“Just as good as a 300 dollar a night hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park

You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7555 S. Union Park Ave., Midvale, UT 84047   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Midvale
“Just as good as a 300 dollar a night hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a great stay. The price was perfect and the rooms are large. The staff is better than anywhere I've stayed. The rooms have a kitchenette and a full size refrigerator. Just like home. And they have flat screen TVs. Onsite laundry facilities and a vending area as well as an on the go breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Salt Lake Cuty, Utah. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us and your accomodations were to your satisfaction. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel previously and had no problems. But this time, there was dried blood on the bathroom walls and what looked like throw-up down the side of the bathtub. The room was nice overall, kitchenette great. Accommodations decent. Location was fantastic!! Across the road from great restaurants, movie theater, easy freeway access, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us in Salt Lake City, Utah. I sincerely apologize your room was not properly cleaned as expected. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention thus allow us the oportunity to continue to work on our standards. I aging truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay and we would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have stayed here since 2004 on my annual ski trip to Utah from Australia, normally stay 5 or more weeks. Facilities provided are adequate for a short stay but as I am there longer I provide some extra kitchen equipment such as an electric frypan and a better strainer and a chefs knife and decent cutting board. The internet connection is slow and needs a greater bandwidth. My last trip I was accomodated in a newly refurbished room which was an improvement as some rooms have been getting a little tired over the years. TV's are flat screen but the stations were not all to my taste but then again I do not have a fascination with basketball which the multiple ESPN's were showing constantly. Overall I feel comfortable here and will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that we were able to make you feel at home while away from home.. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sitka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am travelling to SLC for a sportsman's expo. I decided to use Priceline name your own price, and got put in this motel for the upcoming weekend. Being new to Priceline, I accidentally put in the wrong first name. Priceline said they could not make a change to my request after it was finalized, but they would put in a request with the motel, chances being that they would say no. When I called the person at the front desk, he was very gracious, and understanding. He offered to change it, I hardly had to ask. I just wanted to say thank you for your awesome customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm glad that the staff here were able to accomodate your request and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

excellent place to stay. This is not a resort hotel with fancy amenities such as 'conditioner' etc, but an Extended Stay home away from home so bringing a few of your favorite consumables or buying the odd item is no hardship. The towels were perfectly soft, the heating unit worked perfectly and I disagree with everything that lalasan wrote.
It is indeed a great place - terrific location for skiers, handy to most major slopes, handy for shopping and restaurants, Truly Great Value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Bring all of your own toiletries! They do not provide even the minimal expectations. "The towels are kinda scratchy!" is an understatement.
The heating unit worked but it was very dirty inside. It did not catch fire, but I was afraid tho sleep with it running. The pillows on the bed and the full sized refrigerator were the great features.

• Stayed February 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Union Park Location. I am sorry to hear that we did not inform you we offer toiletries at the Front Desk. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being re-educated on our services. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay, near restaurants, movie theater, entertainment, downtown SLC and ski resorts. within 30 minutes of most of the ski resorts which is very convenient. Nice part of town at a great value. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park? Share your experiences!