“Clean, convenient,friendly front reception staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale

Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7134 South 700 East, Midvale, UT 84047 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Williamsville, New York
“Clean, convenient,friendly front reception staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here on my first night in Sandy Utah for convenience sake. I was pleasantly pleased with the cleanliness of the Hotel. The front office staff was very engaging and seemed genuinely in tune with making my stay comfortable. Their breakfast offering was not the typical continental. They had coffee, pancakes, eggs, breakfast sausage-bacon, muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee, juices, milk, Danish and cinnamon rolls. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. The dining area was spacious and clean with attendants at the ready if anything needed replenishing. I was so pleased with everything I returned here for 2 nights (family lives close by) at the end of my trip out west before returning back east.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor - there are 3 floors. I had a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TiffaniPino, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review.
I am happy the complimentary hot breakfast exceeded your expectations.
Our staff is excited to hear that we accommodated all of your needs.
We all look forward to your next visit in Salt Lake City . At our Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake city- South Midvale.
Tiffani Pino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here one night in early July on our way to Arizona. Was pleasantly surprised to find the rooms were all suites. Very comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent with an especially helpful attendant named Julie. Many restaurants in the area and only a 3 minute drive back to I15.

Room Tip: Try the Longhorn Steakhouse nearby for an excellent meal.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Terry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear AZDavePhoenix,

Thank You Very Much for voicing your "Pleasant Surprise" about our very comfortable property at Holiday Inn Express Salt lake City South-Midvale! Julie is very pleased to know you appreciated her! Please come and see us again!
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Only a mile off of I-15, this hotel is just right for the traveler. There are reasonable restaurants within walking distance. The room is clean and has a refrigerator - great for keeping our food for the drive. Breakfast is included in the room charge. The lovely woman who made breakfast was very attentive. She even gave us a bag of goodies for the trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TiffaniPino, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear yakhed fom Palo Alto, Ca,
Thank you very much for your kind review of our Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City-South Midvale Utah. I am so happy that your experience was a memorable one at our Hotel. I am glad you found a good variety of great restaurants close to us, and I am sure Julie "Breakfast Lady" Will be pleased that you mentioned her and that her efforts to provide you with amazing customer service meets the standard you are used to from Holiday Inn Express.
We look forward to your next visit in SLC.
Travel Safely,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here for a night to get in a last day of skiing in Utah on my way back to the airport from Jackson. The rooms were huge and it was a great value, but I definitely don't think it's anything above an average hotel. Clean, cheap, large, and does what it's supposed to (be a place to sleep close to Cottonwood Canyon), but by no means luxurious. Breakfast was pretty boring (basically only carbs), though it was free.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear whizcuz from New York City,NY,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
It is through our guest's feedback that we continue to learn how we
can continue to provide the quality experience that you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. We just launched our new breakfast that has many more healthy choices.
Please contact me personally if there is anything I can do to guarantee that your next stay is a memorable one.
801-325-8100
tiffani@hiexpressslc.com
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I've stayed here 4 times now and have enjoyed each stay. The rooms are very up-to-date and clean. Many places to eat close by and easy to get to off the freeway. Definitely will continue to be my midway stop when I go to Las Vegas.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Matt C
Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City- South Midvale
We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with great rooms and great service
on your Way To Las Vegas. We all look forward to Seeing you next time around.
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are loyal Holiday Inn Express customers and this property did not disappoint! It SEEMS very new. We loved the doorbell type "Do not disturb" lights! Our room was very clean and well appointed. The staff was very courteous. When we were checking in the phone was also ringing and the clerk ignored the ring to attend to us "in person" customers. We were very impressed. Breakfast was well stocked, with plenty of seating. The breakfast staff was also very courteous. There are several chain restaurants within walking distance. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TiffaniPino, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear 29kindergartencuties,
What a great 5 star review of our Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake - South Midvale. I know our front desk staff will be thrilled when I share this review. Each member takes pride and ownership in making sure each guest has a memorable experience while staying with us. Julie our Breakfast Hostess will also appreciate your kind acknowledgments. We look forward to your next visit to our Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake - South Midvale.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I travel through the Salt Lake City metropolis heading south from Canada on hiking holidays, and it is always a struggle finding the right location for a stopover. The new Holiday Inn Express in Midvale is over a mile off the freeway, but in a marvelous location for dining. There are numerous good restaurants within a block, in a nice suburban city, and this time we discovered the Lone Star Steak House, the best yet. From the Union Boulevard, you enter the freeway on an interchange giving you a choice of the I-15 or the bypass I-215 (the easiest way to cross the inner city). I have stayed at other easy-on, easy-off locations such as Orem, but found there is no licensed dining available within walking distance in such industrial locations. Luckily, this time I decided to return to Midvale, where we stayed a week four years ago, and found the new HIE, renovated in the former Comfort Inn building. The building is very attractive inside and out, and the rooms bright and well furnished. They are suites, with a nice lounge area. This prime location is definitely worth the short detour off the Interstate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HieFrontdeskgal, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Hikermeister,
I want to thank you for the Amazing 5 Star review of the Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake-South Midvale. Our Staff feel the same way you do about our convenient location , The restaurant options are plentiful, and I thank you for the compliments about how attractive our hotel is. All feedback is good and the fact you took the time to review us is wonderful. We look forward to your next stay at our Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake-South Midvale.
Tiffani Pino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Staybridge Suites Midvale
Homewood Suites by Hilton Midvale
Midvale Inn
Midvale Inn
#5 of 12 in Midvale
4.0 of 5 stars 162 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#35 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 stars 394 reviews
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale? Share your experiences!