The rating of poor was given based on past experiences of staying at bed and breakfast establishments across the United States. This location was a very big disappointment for the following reasons:
1. Our top priority is a good night's sleep. This Inn offered an inferior quality mattress, thin pillows and old bedding.
2. There are no keys provided for the guest rooms. We ended up keeping our belongings with us in the car until we retired to our room for the night.
3. A really good bed and breakfast establishment works with their guests to make sure they have a good experience with the breakfast part of the stay. In the past, we've been given a choice of time to eat or offered a really good "breakfast in a bag" when we needed to leave early. Here we were told when breakfast would be served because the owner had something else to do that morning. It was much later than we could stay. So we missed out. The owner's offer to give us a discount on our stay was a sad compensation given that finding anything else to eat for breakfast on a Sunday morning in Manti is pretty much impossible. In the direction we were heading there wasn't really anything for miles other than a few gas stations.
4. Looking at the pictures on the Inn's website is very misleading. Things appear to be fresh and clean and they probably were 40 years ago. In person we found wallpaper peeling off in the guestroom, worn out carpet and frankly the whole place is old and run down.
- Also Known As:
- Yardley Inn And Spa Manti, Utah