“A dissapointment” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Salt Lake City South - Lehi
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Salt Lake City South - Lehi to your Saves list
Motel 6 Salt Lake City South - Lehi
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   210 S 1200 E, I-15 at SR 73/E Main Street, Exit #279, Lehi, UT 84043   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lehi
Vancouver Island, Canada
“A dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Picked this hotel as we had just stayed at a Motel 6 in Arizona the week before. Room was cheap, which was nice, but was very cramped, and VERY noisy as it was next to the freeway. WIFI advertised on the sign, but neglected to mention it was $2.99/day/per code...meaning if you had two laptops, etc...you'd need two codes. I tried to purchase one, but the web site wouldn't work, and the front desk man grumbled and gave me a free code from a list he had, and said as I walked away "I should be charging you for this."...Well then charge me! Our room was right beside the side exit that was constantly being opened and loudly CLICKing closed until around midnight...Makes you question the clientele that was going back and forth...

I'd avoid this hotel, drive 5 minutes down the road and find a better hotel to stay at next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tooele, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The most Rude Hotel Manager.Ia room had the most horrible experience of disrespect and treatment EVER!! I had booked for a week and asked for a refrigerator.I had been told that they do not have any available.
Surprisingly every day the room in front of my room was cleaned, asked the cleaning lady if that room is available and she confirmed that is not booked for a week.Went downstairs asked the manager if I can have that room or just the refrigerator moved into my room. She said NO>>>>none of the above. If you do not like it you can move out...But I have booked for a week. I need you to reimburse me the money for non staying days.....Very mean and demanding she yield at me told me to leave her property , I have an hour to get my stuff out of the room or else..... I Had to call the police to assist me in my move out because of her outrageous outburst that this is her property......and she can do whatever she wants......... Disgusting experience.... Horrible treatment...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The fire alarm went off two nights in a row, around 2:30-4:30 AM. Both nights it was multiple times. Everyone had to leave the hotel. The fire department came while we stood outside in the cold. I don't know why it happened 2 nights in a row, but after the first night they should have fixed it. Also, our hotel key cards had to be re-programmed 3 times. I've stayed in tons of hotels with those key cards and have not had this problem before. Obviously something is wrong with the management of this place.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Newly renovated, and being able to plug my USB into the TV was really usefull.
The lady at reception couldn't have been more helpful She found a computer guy for my laptap,
let me delay rebooking for the next night ( depended on the computer being repairable).
Over all she went above & beyond to help me. Very impressed. Friendly & efficient, top marks.

Handy location to the Interstate too. My room was ground floor, away from the interstate. No noise issues from either side or above, either.

I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Might pay to get a room on the side away from the Interstate, if one is a light sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Layton, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Cigarette burns in the bedding,smells like smoke, & urine.Rude desk people,charged for a cancelation on a 7 night stay after calling the 1st night we were supposed to be there & explaining that we had been delayed due to our move,but to charge us as scheduled, and we would be in the next night.Instead,when we arrived,it was a fight, they yelled at my husband, and threatened to call the cops when he told them that we had a reservation & they said we didn`t they didn`t know what happened to it, but we didnt have one.So my husband asked for the keys, and we were sent to a dirty stinky, thin walled room where you could see the burns on the bed, hear a crying baby all night, and the staff props the outside doors open with an ashtray to smoke. (real safe) I worry all night about my saftey, and that of my car. I hate this place,& can`t wait to leave :(

Room Tip: I have no idea where a good side is, I have the car pine tree air fresheners to help with the urine...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My experience here was mostly positive. Clean room and bathroom. Bamboo tile floor, no obvious problems. The desk clerk honored my request for a first floor room due to my back problems. In kindly doing so, she placed me in the room next to the lobby, which inadvertently caused my only issue here: thin walls made it a noisy evening and morning as I heard all the bumps, voices talking, beeps of registers, etc. as they conducted business and people moved in and out.
That said, I was pleased to stay here for an in-and-out simple accommodation at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is situated next to I-15 making it easy to access from the highway but sometime the busy road leading from the motel is challenging to exit onto. They have done some recent upgrades to the flooring giving it a nicer look. It's close to plenty of eating and shopping establishments and a movie theater. The main draw for me is the cost and the rooms are clean but basic.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the east side as the west side highway noise is loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Salt Lake City South - Lehi? Share your experiences!