“Great room, terrible pool experience” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Logan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Utah
“Great room, terrible pool experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The Hampton Inn has never disappointed us. This one was no exception. The room was wonderful, breakfast was great, the fresh baked cookies in the evening were a treat.
There was one major problem. My husband and I tried to relax by sitting in the indoor pool area while our kids swam. Not even 5 minutes after sitting down, my husband started having difficulty breathing. The smell of chlorine was extremely strong and burned our eyes. I went to the front desk to report the problem. We were told that the health department had come in and said they needed to put more chlorine in the pool and that since doing so, they had received several complaints about the smell and discomfort. The hotel staff did not even try to open any windows in the pool room nor vent the room in any way. Now, five days later, my husband has been admitted to the VA hospital for severe asthma made worse by the chlorine exposure. All I can say is be careful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
American Fork, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here with our family for a reunion. We were given an excellent price on double queen rooms (five of them). We were all on the same floor in pretty close proximity. We had little children with us, and I hope we didn't bother our neighbors; but we certainly appreciated how quiet it was in our rooms. We couldn't hear any noise from other rooms at all. The rooms were nicely appointed, but I was kind of disappointed in the "lumpy" duvets. The duvets are one of the things I really like about Hampton Inn, but these duvets were lumpy--maybe too many washings and time for a change-out? Not just one room, but all of the rooms. We liked the fresh-baked cookies upon our arrival. The children had a fun time in the pool. It was all quite nice. My only other complaint is that the breakfast area was so small that there was not enough seating room for all the guests who arrived to have breakfast around the same time. It may have just been a busy weekend; but I noticed upon arrival how small the breakfast eating area was. I wondered how crowded it would be in the morning, and I found out. We were able to find a seat, but there were many who did not. The breakfast was really quite good, but they just need to have more seats available.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was a great stay and the Hampton hotel line always is dependable for quality accomodations. I seek them out where ever I go. From New York to Logan Utah always a level of cleanliness and quality .

Room Tip: great views from the north side of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

We arrived on 9/24/10 for one night. Staff very pleasant and helpful (unlike the Hampton the night before in WY). Our room was painted dark blue and was small, small, small. It was almost claustrophobic. Bathroom counter space too small. There was a candy wrapper on the floor from the prior guest; it had blended in with the carpeting, but a vacuum cleaner would have picked it up. This was my 2nd night in a row on an uncomfortable Hampton mattress and their pillows are FLAT. There was a card on the bed stating we had our choice of firm or soft. HA! They were all 4 soft and flat. The nicest thing about this hotel was its employees. Next morning at b'fast, the employees in charge of the food and and young male manager on duty sang "Happy Birthday" to my husband! How nice was that. Great PR, huh? If this hotel had a different mattress, I would return, just ask for a bigger room. ALSO! It only has 3 floors and all of the 3rd floor EXCEPT Rm. 307 is Non-Smoking! Yes.......one room is non-smoking! (We are NS people!) yes, it was right across from our Room 306. Oh well. If you are a Hampton fan, you will like this place. I liked everything except the mattress. (Logan is a nice large town---everything you could possibly want is there!) We didn't want to go back out on Fri. nite in the busy traffic so we just walked across the parking lot to the Village Inn (it is a chain out west like Denny's or Cocos or Bakers Square, NOT the pizza place).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband and I stopped here on a road trip from Denver to Seattle after 8 hours of driving. We were very hungry and Neal at the front desk helped us out big time with finding a restaurant to eat at. We were told that Hamilton's up the street was a great place that would serve us free dessert for being guest at Hampton (which they did). Room was on the small side but no problem for just the hubby and I. Very clean, and lots of TV channels, almost too many! Beds were quite comfortable, lots of pillows and nice linens. The free Wi-Fi internet worked great as well.

Free breakfast was alright, nothing to write home about, a fruit cocktail, pre-made waffle batter and warm yogurt.

Logan itself didn't have much to do, lots of chain restaurants and a couple of old theatres. I would recommend the Cache National Forest which was beautiful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfax VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

It's what you expect from Hampton - clean, well-maintained, comfortable bed. A/C system was quieter than in most hotels, which I appreciated. Only complaint is that while the TV had about 100 channels, MSNBC was blocked as a premium channel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

The Hampton Inn Logan is in a great area that is close to a shopping mall and several restaurants. The staff was friendly, breakfast was good, and the hotel was clean. The hotel is close to the University with beautiful mountain views.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Logan? Share your experiences!