE RELEASE FORM. Having these filled out before you go saves time and you get ahead of the people who don't have a release form filled out!

Visited March 2012
South Weber, Utah
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We visited Soldier Hollow last night. Our children (ages 6 & 9) had a fun time on the tubing hill. Our younger kids (ages 4 & 2) enjoyed the kiddie hill at the bottom of the tubing hill. The lifts unfortunately had problems throughout the night, resulting in less runs than hoped for. None of this really played a role in the fact that we will not be going back though. Poor customer relations has everything to do with that.
I bought groupons initially understanding the groupon to be a $20 value, kids ages 3-6 are $10/each. So I bought them intending to use one for my two younger children. When I called to reserve, I also specifically asked if I could do this, and was told that it was no problem. Before leaving, we printed the groupons that said 2 hours of tubing-no $ amount, with no real clarification beyond that on the print out. At this point I was glad that I had called and specifically asked & clarified our intented way of using them. Only, when we got there, we had nothing but problems. The first employee tried to be understanding and work with us, but when the manager was brought into the discussion, she was unpleasant and said that the groupon stated it was "one per person" (there was no clarification of this on our print out and once we got home I checked the original listing & it was also not clarified this way there either.) It's not so much the fact that they would not allow us to let our younger son go with the groupon as well, but the fact that I called, specifically asked, and then to have them recant. If they're not going to work with their customers when given bad info, they need to at least ensure that all of their employees are giving out correct information. Bottom line, I'm not interested in supporting a business that's not interested in supporting their customers or backing up their statements.

Visited February 2012
SLC, UT
3 attraction reviews
“The whole family loved it -- great when there's no real snow around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

With no snow in SLC this winter, we drove down to Soldier Hollow to tube on some fake snow. Our family had a great time. We got half off on Groupon. We almost had the place to ourselves (4-6pm on a Friday). The slopes were nice and smooth with some fun ups and downs -- even our 4-year-old could go down safely by himself. I'm not sure if I'd pay full-price, but at $10 a person it was a perfect afternoon. Here's a quick video of us: http://youtu.be/Rqpy7q7nLVs

Visited January 2012

Been to Soldier Hollow? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Soldier Hollow, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later