“BBC in Utah?” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Farmers Branch, Texas
“BBC in Utah?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

For some “food groups” Texans find it difficult to accept the notion “good” is ever found outside Texas. BBQ is high on that list.
This is a great place for a sandwich: chopped pork, beef brisket, or hamburger. Or go really big, try a Famous Feast.
We were in Salt Lake for some skiing last month, ate here twice. Everything met or exceeded our expectations. Even this old Mudgeon from Texas was pleased.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City, Utah
“early bird great food for a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went here in the mood for some tasty food and we were not let down! At first glance the menu looked a little pricey and then we looked at the early bird specials on the back. I was surprised to learn that the specials went until 6 pm every day instead of just weekdays. It was only 5:30 so we took advantage of them and the portions were ideal for a sit down dinner. We didn't have any leftovers to take home, but the value was great.
I ordered the ribs and they were perfect! They were very tender and fell right off the bone. There was very little fat on the ribs so I was able to enjoy the meat without dealing with the yucky stuff. According to everyone else at the table, their meats were delicious and there were NO complaints on the food.
The only negative thing I noticed was that there was a sign on the table saying that if the manager did not come out and ask how the meal was before you paid your check, you could get $10 off your next meal. The manager didn't come to us so we asked our server about it. She said that she would get the manager and after 10 minutes of waiting we decided we would just go.

Visited November 2012
Missouri
“We love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We are from Barbecue Land in the Midwest and yet find Famous Dave's to be one of our favorite stops. Great smoky flavor with moist tender meat and the sides are so much better than most smoky barbecue stops.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, UT
“Probably the best, consistent bbq I've had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Never been disappointed with Famous Dave's. Whenever I've had a problem the manager has bent over backwards to make it right. There food is always consistently good and always plenty of it. I can always count on a great experience here.

Visited June 2011
Salt Lake City
“Hit or miss..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

My wife and I periodically hit this place up. I always get the rib tips when we eat here. Sometimes, they meat is tender and juicy, other times it's overcooked and tough. You never know what you are gonna get. I do have to say that the beer sucks at this place. It's never very cold and it's ALWAYS flat. If you do order a beer, stick with a bottle and avoid the draft.

Will I go back? Most likely...It's good, but not great.

• Visited February 2011