“Made us laugh!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Jordan, Utah
“Made us laugh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

So a friend surprised us by choosing our room for us--we walked into Joanie's diner and just started to laugh. It is such a funny, quaint room. It had a marvelous bathtub that I greatly enjoyed at 8 months pregnant. And it was fun to be able to pick up books and magazines to read to lighten the mood if needed. The room was huge and nicely accessible (I think it is one of their ADA rooms). We are looking forward to returning next month for our anniversary!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I were given a gift card for a free night's stay here. We weren't sure what to expect because we've never tried a themed hotel before. We had a fabulous time and the experience far exceeded our expectations. We stayed in Nephertiti's Court and the room was HUGE. It was much larger than I expected. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. The jacuzzi bathtub was amazing, the bed was large and comfortable, and the breakfast was great too. My wife is already making plans for us to go back and stay again. We took a tour of the other rooms before we left and were just so impressed by the quality and creativity. We will definitely be back and are looking forward to another wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms are definitely worth the money. They are much larger and SO nice. For the b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed one night in the Aphrodite's Court. The room was larger then what we were expecting. It was clean and beautiful. There were 2 pieces of cheese cake and a bottle of Sparkling Cider waiting for us. At check in you fill out a breakfast card and what time you want it delivered. You get to choose a main item (cinnamon roll, croissant and ham...etc), yogurt parfait (WARNING; the granola has almonds in it!) and 2 drinks per person. It was very filling.

I didn't rate it excellent because the pillows in our room were awful. The heater also made a clicking sound all night long. For the price of the room these are a few things they could have easily fixed.

Room Tip: They do tours every day from 1-3pm plan ahead and tour the rooms so you can select one you want. Als...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We just got back from a terrific stay here. The Anniversary Inn is far from tacky if you choose your room wisely. Go to their website and look at the Diamond rooms. They are heavenly. The designs are romantic, insightful, mature, and oh so fantastic!!! Some of the other rooms are quite tacky but if you stick to diamond level rooms you are in for a HUGE treat.

We stayed in Juliet's Balcony. I have stayed in many hotels all over the country and in Spain and France and I have to honestly say I have never stayed in such a romantic and relaxing room. It was like stepping back in time. I loved the old world charm. It is really a suite and when do you get to stay in a two story hotel room? The furnishings are great and the ambiance is encompassing. I did not want to leave.

The front desk was kind and professional. The suite was clean. Their is assigned parking. TONS of privacy as you have a separate entrance. There is a HUGE jetted tub. The bed is very comfortable. The room also has a large shower with rainfall shower head. It comes with a tasty breakfast, sparkling cider and cheesecake or cupcakes.

If you enjoy your stay buy a bounce back pass for a great price on a diamond suite!

If you have never been to an Anniversary Inn diamond suite and you have a sweetheart you truly are missing out!

Room Tip: They have many themes but stick to a diamond suite if you don't want tacky.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaysville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We booked two nights in Juliet's Balcony. I was a little worried that the hotel would be tacky , but I decided to give it a try. Boy, was I wrong! It was beautiful and very classy. We toured some if the other rooms and I wasn't quite as impressed, although I would consider trying some of them. But, back to Juliet's Balcony... The entrance was stunning, the bath area spacious and the balcony, bedroom, and bath beautiful. The bed was incredibly comfortable (and I have a very bad back, so that is really saying something). The bathtub was so large that even with both of us in it, I could easily float! The room was very quiet and felt very private. Parking was convenient. The cheesecake was yummy. We bought a couple of extra packages and they were definitely worth the money. The room was also incredibly clean. Downsides =the room was actually half of a house on the street which was kind of odd, one if the speakers on the big screen TV in the bath area was blown and it made movies and music tough to hear, the complimentary movie selection was rather weak, the waterfall shower head dripped, and, worst of all, we were only able to stay for two nights! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you can, take a tour before selecting your room. The diamond rooms are significantly nicer, so s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed at all Anniversary Inn locations but Logan is the only one we have returned to! I am picky about hotels and like them to feel clean, nice and updated. We took a tour of all the rooms and not all of them meet these expectations, but the ones that do are absolutely amazing and SO MUCH FUN! We have stayed in RICHES DRIVE IN and just got back from THE TIPI for my husband's birthday. The murals, finishes, ambiance of this rm are awesome! It 's like walking into "Dances with Wolves". You feel like you are outside in nature except with luxuries like the rain shower, awesome jetted tub w different colored lights. I am really surprised this room isn't a diamond room. I think it's my favorite! From the tour I would also recommend La Hacienda, Juliets balcony, European honeymoon, African Safari, and Taj Mahal, biker roadhouse.
We live in slc but love Logan so much we don't mind the 2 HR drive - it is such a cute little town with amazing unique/local restaurants. We went to the Indian Oven - best food EVER! Chicken Tiki masala to die for and naan bread w spinach and Indian cheese (which by the way they make themselves w ingredients fresh from the farm. Not a fancy looking place from the outside but soo good! Oh ya, croissants and parfaits included in your stay for breakfast are so
good too. Cheesecake isnt great but i guess you can request cupcakes now. So glad me and my husband left our kids, as HARD as it was to leave them so we could connect here- it does wonders for parents like us who need a break from the everyday. We had such a great time we booked our next stay in La Hacienda for our anniversary w a bounceback special they are
doing.

