“Very friendly service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Logan

Save Saved
You added Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Logan to your Saves list
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Logan
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   853 South Hwy 89 / 91, Logan, UT 84321-5404 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Logan
Albany, California, United States
“Very friendly service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is a notch up in quality from a basic motel, for pretty much the same price (although we were there in midsummer which, in this University town, may not be the busiest time). I've nothing to complain about except a very slowly draining shower/tub -- not a big deal. We stayed just one night but made full use of the included "light dinner" (a sloppy joe type sandwich), the wi fi, the pool (which was mobbed by one very large family but my daughter was able to identify the girl -- out of nine siblings! -- closest to her own age and they played together a while), and the very decent breakfast. (I could have done without Fox News on the breakfast room TV, but hey, it's Utah...) What impressed us was the level of friendly and responsive service we received from all of the staff, including front desk and dining room employees. It isn't that we asked for anything special, but everyone was cheerful without seeming false and attentive without being intrusive. I'm pleased we chose it over any of the big name chains.
A note on getting there: If coming into town from the south, the hotel is on your left and there's a median strip, so you have to go past both the hotel and then a somewhat confusing Y intersection just beyond it, to make a U-turn AFTER that and come back with the hotel on your right. It's not that bad if you're expecting it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Salt Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My team of 20 men travel and live in Hotels most of the time. The Crystal Inn located in Logan, UT was exceptional. Sondra Parker (area sales manager) was great to work with and down to earth. She's great to work with and does everything she can to help the needs of a business stay. The breakfast was great and the staff that prepares it are friendly and kind. For the value and quality of rooms / sleep I would recommend the Crystal Inn to anyone, whether it be business, couples, family / friends or simply on a road trip by yourself. Thank you Crystal Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here June 24th and 25th of this year. The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious... The hotel staff was very accommodating and polite, really made you feel at home - & the provided breakfast each morning was more than delicious, continental? Absolutely not, they had tasty french toast, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles.. MMMmmm. The weather was also very warm during our stay and the AC units in our room kept us comfortably cool! ;)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manti, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Don't know where to start. There is all new staff lead by an incompetent supervisor. No one knows how to do anything. I was double charged for a room & I went into over draft. I was told to wait for Marie the supervisor who told me they would not pay my overdraft fee. She said she was new as well as training a new crew. The rooms were ok, however smelled of smoke. Could hear kids running up & down the hall knocking on our door. The dinner they advertise was discontinued. I was polite and said that's too bad. When I came back down for towels that housekeeping never replaced I saw Marie the supervisor handing out a bunch of free dinners to other guests. She's the same lady who didn't offer me. What is up with the crystal inn in Logan!! Don't stay here unless you like to be jerked around by so called new staff & management.

Room Tip: Best tip I can tell you is to call the Hampton inn. WAY better hotel for even less than the Crystal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
crystalstar9, Guest Relations Manager at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Logan, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with us. I hope the overcharge issue was fixed to your satisfaction. We do have a relatively new front desk staff, but our main goal is to always provide delightful service. I also appreciate your comments regarding our lite dinner. We recently discontinued this amenity due to lack of use and disinterest from our guest. At the time we were discontinuing this service, we had contracted with a group staying with us to provide them with this lite dinner. I can understand how you felt when you saw other guests receiving dinner vouchers after you had not received anything and you had been told the lite dinner was no longer available to you. I apologize for this misunderstanding. Our typically reviews show how we provide exceptional service and value to all our guests. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show you how our staff can deliver delightful service to you.
Twin Falls, Idaho, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I reserved on line a room with 2 king beds for 2 nights. I was given a room with one king bed and a couch with a full, possibly queen hide a bed. The hot tub was lukewarm and when we told the front desk they did nothing about it. Cold for the whole time we were here. I was told they had breakfast and dinner, upon arriving they were no longer doing dinner and we were given vouchers for a sandwich shop across the street. For the price of what I paid it was overpriced and that was with a discount. I paid for my room up front with cash, and somehow before check out they added another night that they can't take off, but wanted to charge me for. I think the staff to be pleasant while being totally incompetent in their jobs. Also they said the rooms were updated?????? There is hardly any caulking around the tub, and I give this room a month before there is water damage and mold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
crystalstar9, Guest Relations Manager at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Logan, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. First, I am sorry for the confusion regarding your room type. Due to this confusion the room was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite, which is an executive guestroom. I appreciate your comment regarding the cold water. Our maintenance was notified of the issue and did attend to it. Recently, the decision was made to eliminate our light dinner each evening since only a small percent of our guests were taking advantage of it. I know this has been an adjustment not only to our guests but to our staff as well. Since we knew our guests were expecting dinner, we made arrangements, for a limited time, to provide an off-site dinner experience, hoping that our guests would appreciate our efforts to delight them even it we no longer offered the amenity. Our hotel was completely renovated--inside and out--just last year. We are glad you noticed our very updated, thin line caulking. It is much cleaner, easier to take care of and looks great since it isn't clumpy. We strive to obtain 100% guest satisfaction and hearing from our guests help us continually do better. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with our award-winning guest service during a future stay in Logan .
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A good place to stay when in Logan. Good location, service not bad. The only really negative thing was an elephant or a different noisy and very heavy creature living and stomping in a room above mine. That was a real pain. But the hotel can't be a subject to blame when there is a ruthless guest. I appreciate available free wifi connection and a big parking lot. Breakfasts standard and totaly comparable with other places of comparable kind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your kind words especially your understanding that not all things in our hotel are under our control. We hope you will return to stay with us again soon.
Midvale, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crystal Inn on May 3rd. We were attending our daughter's college graduation. The hotel was very nice, the room was clean and comfortable. We would certainly stay there again. We didn't have the opportunity to try breakfast or dinner. I would have to agree that getting to the hotel if you're coming from the south is challenging.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comment regarding the barrier. We are working to persuade the State of Utah that the barrier is cumbersome for our arriving and departing guests. Even with the barrier there are a number of ways to reach our hotel. If you would like to know more about these, please give us a call. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Logan.

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Logan? Share your experiences!