“This is a smelly dirty old property.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7555 S. Union Park Ave., Midvale, UT 84047   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Midvale
“This is a smelly dirty old property.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel you could imagine. It smells. It is filthy. The only thing it is good for is to keep you from eating. I lose my appetite just thinking about it. The Hyatt house was essentially the same price and yet it was wonderful. Go there.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we are conducting an extensive Spring Cleaning and will keep up with cleanliness going forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at slu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
flywheeler1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the 2nd time I'm staying here for a week of skiing.
Location is awesome 4 resorts within 20 minutes and 6 more within an hour.
Food & shopping around the corner.
It is not the Plaza but rooms are specious with nice kitchenettes.
The stuff is great. Public areas can use some touchups.
I'm back next year so leave some vacancies in March

Room Tip: 2nd floor and up
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our spacious rooms met your needs during your skiing trip to Salt Lake City. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location with easy access to freeway. Movies, dining and shopping all very close. Did offer a grab and go breakfast. Basically coffee, tea, cocoa with fruit, muffins or granola bars. Nothing big but more than I expected.
Other than that I didn't like the stay. The bed was so very uncomfortable. Only 2 very thin blankets were provided so i had to turn the heat up high which in turn dried my skin out. Towels are like sandpaper. Very limited TV channels. Free wifi but its not able to handle the number of people in the hotel. Good thing I have a good data plan with my cell company.
Having a kitchenette was nice but there are other hotels not far that aren't that much more in cost that are 100 times better. I wouldn't stay here again unless I couldn't afford anything slightly better.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was less than pleasant. I appreciate you bringing your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continue to work on our services. I hope that you will contact me directly, at eleal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss your stay further with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a great stay. The price was perfect and the rooms are large. The staff is better than anywhere I've stayed. The rooms have a kitchenette and a full size refrigerator. Just like home. And they have flat screen TVs. Onsite laundry facilities and a vending area as well as an on the go breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Salt Lake Cuty, Utah. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us and your accomodations were to your satisfaction. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back .
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel previously and had no problems. But this time, there was dried blood on the bathroom walls and what looked like throw-up down the side of the bathtub. The room was nice overall, kitchenette great. Accommodations decent. Location was fantastic!! Across the road from great restaurants, movie theater, easy freeway access, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us in Salt Lake City, Utah. I sincerely apologize your room was not properly cleaned as expected. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention thus allow us the oportunity to continue to work on our standards. I aging truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay and we would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have stayed here since 2004 on my annual ski trip to Utah from Australia, normally stay 5 or more weeks. Facilities provided are adequate for a short stay but as I am there longer I provide some extra kitchen equipment such as an electric frypan and a better strainer and a chefs knife and decent cutting board. The internet connection is slow and needs a greater bandwidth. My last trip I was accomodated in a newly refurbished room which was an improvement as some rooms have been getting a little tired over the years. TV's are flat screen but the stations were not all to my taste but then again I do not have a fascination with basketball which the multiple ESPN's were showing constantly. Overall I feel comfortable here and will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that we were able to make you feel at home while away from home.. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sitka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am travelling to SLC for a sportsman's expo. I decided to use Priceline name your own price, and got put in this motel for the upcoming weekend. Being new to Priceline, I accidentally put in the wrong first name. Priceline said they could not make a change to my request after it was finalized, but they would put in a request with the motel, chances being that they would say no. When I called the person at the front desk, he was very gracious, and understanding. He offered to change it, I hardly had to ask. I just wanted to say thank you for your awesome customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm glad that the staff here were able to accomodate your request and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park? Share your experiences!