“A great extended stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Midvale
Boca Raton, Florida
“A great extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't get how anyone can say this is the worst hotel ever. I haven't found one negative thing to say about this hotel after a week. The service is professional, and our room was spacious and clean. Yes, sometimes the halls smell, but people actually cook here, it's an extended stay for goodness sake. The kitchen and freedom to cook and take care of yourself is one of the best parts of an extended stay hotel for me. I think people stay here expecting chocolates on their pillows, fluffy towels, and maid service every day. This is meant for long term stays, and I think there is some assumption that you are a grown up and can do a few things for yourself. Everything you need is provided. This hotel is in a beautiful, safe, close to everything location. Plenty of green area for walking the dog. I saw a review saying something about cops being around the hotel, and we did see 2 motorcycle cops, but it was very obvious they were using the parking lot to catch speeding cars coming down the hill. This is not a creepy area at all. Great monthly value even with the pet fee. Our bed is firm but not uncomfortable. It is very quiet in our room. The people staying around us are polite. I really don't get why this place doesn't have a higher rating, and I'm really thankful I didn't pay much attention to the negative reviews. As far as extended stays go, this is an excellent place to stay in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the professional service you received from our staff. As well, I am so pleased to hear that you felt that our hotel is in a beautiful, safe and convenient area.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel you could imagine. It smells. It is filthy. The only thing it is good for is to keep you from eating. I lose my appetite just thinking about it. The Hyatt house was essentially the same price and yet it was wonderful. Go there.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we are conducting an extensive Spring Cleaning and will keep up with cleanliness going forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at slu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
flywheeler1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the 2nd time I'm staying here for a week of skiing.
Location is awesome 4 resorts within 20 minutes and 6 more within an hour.
Food & shopping around the corner.
It is not the Plaza but rooms are specious with nice kitchenettes.
The stuff is great. Public areas can use some touchups.
I'm back next year so leave some vacancies in March

Room Tip: 2nd floor and up
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our spacious rooms met your needs during your skiing trip to Salt Lake City. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location with easy access to freeway. Movies, dining and shopping all very close. Did offer a grab and go breakfast. Basically coffee, tea, cocoa with fruit, muffins or granola bars. Nothing big but more than I expected.
Other than that I didn't like the stay. The bed was so very uncomfortable. Only 2 very thin blankets were provided so i had to turn the heat up high which in turn dried my skin out. Towels are like sandpaper. Very limited TV channels. Free wifi but its not able to handle the number of people in the hotel. Good thing I have a good data plan with my cell company.
Having a kitchenette was nice but there are other hotels not far that aren't that much more in cost that are 100 times better. I wouldn't stay here again unless I couldn't afford anything slightly better.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was less than pleasant. I appreciate you bringing your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continue to work on our services. I hope that you will contact me directly, at eleal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss your stay further with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a great stay. The price was perfect and the rooms are large. The staff is better than anywhere I've stayed. The rooms have a kitchenette and a full size refrigerator. Just like home. And they have flat screen TVs. Onsite laundry facilities and a vending area as well as an on the go breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Salt Lake Cuty, Utah. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us and your accomodations were to your satisfaction. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back .
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel previously and had no problems. But this time, there was dried blood on the bathroom walls and what looked like throw-up down the side of the bathtub. The room was nice overall, kitchenette great. Accommodations decent. Location was fantastic!! Across the road from great restaurants, movie theater, easy freeway access, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us in Salt Lake City, Utah. I sincerely apologize your room was not properly cleaned as expected. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention thus allow us the oportunity to continue to work on our standards. I aging truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay and we would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have stayed here since 2004 on my annual ski trip to Utah from Australia, normally stay 5 or more weeks. Facilities provided are adequate for a short stay but as I am there longer I provide some extra kitchen equipment such as an electric frypan and a better strainer and a chefs knife and decent cutting board. The internet connection is slow and needs a greater bandwidth. My last trip I was accomodated in a newly refurbished room which was an improvement as some rooms have been getting a little tired over the years. TV's are flat screen but the stations were not all to my taste but then again I do not have a fascination with basketball which the multiple ESPN's were showing constantly. Overall I feel comfortable here and will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that we were able to make you feel at home while away from home.. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park? Share your experiences!