“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale

You added Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7134 South 700 East, Midvale, UT 84047 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Midvale, Utah
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

The work I do, I live from hotel to hotel. I have been staying here at the Holiday Inn Express in Midale UT since January over 2 months. Denise, Rick, LeAnn and Vee have been wonderful. They have treated me like family. If very seldom you go to a hotel and feel like you are at home. These guys have treated me great. The hotel atmosphere is very pleasent and very clean. I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone coming into town. I am checking out this week and wanted these guys know how much I appreciate them. And Rick, thanks for keeping my coffee cup full. Thanks again, Robert Baker- Arkansas

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Denise M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Robert,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit with us. It was a great pleasure having you stay and we appreciate that you felt welcomed and at home. We value our guests and thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to not only provide clean and comfortable accommodations; but to guarantee that their every need is met. We look forward to your next visit and "we will keep the coffee hot for you"

Until next time
Regards
Denise McConkay/Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed at this location for the easy access for skiing and using some Priority Club points. My status (Platinum) was recongnized without having to prompt for it. The room was excellent, with mini fridge, comfortable bed and a full size couch. Modern touches like electronic "Do Not Disburb" and "Service" buttons, flat screen tv and decent wireless speeds were all appreciated. We were also treated to complimentary snacks and water for recongnition of our loyalty to the brand.

The hottub felt great after a day skiing, and when we told the front desk our dinner plans she gave us coupons for the same place we planned on going to, the extra effort is a huge plus.

Breakfast was the standard Express selection, but everything was clean and well stocked.

We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denise M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
We are so pleased that you found your accomidations and service with us pleasant and perfect for all your vacation needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience by writing a review regarding your stay. It was a pleasure being of service to you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City, Midvale and local ski areas.

Regards,
Denise McConkay
Sales Manger
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I chose this place due to its ease of access to the mountains, its newness, and the fact that I get some Intercontinental Hotels Group reward points for it.
I had read that the place was pretty new and well-kept, and it didn't disappoint. Stylish modern decor, very clean, and nothing seemed worn. It's small and wasn't very crowded when we went. Easy checkin, they had our registration pre-packed so we zipped right in. Friendly welcome, good directions. Room overachieved for the cachet of the hotel. We got an executive Q/Q, which was quite large. All the usual stuff, but a bit deeper, with a sofa (bed I think) and a coffee table and added floor space. Flat-panel TV could be seen from both sitting and sleeping areas. Plenty of desk/counter space and power outlets. Free Wi-Fi worked well. Could have done with a few more channels, and it seemed like they were pulling stuff from different time zones (though this simply could have been my inability to read a TV guide). Bathroom was nice, good water pressure/temerature. Good products and the towels were adequate. Beds were very comfortable with choice of firmness in pillows. We had some cookies and bottled water waiting for us as part of our membership. It also granted us a 2 pm checkout. Overall, the room quality was closer to that of an upper-tier 3-star/low 4 than a business-budget spot.
Public space was held to a similar standard. The breakfast area was nice, as was the food available there as part of the room rate. Pool area was great as well. There were a range of other amenities, but I won't bother to list them here as they're all readily available on the website.
Target, Walmart, chain restaurants all a short drive down the road. Golden Corral buffet right across the parking lot, and the Bohemian Brewery and restaurant nearby is worth the stop. 30-ish minutes to Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, and Solitude. The first two can be pretty brutal, so if you're unseasoned or out of practice, the latter 2 might be more your pace. I enjoyed all four this time around. About 20 minutes to downtown SLC, where we got discounted tickets and some gear at Canyon Sports. Also strolled around a bit on our last day to take in the sights of the cool little city.
For 2 young guys on an already costly ski trip, I'm not sure it was worth the money ($125ish a night for us). I don't mind spending big on lodging, but usually when I want an unforgettable experience at the hotel itself. Likewise, I don't mind going super-budget when the story is in what's around me. This area in between budget and luxury doesn't particularly suit my needs at this point. That being said, this property offers all the comforts of a full-service hotel, minus some of the services and dollars spent.
There are certainly cheaper options nearby, but they come at a risk. There is no risk here, and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: 325, An executive double queen, was clean and quiet, on the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Denise M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent visit to Salt Lake City, Midvale and local ski areas. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are pleased that you found your accommodations at our hotel and the surrounding areas to be satisfactory.
Regards,
Denise McConkay
Sales Manger/Holiday Inn Express- Midvale
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We found a pot of gold in Midvale, Utah. This was our first trip to Salt Lake City as we were spending our time to go snowboarding. We were going to see what all the hype was about. The snow hype was legit, and we knew that going in but to make the experience a 5 star experience was that we were able to come back to an awesome hotel to rest after many hours in the mountains. I'm going to lay out a few things below so that you will stay here for YOUR visit to Salt Lake City area.
**Location**
This hotel is located in one of the suburbs of Salt Lake City. It is about a 20 minute drive from downtown Salt Lake City. So this hotel is located right off of Fort Union drive and is convenient to just about everything you can think of. They have a Super Target that's about a 6 minute drive and that is located in a mini shopping center. As far as eateries there is a Chipotle, Buca di Beppo, Pho 33 (located in nearby Sandy which is about a 10 minute drive), Chili's, and a Bohemian Brewery. You get the point, for most of your needs there are places that are 4 minutes away. If you feel the need that you have to be in SLC then by all means stay there but just know that you're getting the exact same thing but for a better price (so I think).

