“Not Great, but Cheaper than Others” 3 of 5 stars

Discovery Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   380 W 7200 S, Midvale, UT 84047   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
Temecula
“Not Great, but Cheaper than Others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We just needed a basic place to sleep during long road trip, and this was suitable. Used a highway magazine coupon and got a double for $50, which was cheaper than all the others in the area. A/C was very noisy, but other than that, room was decent, with all the amenities. However, the towels were the worst I've ever seen in a motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for 1 night on route between Jackson and Kanab. We picked this up after the Days Inn wouldnt honour their coupon. This hotel was reasonable price and had a pool. The room was big and the bed was comfortable. All the amenities were good (fridge micro etc). The best thing about the hotel was the staff. At first i thought they were a bit off hand but they really did try hard. We had brought a phone charger from the UK but it didnt work in the US so we asked the lady on reception if she had one. She brought two to our room to see if they were any good. She also wrote down the names of pubs/restaurants and was very helpful with local travel. Also, she got us pool towels really quickly and was generally really helpful.

In addition, the breakfast was great. I saw no evidence of any unusual people or activity.

Overall a really nice short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorset, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Although I had prepaid for the room on-line with hotels.com, the front staff insisted that the hotel did not accept any prepayments. After going to our room I was able to locate my receipt to take it to reception. The "non-smoking" room were were allocated stunk of cigarette smoke, so I had something else to complain about. At reception the staff had changed over. The new lady gave us a different room with no problem but said that I would have to see the original person who booked us in to remove our new card payment. This would be at breakfast next day. Inconvenient, but this duly happened alright, with apologies.
The room was clean and comfortable. However the outside area was dirty, with rubbish around the many stairways (we had to negotiate four sets with baggage because of our room change on arrival). The place would benefit greatly by a coat of paint on the outside walls, which were discoloured and uninviting. The lobby area is a non-carpeted large space and has a very cold feel. There were several individuals lounging around outside; it was the only place on our trip where I did not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SLC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Staying here so I'm close to work, waiting for my home to be finished. They are in the middle of remodeling, and I have really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Midvale, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was the second motel we was in due to the apartment fire.. I felt discovery inn was ok The only problem i had was they quoted a price then changed it 3 to four times while we was there. Along with there was no ice and they was not real friendly some of the employees. Other than that it was ok. So our stay at Discovery Inn was good. We had to move because of the prices changing all the time ( it was going up not down) so we moved over to motel 6 in midvale.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
salt lake city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

We stayed in the 'bridal suite' for our anniversary. The room was very large, with the bit jetted tub, and a nice king sized bed. It was a great place to spend our anniversary, overall. The staff was very friendly and quickly brought us more towels when we called to ask for them. It was great for an in town getaway.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I normally travel on business, and in the past I have enjoyed your motel. However, this last trip was with my wife and two young children. Upon check in, the clerk Stacey was irritable and acted as if I were ruining her night by entering the lobby. I know people have bad days so I let it slide. Then the next morning I went to breakfast and had to use the restroom in the lobby as my wife was in our bathroom and she takes forever. The desk was unattended so I walked back toward the restroom and saw an older man groping and all over a young short blonde girl. Clearing my throat did not interrupt them so I went on in to the restroom. This disturbed me as I would not want my children or wife to witness this in public. I left breakfast and returned to my room where I inquired from the maid where the manager could be located. She pointed to a lady smoking by the side door with a couple other people. She was acting foolish and unprofessionally so I chose not to approach her. I found another room downtown and moved my family there and am happy to report they were extremely professional and glad for my business. No improper behavior took place my entire stay at this other motel. This economy should ensure a motel keeps their customers happy or they will go out of business.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!