“Poor reviews confirmed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
Massapequa Park, New York
“Poor reviews confirmed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed one night. Room had very hard bed with stained fitted sheet and broken electrical socket. Worst of all, bathroom had yellow and brown stains all over the walls and door. Probably the worst room I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I hope you give us another chance to impress you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Midvale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room was filthy and not well maintained. I asked to be moved to a different room and the other room was just as bad. It was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I'm not sure where other reviews stayed, but this hotel is crap plain and simple. Not worth the $ paid. Front desk check-in was slow, clearly the man didn't enjoy his job because his words were short and sarcastic, informed us they offer no amenities right up front so don't bother asking, seriously... then walked into our room it was sparse, old, and cheap decor; but had new carpet. View was of a block wall with bright light shinning down between it and our room window. It had a fridge, microwave, yet the bathroom had only one towel. Really! No phone in the room so we had to go to the front desk and before I spoke a word he had 3 towels setting on the counter, smiled and walked away without saying a word. He already knew our room wasn't prepped properly, my mom said they probably did it to see if we sneaked another guest into the room. Trust me, after staying one night in this hotel I can't see anyone wanting to sneak in, it is a dump and it is clearly NOT up to Days Inn standards. Bathroom toilet leaked, blood snot smear on the wall near the toilet paper holder, shower stained and yellowed, bathroom floor was not clean it had dust in the corner and hair, bathroom door has never been clean, dirt is piled on trim along with dirty finger prints and filth... Again, I'm not sure where other reviews stayed or have experienced with other Days Inns, but this specific Days Inn is a dump and the room was nasty, front desk person was not friendly and the lobby was unclean as well so why are people giving it anything but a 1 rating, it does NOT deserve anything higher than that.. Seriously if your hotel room is not clean don't give the hotel a good rating, you are giving fellow travelers false hope and reviews. I tell it like it is and if a hotel sucks, I tell you about what sucked and don't sugar coat.

Room Tip: Stay anyplace else but here!!!! I would NEVER recommend a room in this specific hotel to anyone as o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
It pains me to read you did not enjoy your stay here. As the General Manager I personally apologize.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The room was clean and the bed comfortable enough, although rubbish pillows. The main problem were all the other patrons in rooms either side and above ours... talking, shouting and arguing most of the night. Young kids screaming at midnight and stomping around all hours. We were there with our kids and were really quite scared for our safety and that of our car which contained all our possessions. We seriously thought about bundling the kids in the car at midnight and heading to a Hyatt or somewhere nice, regardless of cost. We thought about phoning the front desk but were scared it would make it worse as it would be so obvious that we had complained... we were worried it would provoke them to target us! Anyway, we put up with it and eventually slept okay. We also had a random cab driver knock on our door at 11pm and he was cross that we hadn't ordered a cab... All in all it was a miserable experience and completely different to our previous Days Inn experiences which have all been really good! We did tell the chap on the desk in the morning and although apologetic he seemed like he knew full well and there was little he could do.

Room Tip: Choose a room in an entirely different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear the noise from other guest caused such fear. Our guests are just normal people like you.

Been to Days Inn Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!