“Recent Trip to Homestead Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Homestead Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N Homestead Drive, PO Box 99, Midway, UT 84049   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Recent Trip to Homestead Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Seven couples spent three days at the Homestead Resort and found the cottages, food, and golf nothing but great. The staff was wonderful and each of our seven cottages was uniquely decorated. Great Job Homestead!!!

Room Tip: September is a great time to visit the Heber valley with all of the trees turning their fall reds.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vernal, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stay at the Homestead Resort in Midway, UT every September. It's always a pleasant experience. This year we were assigned an exceptionally nice room. It was spacious, very clean and helped make our stay a memorable experience. The setting in the beautiful mountains of the Wasatch range was peaceful, cool and pleasant. The service at the front desk was over-the-top friendly. (The fudge is amazing!!!). I give excellent marks across the board, and highly recommend this beautiful location for your next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I was told the place had just been remodeled when I booked. I would hate to see what it looked like before. Rooms were very dated and unattractive. The toiled is extra small and stuck in a tight spot between the wall and tub. I mean there is less then 6 inches on each side. Crater soak was ok but over priced. Service mediocre. Golf course was nice. I could not recommend the rooms at all! Stay somewhere else and just come for the golf!

• Stayed September 2012
Donald H, Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
We apologize if you were misled by our reservation staff. We did upgrade our rooms with new mattresses, TV's , carpet and new artwork. We have not however done major remodeling. With any resort that is 125 years old we understand that upgrading and remodeling will need to take place from time to time. Our owners are committed to doing so with the Homestead. We value all our your comments and will continue to make the Homestead a very special place for our guests to create memories. Thank you.
Herriman, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We took our family of five to stay for two nights over Labor Day weekend. We stayed in the Bunkhouse, which has two queen-size beds plus a closet-sized bunk bed room where we put our two youngest kids. We stayed in this same room over Memorial Day weekend and were very happy with it. This time, we had a quiet first night, then the second night had noisy neighbors. The bunk room has a door at the back side which can be opened to the adjoining bunk-room for a shared space for larger families. There is a door in each room that is bolted from the inside. Our kids, upon hearing the kids in the room next-door opening their door proceeded to open our door to meet them. I wish these doors were bolted up high so kids could not open and close them. The doors also allowed a great deal of noise to travel from their room to ours. I called the front desk when I was trying to put my kids to bed and the noise stopped.

There was a small fridge, but no microwave oven.

We enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools and a swim in the crater.

The staff was friendly and responsive at every encounter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Donald H, Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your suggestion about the doors in the bunk room, great idea. We will be changing the locks this week.
West Valley City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

BUT could never really afford it. I work for a world-wide hotel chain I get a deal there that can't be beat, but i got a LivingSocial deal and as I go to Swiss Days there every year I thought it would be nice for my wife to experience as her first time and my second(hadn't been in 10-15 years). As usual, the grounds are great; big trees, flowers everywhere and groomed to a tee. We stayed in the Garden House but had no marks as to why it was named as such. A rather plain room, one of 6 in the house that was not decorated outside either. The best part was the large balcony from which we watched the thunder and lightening show followed by a heavy rain in the middle of the night.. Its been really hot so the 90 degree hot spring in the crater wasn't very tempting even with our free passes and as we are not golfers that was out as well although I've only heard great things about the course. I would never pay full price and the crater may be nice in the winter. Their brunch was very good years ago but its now at their sister property Zermatt(across the street) and is more expensive($33). With Swiss Days around I went with a Bratwurst sandwich. Never miss Swiss Days, skip the Homestead. There are better pricy resort hotels in town(Blue Boar, Old Mill, Inn on the Creek, etc.) to spend your money on. From Fine dining to Fancy Rooms.....as a pro photographer I've seen many inside and out in Midway.

Room Tip: ask to view rooms available if yours isn't to your liking. Ask staff and other vendors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed over labor weekend for our anniversary, upon arriving we was excited as have stayed before in a cottage and we loved it. When got to our room which was a cottage it was a lot smaller then we though, the bathroom was very small, only one tv worked in the bedroom but the room with the couch the TV didn't work at all. This was not good as my husband just had back surgery so would prefer to sit on couch and watch tv. When we complained to the front desk they told us that there is a problem and nothing can do to fix The bed was also so hard and uncomfortable. The front desk staff did not have good customer service and when checking out didn't even ask how our stay was.
There was good service at the Fannys and the servers were nice.
We spend a lot of time over at the Zermett as they made u feel welcome over there and had a lot more to do activities. I think next time will be paying the same price and getting a lot more over at the Zermett.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Although the grounds are lovely and it was a peaceful place, the website completely misrepresented the rooms! I have stayed in Five Star hotels, average nation-wide chains and small locally owned lodging concerns and have had much better experiences than at The Homestead Resort. Based on the website, the rooms were updated, clean and bright. Not our room. It was expensive (group rate of $145/night), dark, dirty, dirty towels and had an extremely small bathroom with no counter space and generally very disappointing. The desk staff was not friendly upon check-in or out. Upon check-out, I was asked how my stay was and I expressed my concerns and opinion - I received an "Oh". No apology, nothing. Upon returning home I decided to call the General Manager, had to leave a message with the front desk and was told he would return my call, which didn't happen. After a week, I called again and left a detailed message on the GM's voice mail and still haven't had a call back. The Homestead is expensive, has misrepresented itself, very disappointing and I won't stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
We are sincerely sorry for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Upon returning from time off I did try reaching out to you so we could address your concerns. The concerns with the room not being properly cleaned is unacceptable and being addressed with our staff. In regards to the room rates we have always tried to be very competitive with our rates and offer very affordable packages at the Homestead. We understand if we do not meet your expectations it doesn't matter what we charge. Please accept our apologize and allow us in the future to gain back your trust. Thank you

Been to Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!