“Good size rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Lehi
Washington
“Good size rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed two nights visiting family in the area. Rooms are good sized and have a couch and desk partitioned apart. Shower and toilet are in a separate room from the sink which is nice when you have a few folks trying to get ready in the morning. Bed was comfortable and had a good night sleep.
Room was quiet even though the Hotel was full. Extra sink and it had a fridge as well microwave.

Exercise room was a joke. Small room with three aerobic machines and room for nothing else. No weights and no room to do anything else. Very disappointing.

Breakfast was fairly typical for this type of location and staff keep the food full.

Overall service was good and the staff helpful. I'd stay there again when occasion permits. I'll just have to get my exercise somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We enjoyed being near the incredible tulips blossoming at Thanksgiving point. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was adequate. The fitness room was very small, but it got the basic job done. You could hear the traffic of the highway so if you are a light sleeper that could be an issue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Draper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The rooms are large and spacious and the bed very comfortable. Morning breakfast fare limited choices, but there our restaurants in the area and just down the road a few miles in American Fork. there is a very small refrigerator, microwave and sink in the "kitchen area". The TV is on a rotating stand that you can watch from the beds fairly easily, but in the "living area" it is hard to watch the TV while sitting on the couch. There are some nice attractions within walking distance of this hotel if you have time that are worth the visiting.
The Good: nice and clean
The Bad: if you stay longer than a couple of days the kitchen is not adaptable for cooking "home" meals.
The Ugly: The roads leading into and out of the Hotel can be confusing and the freeway exits and on ramps where designed by someone who decided to re-invent the wheel. (not the hotels fault)
On the SCUBA bubble scale I give this Hotel 7 out of 10 bubbles

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The price was high, but everything was nice, clean and new. The first night there, we took the kids to play at the pool. The tile surrounding the pool was extremely slippery. My oldest child, who was only walking, slipped and fell. She cut her chin open and it ended up requiring seven stitches. As I am trying to get help and directions to the nearest hospital, the once friendly staff turned cold and standoffish. I can only assume that they were worried about a lawsuit. It is not in my nature to take legal action because of minor accidents; however, I think the staff could have been a lot more helpful. Three were no apologies or offers to help in any way. The front desk attendant looked up the address to the nearest Insticare as I stood there with a screaming child. That was the extent of the courtesies payed to us that day. Because of the the high prices, slippery tile surrounding the pool, and lack of help and kindness in an emergency situation I am rating this establishment as poor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Bridgett,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for our response in your time of need. A situation like this would be a time for guest service to shine. I am very saddened to see that it was just the opposite. You are absolutely correct. We should have been much more helpful and caring. Good service becomes void if it does not extend past check in and check out.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies. I invite you to contact me directly the next time you are in our area and I will see that we make this up to you and show you the type of service that we are accustomed to delivering.

Mark Stoddard
801-341-6970
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited this Springhill Suites on a business trip to a nearby company. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Air system worked well. Internet was slow, but functional. Bed very comfortable. Easy access to the local highways and within a short drive to a number of local restaurants. My room was located on the highway side of the building and the noise wasn't very noticeable. However, to get an even quieter room, choose something on the side facing away from the freeway.

I will definitely stay at this SprinhHill Suites again given an opportunity.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the freeway should be somewhat quieter, although road noise on lower level rooms is m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Joe,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come and see us again when you are in the area.

Mark Stoddard
801-341-6970
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have just left SpringHill Suites and have been throughly impressed by the hotel and the staff - The staff were very welcoming - Whitney, went over and above her duties to make my stay better than it could have been - The onsite gym and pool are small, but they will do - There is a Crossfit box 5 mins up the road. There is a good selection at breakfast - Eggs and Beacon or Sausage, Cereal, Fruit, Cold Cuts, Juice, Coffee. There are a few fast food restaurants up the road, within walking distance, so they will do for evening foods.
You're right off the I15, but, it's surprisingly quite there. the room is a good size and the bed is very comfortable. The shower is powerful and has an 'alright' sized bath with it.

The room was cleaned everyday and the bed was made and left with a note from the cleaners wishing you a good day, which is a nice touch.

The only 2 bad things are 1, the eggs are powdered eggs and the sausage is that fake sausage stuff and 2, the the lift is SOOO slow!

Would recommend to anyone staying in the area and will 100% be going there again on my next business trip.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views, however, the ones at the back of the hotel are away from the I15, so wil...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pocatello, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my first stay at a SpringHill Suites hotel. I knew it was by Marriott, so logically, it would/should be along that line of chain hotels. For the most part, it was. I booked this hotel via Priceline.com and I called in ahead of our trip to inquire about a room with two beds vs one king bed. I was told that because I had used Priceline, they could not change the room, but there was a hide-a-way in the sofa. So, being we were putting a 17 yr old on it, it worked out just fine. I did not re-inquire upon check-in.

I loved the modern look and feel. The layout of the room is nice, but slightly odd, especially when trying to watch TV from the bed and the couch. The TV is in the middle. I also appreciate when we have a room where the shower/toilet is separate from the sink. It makes it easy to get ready, as someone can be in the shower and others can be using the sink. I did hear road noise from the interstate, however it did calm down during the "prime" sleeping hours! The bed was not very comfortable, but adequate. The breakfast seemed a little more "plentiful" then the average "free-breakfast" hotels, as it included oatmeal with all the fixings along with the usual bread products and waffle makers...., and powdered eggs and fake sausage. We went fairly early and there was plenty of food and there was someone monitoring the status of food. It did seem to be crowded and people had a hard time finding a seat to sit down to eat. On a normal week day, it is probably not an issue. I did find the room clean and comfortable with everything in working order. There is a strong order of chlorine from the pool area. I mean, it is extremely noticeable from the lobby.

For what we paid for the room, I felt it was a good deal, especially with the breakfast. Had I paid their advertised price, I would not be as happy. There was an odd vibe with the staff. They were all friendly, however they seemed rather "subdued" and almost "discontent". I have no idea what that means other then they just didn't seem overly happy. Maybe just caught them on a bad day! There really are only two options at this particular exit. A Hampton and this hotel. I have now stayed at both. They rate the Hampton as a 2 1/2 star and the SpringHill Suites as a 3 star. I'm not sure why the difference, or what makes the third star on the SpringHill Suites. I do know there is a price difference for the third star, so it really is up to you which way you go when needing a Hotel in this area. Both are nice and adequate. I didn't seem to see any of the complaints that others have had for this hotel. If you prefer this brand over the Hampton, give it a try!

Room Tip: Highly recommend Priceline when considering this Hotel to get a break on the advertised rate. Also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point? Share your experiences!