“Good food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elements Restaurant at Riverwoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 120 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Elements, located in the new Riverwoods Center, is yet another hit for local chef Dustin McKay. One taste and there’s no question – Elements is sleek, and their food is consistently true to its roots. Servers are efficient and friendly, and an extensive, ever evolving wine list ensures that even the most exacting wine drinker may find something unique. Elements delightfully offers beautifully prepared, fresh, flavorful dishes, just waiting for the curious diner to revel in.
Colorado
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

A good choice of food and a good wine list. Adjacent to the Springhill Suites. The salad that comes with the entrée is almost enough for a full meal. I got a coupon for a free dessert from the hotel. Ask for one when you check in.

Visited February 2014
Matt L, Director of Marketing at Elements Restaurant at Riverwoods, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thanks Dr-YooHo, we appreciate the review! I was very glad to hear how happy you were with our portion sizes and wine list. Yes, we do give our hotel guests coupons for free dessert, its just a perk and one of the ways we say 'thank you' for staying with us. Come back and see us again, when you are in town... and we'll give you another dessert coupon. Have you tried the Molten Chocolate Souffle? It is seriously amazing!

North Logan, Utah
“Way below expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We reserved a seat at Elements for Valentine's Day and chose to have the special Valentine's course. I reserved about two weeks ago online, and immediately followed up with a call requesting a seat near the fireplace. When we arrived, we were seated near the noisy kitchen in an area, which, frankly, had a bad atmosphere. Nevertheless, we were pleased to see a course menu and decided to go with that. The appetizers were oily and so-so. The onion soup was good, but the entrees were just awful. We were given hunks of meat with some sauces as well as potatoes that honestly looked like they were from powder. There was fat and grisle in almost every bite. The dessert was good, but really how hard is it to mess up dessert. Very disappointed and almost ruined our night. Add on the fact that the meal ran us over $70 and we were just not pleased at all. Have no idea why this place is so highly rated and we will not be coming back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bayquarters, thank you for your feedback. The steaks you ordered were Ribeye. A ribeye steak, by its nature and anatomy is a marbled steak, meaning there is always ribbons of fat that run through the beef. That being said, there are parts of this cut that are not meant to be eaten, such as the fat on the perimeter of the steak. It is that fat which gives the ribeye it’s famous flavor. Our Executive Chef hand picks from premium beef, carves all cuts and takes great pride in his craft. The ribeye steak is a cut that people either love or hate. We apologize that this cut of steak was not your favorite. We hope that you will return and sample the many other choices from our menu that have proven that our restaurant is a premier location in Cache Valley for fine dining.
Kaysville, Utah
“Good news and bad news”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

With all the great reviews we will assume we just dined at Elements on a bad night. Or maybe we just selected from the menu poorly. First the good: the pineapple upside down cake we had for desert was terrific as was the butternut squash soup.
Our daughter, salmon entree was solid as well, although a touch dry. Now the bad: My wife had the cod entree and it was swimming in a lake of garlic invested sauce. Hey, we like dishes with garlic, but this would have kept any vampire from harming us. Then there was my steak pasta entree with a blue cheese sauce. I love blue cheese, but if I wanted every bite to taste like I was eating of a block of cheese, well . . . and to make matter worse the bow tie pasta was over cooked.
The service was OK. Our server had to know we were not pleased given two of our three entrees were hardly touched, yet made no attempt to ask why.
Again, perhaps we were just unlucky tonight, but it will be awhile before we give this place a second chance.

Matt L, Director of Marketing at Elements Restaurant at Riverwoods, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
So sorry to hear your experience with us was less than you had hoped for. I agree with you that your experience is not a normal one... and yes, that pineapple upside down cake is amazing, as is the butternut squash soup. I have spoken to the kitchen and serving staff and we are taking steps to improve our server training. I assure we consistently live up to the great reviews posted here on TripAdvisor... and I'd like to invite you back to prove it. Come back in and we will hook you up with some of that delicious dessert you love, free of charge. Just give me a call @ 435-774-4316 and we can work out the details. Thanks for the feedback, no matter if it is "good news or bad news" we want to hear it all, as continual improvement is very important to us.
Logan, Utah
“Fine Dining in Logan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We loved eating at Elements as the food was delicious, service was great, and atmosphere was cozy yet contemporary. We absolutely loved our server as he was professional, personable and knowledgeable. He gave us all the options including the popular picks and the New Year’s Eve special. He always came to check on us and even asked the cook a few questions we had regarding some of the food. He made our experience wonderful. We loved the Thai lettuce wraps as they are the best I’ve ever had. I enjoyed a pasta dish while my husband ate a steak. The portions are quite large so you definitely get what you pay for.

We have only one recommendation. We think the receptionists could have been more welcoming, approachable, and personable. They lacked the professionalism and high caliber service of a fine dining restaurant. They could be more polished with their interactions with customers and simply just smile. We made a reservation then they seated us in a small booth in the bar area which I didn’t want as we were dressed up to celebrate New Year’s Eve. They accommodated our request to move tables to a regular booth in the dining area, which was very nice. However, the receptionist that helped us move could have been a lot nicer and accommodating about the whole experience. Unfortunately, we forgot our left overs at the table so we returned to pick it up, but the receptionist didn’t even check for us, but just told us the table was already cleared. The receptionist experience was not a deal breaker, but compared to the rest of the service and quality of the restaurant, the receptionists could use more training to enhance their customer service skills to match the rest of the excellent service provided.

Overall, I enjoyed the contemporary, modern ambiance of the restaurant. It is nice to have a fine dining, quality restaurant in Logan. This is a perfect place to get dressed up and celebrate a special occasion! We definitely will be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Matt L, Director of Marketing at Elements Restaurant at Riverwoods, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
So very happy to hear you loved your experience with us! I agree on the Thai Lettuce Wraps, they are one of my favorite things to order as well... so good! I hear you about the receptionist service and I agree. We have recently hired some new receptionists and their training is ongoing. I will bring this up to them just to help everyone stay focused and so we can all be the best we can be. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and we are excited to have you back soon! Cheers!
“Great food and presentation. Love the outdoor seating by the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Owner and chef, John Booth has been doing food a long time creating great things along the way. Elements is a culmination of his experience and knowledge. He and his staff have really created a unique, yet reasonably priced restaurant with several unique dishes and appetizers that are some of my favorites when dinning out.
The outdoor seating in the summer is great or a table by the fireplace in the winter.
I like to take out of town visitors here for lunch or dinner all of the time. New comers are always impressed. John will often stop by our table and share a little insight....always fun for them when he does.

When I travel I rarely eat at national chain restaurants because I love to eat at unique places with local color and flare. I think you will find that Elements in Logan...is just that kind of place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your review! Yep, we love to listen to John's stories too! We strive to present The Elements as an elevated fine dining experience while creating a comfortable environment perfect for everything from business lunches to date nights. We'll see you next time, thanks for coming in!