“I Don't Get It” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Helena, Montana
“I Don't Get It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just finished another completely flawless visit at the HGI in Layton. Check-in was perfect. The room was perfect. Manager's reception. Room service. Breakfast. There was not a single beat missed anywhere at this property, and I'm comparing it to almost countless HGI properties where I've stayed nationwide.

And yet, the Hampton is rated higher. The H2Suites is rated higher (which is the worst property I've ~ever~ stayed at, worldwide, hands down, bar none).

I'm not sure what other travelers use to measure a property by, but I'm baffled. This HGI property is among the best I've seen. Rooms are nice. Location is convenient. You can't ask for better waiter/waitresses for breakfast/dinner.

There are a dozen properties within 2 blocks of this location, but you won't find a better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very poor service for a HGI. One example, I am a gold member for Hilton so I am supposed to get a newspaper at my door each morning. The first morning, no newspaper, I called around 1:00 to let them know, they said they would deliver one to me. I called again at 5:00 and they said they ran out - I asked why they didn't call to let me know - they mumbled something about the maids probably ran out of papers or something.

Also, they have a Manager's reception each night from 5-6 - however, they didn't tell me about it when I checked in - I found out when I went to the lobby at 6:00 to find them shutting it down - I inquired and found out about it - would have been nice to know as there was free beer and wine and some good looking snacks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
nkala, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Service Seeker:),
We are so greatful that you are sharing your experience and giving us the opportunity to make it up to you! We are so sorry we didn't live up to our standards during your stay!! We strive for excellence and fell short this time. Please accept our appologies. You should have had a newspaper at your door and it wasn't there, not only was it not there but it looks like we didn't order enough and should have went out and purchased another one regardless! You should have been informed at check-in of our Tuesday social hour from 5-6pm where we offer complimentary beer and wine with an appetizer provided by a local restaurant.
Please let me know when you will be here again or email me at nancy.dejong@hilton.com so that I can send something your way to make up for your not so great experience! Hope to hear from you soon!
Nancy DeJong
Assistant General Manager
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very nice, clean hotel. Well appointed rooms with nice common areas. Nicely stocked and useful business center too. Breakfast was average but did the job. Nice option to have Starbucks available in the lobby too. The bar/lounge was well done too. Easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Try Rooster's next door for local beers. I will definitely stay here again when in Layton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vonore, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I have been pleased with the cleanliness & quality of the rooms. The hotel has both a good restaurant and lounge/bar within the facility. The hotel has both an indoor pool and a well equiped exercise facility. Service by the entire staff is very good. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I reviewed this property in October last year, and at that time (in my opinion) they were working to find their groove. I've stayed several times since then, and I'm glad to say that they've found it. the check-in process is much smoother, the staff is much friendlier, and they've raised the bar quite a bit on the overall experience. Dave at the front desk, and Amy in the restaurant are absolutely top notch.

There are a lot of hotels to choose from in the Layton area (probably a dozen or so within a few blocks of this HGI), but none are better. I'd highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The facilities seem pretty new. The bed was comfortable and service was good. I stayed here for business and it met my needs. Our business meeting was not held at the hotel, but rather down the street at another hotel. There are many places to eat within walking distance. As well as two small malls also within walking distance. Target has a grocery section which is good for picking up fresh foods when you're travelling on business for extended amounts of time. As well, the lounge had drinks for a fair price.

My only complaint is that my room was pretty much the furthest point from the lobby. It took two long hallways to get to it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators or lobby.