“Nothing special but cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Salt Lake City South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7251 S 300 W, I-15, Midvale, UT 84047   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
Evanston, Wyoming, United States
“Nothing special but cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This Day's Inn was a little run down, but we needed a low cost hotel at the last minute because of adverse driving conditions while in Utah on the way back to Wyoming. I got a pretty good deal through Hotwire. The beds were extremely hard, though they did have a thin blanket + comforter for options, which is always nice for me because I sleep warm. It looked as though the maid had never cleaned the bathroom with the door closed. The back side of the bathroom was not clean. Everything in the room was dated, and it had that old hotel room smell. The smell was especially bad outside the room near the vending machines. But all in all, the room was okay considering the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your review, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. Have a great New Year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dillon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The desk manager was nice and efficient for both morning and late night. The room was so unclean I used hand sanitizer on my feet. The bedding and linens did look and smell clean but everything else, esp. floors were just gross. We did not eat breakfast due to the uncleanliness of the room. We would have asked for a refund and stayed elsewhere but it was already 1:30 a.m. when we checked in and our pet was at a nearby clinic very ill.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am sorry to hear about your pet, as an animal lover myself I can understand the importance of a clean and comfortable hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please know sense you last stayed here we have renovated our breakfast room and I am sure you would have a much better experience next time around.
Doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The days inn in Midvale is ideally situated to do your touring around Utah. Close to I15 and Trax station, excellent shopping just down the road and lots of eating places close by. The hotel was OK for a budget priced place, room was large and everything worked ok. The room was cleaned on every day of our 10 day vacation and we had no complaints. If you like waffles, toast, cereal, juice and fruit then you will like breakfast. All in all I would say good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it very much. Have a great day I hope to have you as a guest again real soon.
Ma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I booked this hotel as part of an online package. The pics shown on that site were NOT the same as what you get upon checking in. The hotel is in need of an overhaul. Carpets are worn through, bathroom floor is yellow from age, musty smell in the room, the internet kicks you off every 6-10 minutes or if you have too many tabs open and use bandwidth - I could go on and on.

I put a mark on the corner of the bottom sheet with a pen to see if they were changing the sheets. Nope! a few days they forgot to leave towels, coffee packs for the in room coffee maker, the TV only gets about 6 channels. If it wasn't such a hassle to get my money back, I would have moved to another hotel. I was traveling on work and stayed here for a few days.

This Days Inn gives the chain a bad name, as ive stayed at a lot of the others. this location needs to have someone from corporate visit and review the site.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to read your review. If you're a guest staying over we only change sheets upon request because we're environmentally concerned. We offer a 24 channel TV package provide by DirecTV, we recently invested $150k installing new carpet in needed areas as well as renovating our breakfast room. Twice a year we are inspected by the franchise and we both always look for improvement. I appreciate your feedback and hope to accommodate you again in the real near future so you can experience some of the upgrades for yourself.
Wuhan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Outside the city but easy to get into the city because of the light train station on walking distance. From there it is really easy to go into the mountains, East of Salt Lake City, or to go to the Great Salt Lake. Some resaurants are also on walking distance, like Mexican or Chinese. Shopping malls are just a few miles to the South. The swimming pool is OK. Breakfast better than average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Isn't it refreshing to find a place you really enjoy? Thank you for your kind words. Please come back soon.

Been to Days Inn Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!