“Immaculate Hotel, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abilene, Texas
“Immaculate Hotel, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a "convention" hotel, attached to the beautiful Davis County Convention Center. The lobby has recently been renovated and is lovely. Free coffee in the lobby 24/7 was a nice touch. Comfortable seating available to drink your morning coffee and read the news from the free USA Today.

Our three night stay was near perfect. Rooms are spacious, the bathroom was adequate. The coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge added to the convenience. Room was cleaned promptly and was kept immaculate. Towels were fluffy and provided in adequate numbers. Toiletries were standard HGI.
Free wi-fi worked well. Our room had a great view of the snow capped Davis mountains.

The breakfast buffet was 10 dollars and it is also possible to order a la carte. There are a variety of restaurants nearby, ranging from BBQ to Sushi to an Irish pub and Mexican.

Overall, a very good hotel for business and .conventions. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ndejong97, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I just wanted to thank you so much for your comments about our Convention Center hotel. Please let us know if there is anything else you may need before your next stay!
Nancy DeJong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Burns, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times. The rooms are always clean and quiet. The staff is amazing and will do what is in their power to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. The pool and hot tub area are also very clean, probably the cleanest I have ever seen at a hotel. The lobby is comfortable and inviting, as is the restaurant. The breakfast was delicious and the service quick, even on a very busy morning. The front desk staff is wonderful. Always friendly and a good attitude. Although we cannot comment on the room service, because we have not used it, I can imagine that it is as good as the rest of the hotel. We love staying here and will do so when we are in the Clearfield/Layton area. We can highly recommend this hotel for weary travelers!!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available, but just a few. They are as clean as the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would give 3 stars because it is what you expect when you stay in a Hilton Garden Inn, but it gets an extra star because the views are fantastic. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the made to order breakfast is a real plus before starting a day filled with meetings. I've stayed in this Hilton Garden Inn often and it continues to please. I like being within walking distance of a couple restaurants and if I weren't on business, there are a lot of options for shopping.

Room Tip: I'm not a smoker and had a room on the third floor. Had another reviewer not mentioned there wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed here several times and the staff is always friendly, helpful and make the stay enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel. Close to several restaraunts and shoping, great room service and easy access to the interstate.

Room Tip: I am a smoker and this is one of the few hotels with smoking rooms. For non-smokers, the smoking ro...
Springville, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to layton, utah for a columbus travel expo on behalf of our company and stayed here for the weekend. it was very comforterable especially the beds, loved the convenience of being conected to the davis convention center. did not like the fact that the restaurant was closed because of constructionand they canceled our continental breakfast without a refund, but other than that , its ok.

Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just finished another completely flawless visit at the HGI in Layton. Check-in was perfect. The room was perfect. Manager's reception. Room service. Breakfast. There was not a single beat missed anywhere at this property, and I'm comparing it to almost countless HGI properties where I've stayed nationwide.

And yet, the Hampton is rated higher. The H2Suites is rated higher (which is the worst property I've ~ever~ stayed at, worldwide, hands down, bar none).

I'm not sure what other travelers use to measure a property by, but I'm baffled. This HGI property is among the best I've seen. Rooms are nice. Location is convenient. You can't ask for better waiter/waitresses for breakfast/dinner.

There are a dozen properties within 2 blocks of this location, but you won't find a better place to stay.

Portland oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very poor service for a HGI. One example, I am a gold member for Hilton so I am supposed to get a newspaper at my door each morning. The first morning, no newspaper, I called around 1:00 to let them know, they said they would deliver one to me. I called again at 5:00 and they said they ran out - I asked why they didn't call to let me know - they mumbled something about the maids probably ran out of papers or something.

Also, they have a Manager's reception each night from 5-6 - however, they didn't tell me about it when I checked in - I found out when I went to the lobby at 6:00 to find them shutting it down - I inquired and found out about it - would have been nice to know as there was free beer and wine and some good looking snacks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
nkala, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Service Seeker:),
We are so greatful that you are sharing your experience and giving us the opportunity to make it up to you! We are so sorry we didn't live up to our standards during your stay!! We strive for excellence and fell short this time. Please accept our appologies. You should have had a newspaper at your door and it wasn't there, not only was it not there but it looks like we didn't order enough and should have went out and purchased another one regardless! You should have been informed at check-in of our Tuesday social hour from 5-6pm where we offer complimentary beer and wine with an appetizer provided by a local restaurant.
Please let me know when you will be here again or email me at nancy.dejong@hilton.com so that I can send something your way to make up for your not so great experience! Hope to hear from you soon!
Nancy DeJong
Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton? Share your experiences!