“Sundance 2012, inn on the creek” 5 of 5 stars

Inn on the Creek
375 Rainbow Lane, Midway, UT 84049   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Midway B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Sundance 2012, inn on the creek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This place is rad. Can't believe we got such a huge deal on it. The lady helping us, Sharon, is super nice. The view is a knockout. Definitely coming back next year for sundance 2013.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

The resort was not in good shape. Our room had not been cleaned. The grounds were not taken care of. Out air conditioner was controled by bottom floor. Whenever we needed something, there was no one around to help us. We not satisfied with the service or the grounds.

• Stayed June 2010
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Hotel has been sold to become rehab. facility. Though the young couple managing the place worked hard to correct problems, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Alpine, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My dad grew up in MIdway so I spent a lot of time there at my grandparents' home & farm. It has been over 10 years since they past away so it was fun and nostalgic to return to the area.

The location of the Inn was awesome. It is very quiet and secluded. We were even greeted when we pull in by a fawn eating some grass.

We went in to check in and there was a little boy, probably about 5 years old, with bed-head playing on the computer with the speakers on full-blast. Someone came to help us and apologized. She said she was baby sitting while preparing for a wedding there. She said things were a little hectic with new management.

My initial thought was the place was nice, but it has seen better days. It was pretty old school as they hand you a metal key and tell you if you lose it you pay $10.

We chose the French suite. Again, it was nice, but dated. There was a big hole in the wall in the bathroom.

One thing that annoyed me, but I'm sure made my wife very happy was that there was no internet access. I noticed a couple of wifi connections, one with a password and one without. The one without didn't work so I went to the front desk and snooped around (because no one was in sight) looking for a password. I finally found it and got connected, but still got no internet access. Oh well, I still had my iPhone with a slow Edge connection :)

We weren't told about breakfast so we didn't plan on it. We were surprised when they knocked on the door about 9 AM and delivered some muffins, apple, orange and orange juice. They had an order form for breakfast but it was filled out by someone else, not either one of us.

All in all I think the place has some good bones and has the potential to be a nice stay again. I guess time will tell what happens with the new management.

Other Pros:
Beautiful location. Very quite. Lots of wildlife. Felt like we had the place to ourselves (which we likely did). Close to other destinations. We actually had couples massage at the homestead.

Other Cons:
Only one role of toilet paper. Run down, Stucco falling off exterior, Took about 15 minutes of showing before water finally got hot (seriously). Bed was making weird noises, like there was a broken box spring or something.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I now know why I had no problem finding a room here when all of the other B&B's seamed to be booked for the weekend. The palce is way under staffed as we only saw one gentleman when we checked in at 4:00 but was gone at 6:00. We did see him the next morning but again not around in the evening and they had a wedding reception taking place! Continental breakfast Friday morning served to our door but nothing Saturday morning and no one to ask about it or to check us out. Did spot a young lady that appeared to be coming to work as we were leaving at 10:00! Asked for a "romance package" you know chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals and so on when I booked the room and it didn't happen. We did overhear that the Inn had been sold and would not be open as such after July. It all made sense after hearing that coment, just keeping the doors open until it's sold. I did read a couple of reviews before I booked the room and the ones at the top of the list that gave it 4 stars, they must not get out much. I wish I would have read more of the reviews as they are much more accurate to the actual condition of the place and the lack of staff to keep the place open. One of them from May of 09 talked about the missing railing and the roof tiles that had fallen off and guess what a year latter still the same. No point in beatting a dead horse or in this case a dead house. So on the bright side, if you don't care about the service you would expect from a B&B and like a quite place to sleep in this may work for you, we did feel like we had the place to ourselves.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

This is a charmingly decorated inn in a lovely small country town setting. The staff is solicitous and accomodating and the room was spacious and decorated in an african theme with vaulted ceilings, fireplace and a balcony with a lovely view of the creek.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fremont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was beautiful and location was excellent. The lunch that was served for the workshop was well presented. The breakfast was great too. People were friendly and helpful

The only negative part was having no one at the front desk in the evening, not even anyone to ask, "how do I get online?" I think that should be made part of their room literature or confirmation email when people get their rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Inn on the Creek? Share your experiences!