“BEST PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park

You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
Aurora, Colorado
“BEST PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I couldn't believe how nice this hotel was. I've been staying at an Extended Stay America in Aurora Colorado and couldn't believe the difference. Whenever I go to visit in Utah I will definitely stay at the Extended Stay America in Midvale.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and didn't have any problem with noise. It was quite convenient to ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Kathrine - Thank you for your great review about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our location to meet and exceed your needs! The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oakland, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

toilets overflowing, cancelled and sold our reservations without notifying us, room air conditioner tripped circuit breakers and would not fix during stay, microwave tripped circuit brakers when not in use, entire motel looked dirty, free breakfast was provided for about ten guests when propterty was full, made me pick up the soiled linens from toilet overflow, and would not mop the floor for 24 hours. horrible. I cannot recommend to anyone....not even for free to the homeless.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed in this place many times, while relocating. During this last stay, the room was clean and quiet. The grounds are well-kept, and except for the usual display of outside smokers, the external appearance of the building rates a ten.
So, as with most things that are close to being great, it is very frustrating to have the following problems. First, and worst: despite having the "do not disturb" sign on my door, I was awakened by very loud knocking, about one half hour before check-out. I work two jobs, and every minute of sleep is precious. Seriously: what part of DO NOT DISTURB can you NOT UNDERSTAND???? This seems to be a trend at many places where I've stayed lately. Why can't housekeeping check with the front desk to see if a guest has checked out??? This rudeness and laziness is INEXCUSABLE, especially if it happens BEFORE the posted check-out time. I am SICK OF THIS!!!!
Also, the kitchen is very poorly equipped. Really, would it be that hard to provide a few basics like paper towels, dish detergent, and some spice packets???

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Tom - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the room being clean and quiet for you. As well, it is great to know that your found the grounds were well kept. Please accept our apologies that you were woken up by staff checking rooms around check-out time as this did disturb your sleep schedule. We do still have to physically check the rooms for our guests that are departing for that day as not everyone checks out at the front desk, but we will take into consideration that other guests might still be sleeping and try not to disturb them. Also, in regards to dish detergent and spice packets, we do have these items at the front desk. I apologize that you did not know this. We also have hair dryers, sewing kits, tooth brushes, toothpaste, razors and shaving cream at the front desk.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you have a problem at this hotel they will not be on your side, it is like they are against you and wont help you at all.

If you go to this hotel, definitely you are on your on. Do not count on Hotel Management to solve your problems.

Room Tip: choose another Place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you felt that our Manager did not attend to your needs properly during your stay. In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that our guests feel like we are helping them as much as possible and resolving any issues that they are having. I want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us, and I am sorry that you did not.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at slu@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't get how anyone can say this is the worst hotel ever. I haven't found one negative thing to say about this hotel after a week. The service is professional, and our room was spacious and clean. Yes, sometimes the halls smell, but people actually cook here, it's an extended stay for goodness sake. The kitchen and freedom to cook and take care of yourself is one of the best parts of an extended stay hotel for me. I think people stay here expecting chocolates on their pillows, fluffy towels, and maid service every day. This is meant for long term stays, and I think there is some assumption that you are a grown up and can do a few things for yourself. Everything you need is provided. This hotel is in a beautiful, safe, close to everything location. Plenty of green area for walking the dog. I saw a review saying something about cops being around the hotel, and we did see 2 motorcycle cops, but it was very obvious they were using the parking lot to catch speeding cars coming down the hill. This is not a creepy area at all. Great monthly value even with the pet fee. Our bed is firm but not uncomfortable. It is very quiet in our room. The people staying around us are polite. I really don't get why this place doesn't have a higher rating, and I'm really thankful I didn't pay much attention to the negative reviews. As far as extended stays go, this is an excellent place to stay in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the professional service you received from our staff. As well, I am so pleased to hear that you felt that our hotel is in a beautiful, safe and convenient area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel you could imagine. It smells. It is filthy. The only thing it is good for is to keep you from eating. I lose my appetite just thinking about it. The Hyatt house was essentially the same price and yet it was wonderful. Go there.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we are conducting an extensive Spring Cleaning and will keep up with cleanliness going forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at slu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
flywheeler1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the 2nd time I'm staying here for a week of skiing.
Location is awesome 4 resorts within 20 minutes and 6 more within an hour.
Food & shopping around the corner.
It is not the Plaza but rooms are specious with nice kitchenettes.
The stuff is great. Public areas can use some touchups.
I'm back next year so leave some vacancies in March

Room Tip: 2nd floor and up
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our spacious rooms met your needs during your skiing trip to Salt Lake City. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park? Share your experiences!