**Proximity to Ski/Ride Location**
CAN'T get any better than this for the price. We were no further than 32 minutes away from all of the world class resorts from Deer Valley, to Snowbird, to Brighton. Granted if you go to Powder Mountain (Pow Mow) that's a 90 minute drive but that's no big deal. We were so happy we chose this location

**Rooms**

We must've been the first people to stay in that room. This hotel is two years old but its brand spankin' new!! We walked in to a spacious King room with one area for sleeping and another for the so called living area which was great since we had all of our snowboarding gear. I love the smell of new. The bathroom was of good size and one thing that we absolutely LOVED was the fact that we had a refrigerator AND microwave. That helps out so much when you're going back and forth to the mountain and need a place to put your snacks instead of keeping them in your car. It also helps if you decide to go to Buca di Beppo and get a HUGE dinner and you know you can have leftovers and heat it up! There were two of us but it felt like we had more than enough space. The beds were mighty comfortable for us because as we said we were snowboarding all DAY LONG! All it took was the hot tub and a hot shower and we were out!

*Amenities*
Amenities for this Holiday Inn Express were pretty good. I enjoyed the pool and hottub a lot but more so because we FREQUENTLY had the place to ourselves. Not that I hate kids, but I do like it when they aren't splashing all over the place and whining -- so yes, I liked it a lot!!!! Peace, Quiet, and Relaxing ---> PERFECT. Complementary Breakfast was served every morning and we ate it EVERY Morning as we need to the nutrients. They have the regular bagels, cereal, eggs, bacon ( on occasion). Its all you really need. There are two computers if you need to print something such as boarding passes or directions. You can't print huge manuscripts but they'll give you the first 10 pages for free.

**STAFF**
Hmm, what to say about the staff---> AMAZING. We were new to Utah and they answered all of our questions and were very helpful. They knew that we were going snowboarding everyday and meant that we needed more towels and they never rolled their eyes or got agitated, they just handed them over. They were always helpful for all of our mountain questions (not that we had a lot) but they really were excited and proud of their state.

**Overall**

I'd give the place 6 stars if I could just because having a great time for your first visit makes everything so great. When I come again I will stay here (and I'm Platinum at both Marriott and Sheraton) so that should tell you something right? Stoked for next season and I'm already sending out inquiries for next season. Such a great stay and a great hotel.

***If you Ski/Snowboard and want more info --feel free to send me a msg***

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty awesome!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Denise M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property and customer service. It was a pleasure being of service to you and look forward to you next visit.
Regards, Denise McConkay
Flower Mound, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

I've stayed here dozens in times, and never had a bad experience. The service is truly excellent - you will not find a friendlier, more down-to-earth, ready-to-help staff anywhere. The rooms are well-equipped and always immaculate. The location is within a few blocks of at least a dozen eateries and within a few minutes of all your national retail chains, making it an extremely convenient home-away-from-home. Plus there is a good hot breakfast as well as packaged snacks available 24/7.

• Stayed September 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Very pleasant experience - clean hotel, quiet, convenient, everything brand new, very affordable, friendly staff.
You will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We recently had a group of 4 skiers stay at the Comfort Suites in Midvale. This is a new Comfort Suites and it shows. Everything sparkles, from the rooms to the pool to the breakfast area. The room is a nice sized suite, with comfy beds and tons of nice, soft pillows. There was also a pullout sofa that we didn't need but was a nice touch. There was in room coffee and tea, microwave, fridge, hairdryer, toiletries. I think the only thing they missed, that I always use, is the pullout clothesline over the tub.
We really appreciated the free breakfast before we hit the slopes every day. It included make your own waffles, hardboiled eggs (very rubbery tho), cereal, numerous bagels, cream cheese. There was always a hot entree as well that included either bacon or sausage and those "prefab" eggs. I would say they were the only negative of the entire trip. Regardless, it was so nice to have a mostly decent breakfast before heading out each day.
And special mention to all the wonderful people behind the front desk there. It's very rare to hear a young girl say "I love my job and I'll be here whenever you come back. I'll be here forever I love it that much!" I can't remember her name but she was there in the early mornings and was extremely helpful and upbeat. When our flight home was cancelled she made sure we were able to stay on, without worries. Kudos to her for being so caring.
We loved skiing Snowbird and Alta (just 20-30 mins away up the canyon road) and will definitely make this our home when we come back again. It's a really great area, quiet yet to close to tons of restaurants and shopping. We liked it so much we're recommending it to our ski club next year for our annual trip!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale? Share your experiences!