“Generally very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Midvale
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
“Generally very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Overall, the experience was very good. The breakfast was satisfying and nice to have it hot. The waffles, in particular, were very good. Unfortunately, the hot tub was closed the entire time we were there, which was disappointing. Also, the shower had some water pressure issues that were promptly fixed by the hotel staff. The shower was still not as warm as we would have liked in the mornings, but at least it was not cold.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alan D, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Midvale Inn, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thanks for choosing Best Western Midvale for your lodging needs. We appreciate you staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed our breakfast and other amenities of the hotel. We hope the remainder of your summer travel season is safe and enjoyable.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Quincy, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would not tell anyone to stay at Midvale! From the time I walked through the front doors I should have known it was going to be bad. The front desk person was out to lunch, so to speak, not friendly at all. Had to call the manager 2 times. Finally he took over and got us checked in but to his dismay the room was not ready. He asked us to wait and wait,.... No blow dryer, nasty stains on the carpet, made you want to wear you shoes all the time. Blood on the comforter. A call from the front desk at 1 am over the reason we had asked to be moved!! Never again will I stay in Midvale1

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alan D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Midvale Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Ms. Melody - I apologize for your unfortunate stay at our hotel. It later came to my attention that our front desk agent was actually having a bi-polar attack during a portion of the shift. That explains the out to lunch syndrome you were speaking of. You are correct as they did have to call me twice because I do not typically stay on the property throughout the weekend. As I made my way to the hotel I did experience a line which was quickly dissolved and checked in.

When I spoke to you about the handicap room, you seems to be fine with us doing the last minute touch up to make sure your room was tidy. Even though check in is at 3 o'clock we always try to service our guest if there are rooms available.

I can't explain the one o'clock call, I agree that is unnecessary and rude. I will speak to the agent to use better common sense in those situations.

Safe travels to you and again accept our sincere apologies.................
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

my boyfriend booked this hotel before I read the reviews...:/ We had a pleasant stay! There were a few issues at check in but were resolved. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was very good the staff at the breakfast were very nice! The pool area was small but very nice and clean. The only complaint here is that the coffee in the rooms is like drinking mud .. yuck... other than that a great place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for stopping in and lodging with us. I'm really glad you liked your stay. It's unfortunate you didn't like the in room coffee. If you're ever back in the area, check out our 24 hour coffee machine in the breakfast area. It serves latte, mocha, expresso and hot chocolate. Thanks again for choosing Best Western and safe travels this summer..................
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this room through Groupon for a friend visiting town. It is conveniently located by the freeway & gave way for easy travel. She could get to where she needed to be without having to cut through the city traffic. The room was clean & it was nice to have a mini fridge to store drinks & snacks. We used the pool & it was on the cold side but clean. The hot tub was warm & comfy! The staff was really kind & they offered a breakfast that was quite nice; waffles/eggs to yogurt/oatmeal & there was a nice variety of juices/coffees. Cafe Silvestre is across the front parking lot & they offer wonderful Mexican Food (& have alcohol)- This eliminates the need to drive anywhere to grab a bite to eat & get a cold beer :0)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Alan D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Midvale Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks for choosing Best Western Plus for your lodging needs. Happy and safe travels to you................
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this room through Hotwire and having lived in SLC we were a little worried about the location. I'm happy to say there were no problems with the area. It is conveniently located next to I15. The rooms are nice. Clean and quiet. The beds are pretty hard but I slept well. The breakfast was nice I was excited that they had Greek yogurt! The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014
Alan D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Midvale Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Than you for your kind words. We really try to make each guest feel welcome like family. It is where you stay with people who care. Being that you are from Salt Lake, we'd like to invite you out again whenever you need that break. We're ready to dazzle you with cozy, clean comfort............
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked our stay through Groupon. The room offered was the king jacuzzi suite. When we arrived at the hotel we were told we were upgraded to the business suite. We were excited and headed up to our room only to find it was the basic hotel room. Infuriated I went back down and confronted the front desk lady as calmly as I could and explained what happened. To which we were told that we aren't allowed to have a jacuzzi room through groupon without paying 200$ extra for the two nights. She then also told us that someone else had also booked through groupon but that they had gotten the only working jacuzzi suite and that they had no others available becaue the company owners kept the rooms occupied with their things 24/7. She then called her manager and we were told the same thing. That their policy with group on is that we would have to pay 200$ more for the room we booked! I finally gave in and said we would pay the extra and magically the suite we booked opened up! We finally got to our room and settled down. I didn't appreciate what I felt were lies and excuses to not let us have our room. Not to mention trying to not stay true to their contract with groupon. As we checked out we were told that the 200$ Didn't need to be paid and that we were right all along. As nice as that was I stressed about the money my whole anniversary and was very upset. I will never go back because of the way we were treated.

• Stayed June 2014
Alan D, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Midvale Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Kylee P - Let me begin by offering my sincere apology for your unfortunate stay at our hotel. We have a very good working relationship with Groupon and what you experienced is not our standard operating procedures. We receive confirmations from Groupon with the room types listed on the reservation. Periodically, there are miscues which should not hamper the check in process or guest experience. You were given some inaccurate information and we do apologize for the miscommunication on the issue. We did not intentionally lie to you or try to mislead you in any way. I understand how important special occasions are and we feel terrible for stressing you out on your anniversary. It should have been a time of happiness, fun and relaxation.

That being said, I would like to offer you a do-over. I will totally compensate you and your husband a weekend, so that we may show you how we truly operate. Please contact the hotel at 801.566.4141 and ask for me directly (Darryl Carter) so that we may discuss the matter in more detail. I will also reach out to you personally with the information we have on file.

Again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you soon............
Lompoc, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a single mom with a husband.. He travels 2 week on/2 week off and this mom needed a serious break, and this was suppose to be it. Sleep, TV (of my choice;), swimming pool lounging. My room was nice in appearance, but, drippy faucet and the fridge gurgled; I was going to let that go UNTIL I found a snotty tissue in the covers. 1st night of uninterrupted sleep, NOT! They moved me to another room. I snuggled down to have my moment of "uninterrupted" tv. I started itching, EVERYWHERE. The front desk sent house keeping my way. RUDE!! Trying to save my "relaxing" mom-cation, I thought I'd go visit the pool. I couldn't get in, my key wasn't working. The pool area stunk!! Maybe next to the trash on the other side of the wall?? Needless to say, I returned home to my family a day early. I have to say, Brittani White, at the front desk tried to make everything OK...too little too late. Breakfast was gross; runny scrambled eggs, bacon was sitting in it's bucket of grease, automatic coffee maker wasn't working, "it needs to be cleaned".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! You get what you pay for.