Room Tip: Take a tour from 1-3pm and see what rooms you like best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We love the concept of Anniversary Inn! We have stayed in three of the four locations, and have toured all four. We have stayed twice in Logan--once in the Lake Powell Room and once in Rich's Drive Inn. Personally, I prefer the experience in Boise and on Fifth South, because of the interior entry (hotel style), better sound proofing of the rooms and what seems to me to be more professional service from everyone at the the desk, to the maintenance and cleaning staff. However, some of the themes at the Logan location are really unique and fun and, I think, worth going for!

Some of the positives at every location include the complimentary dessert and sparkling juice in your room and the full breakfasts served to your door at the requested time (Each guest receives a fruit and yogurt parfait in addition to what you order on your card.). The fact that every room at every location has a jetted, two-person tub is a pretty nice feature. Also, each location runs great monthly specials and have extraordinarily good rates for military.

In my opinion, the key with Anniversary Inn is to tour before you book, if possible. If not, reserve over the phone so you can ask the person through whom you book if all of the features of the room that are really important to you (such as fish tanks, special game equipment, various themed props, etc.) are fully functional. There are so many rooms at each location, and all have been modeled or remodeled at different times. Each location has some outstanding rooms in each price group, and each has rooms that are getting to the point that they need some serious remodeling or extra attention. The website photos don't let you get a feel for this.

Also, if you are a clean freak, the rooms with more 3D decorative elements (such as the cave in Lake Powell or the trees in the Swiss Family Robinson) are probably not for you, as there are certain nooks and crannies of these rooms that just can't be cleaned well between every visit. Stick with the more traditional B&B-style rooms or rooms with more open spaces and you'll probably enjoy yourself more.

We really had nothing bad to say about Lake Powell. It is a rather small room, but, that's not all bad for a romantic get away. The aquarium in the wall over the tub is a cute little extra, and the twinkling LED "stars" are a nice touch!

We thoroughly enjoyed Rich's Drive Inn and the hotdogs, popcorn and theater candies that come with the room. The decor is darling! This room was the perfect, summery escape we wanted in mid-November. We were excited about the bed in the back of the pick-up but wondered if it would be comfortable. It was. However, the old truck squeaked and groaned quite a bit when we moved. Since my husband moves a lot in his sleep and I wake up very easily, I didn't have a very restful night.

We were quite disappointed with the sound system for this room and the fact that there is actually no projector screen, just a full-screen sized flat part of the wall painted white. Neither the projector nor the speakers were well positioned, so this was a bit of a lot down. We mentioned this to managment on departure and they indicated they would look into it, so maybe it's better now.

Our other issue on that stay was that the hot water went out. They sent someone in at 11:30 pm to try to fix it--awkward. The poor guy who came really didn't know what he was doing and was on and off the phone with someone else for a while. He got it working for a while but, it was gone again in the morning. We skipped showers before leaving. Apparently, ours was the only room (Rich's Drive Inn) that had a problem. The staff was sympathetic and gave us a $50 off gift card for our next visit at any of the four locations, which we thought was a nice gesture. We still had fun, but for the "diamond" price, we expected to love it a little more.

Room Tip: Tour before you book! Some of the emerald and diamond rooms in Logan have one or two, very cool feat...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Logan Anniversary Inn? Share your experiences!