“Avoid!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Avoid!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Okay, I will give the place points for:
1. Being colorful
Dingy and grey.
Towels were stained black.
Sheets and comforter were stained yellow.
Tub had mildew

Fridge was broke
TV was small and old
I couldn't get wi-fi

Get the picture?

I booked this dive nonline. The pictures and hotel description were deceiving.

Finally, I have a license to carry a concealed weapon. I kept my weapon on the nightstant. The place is creppy.

I feel the motel owner has failed the public by offering such a product. He or she needs to fix it or close it!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kearn, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Even tho we had a non-smoking room, it smelled of cigarettes all the time. Running the bathroom fan made it worse. Hordes of people standing right outside their rooms smoking away and those on the second floor sprinkling their ashes over the railing onto cars parked below.

Sign in the room says towels will be inventoried at end of stay and a charge added for missing towels. Who would want them - tiny, rough, stained, smelly.

Mildew in the shower and around the toilet.

Staff was friendly and helpful and has a nice pool.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Temecula
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We just needed a basic place to sleep during long road trip, and this was suitable. Used a highway magazine coupon and got a double for $50, which was cheaper than all the others in the area. A/C was very noisy, but other than that, room was decent, with all the amenities. However, the towels were the worst I've ever seen in a motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for 1 night on route between Jackson and Kanab. We picked this up after the Days Inn wouldnt honour their coupon. This hotel was reasonable price and had a pool. The room was big and the bed was comfortable. All the amenities were good (fridge micro etc). The best thing about the hotel was the staff. At first i thought they were a bit off hand but they really did try hard. We had brought a phone charger from the UK but it didnt work in the US so we asked the lady on reception if she had one. She brought two to our room to see if they were any good. She also wrote down the names of pubs/restaurants and was very helpful with local travel. Also, she got us pool towels really quickly and was generally really helpful.

In addition, the breakfast was great. I saw no evidence of any unusual people or activity.

Overall a really nice short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorset, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Although I had prepaid for the room on-line with hotels.com, the front staff insisted that the hotel did not accept any prepayments. After going to our room I was able to locate my receipt to take it to reception. The "non-smoking" room were were allocated stunk of cigarette smoke, so I had something else to complain about. At reception the staff had changed over. The new lady gave us a different room with no problem but said that I would have to see the original person who booked us in to remove our new card payment. This would be at breakfast next day. Inconvenient, but this duly happened alright, with apologies.
The room was clean and comfortable. However the outside area was dirty, with rubbish around the many stairways (we had to negotiate four sets with baggage because of our room change on arrival). The place would benefit greatly by a coat of paint on the outside walls, which were discoloured and uninviting. The lobby area is a non-carpeted large space and has a very cold feel. There were several individuals lounging around outside; it was the only place on our trip where I did not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SLC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Staying here so I'm close to work, waiting for my home to be finished. They are in the middle of remodeling, and I have really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Midvale, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was the second motel we was in due to the apartment fire.. I felt discovery inn was ok The only problem i had was they quoted a price then changed it 3 to four times while we was there. Along with there was no ice and they was not real friendly some of the employees. Other than that it was ok. So our stay at Discovery Inn was good. We had to move because of the prices changing all the time ( it was going up not down) so we moved over to motel 6 in midvale.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!