“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 168 Restaurants in Layton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Very good BBQ joint. Just opened 7 months ago. They are working on getting a website going. They are reviewed on SkyMiles Dining and Urbanspoon.
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just passing through layton and got off to get gas. Saw moon dog's cafe and said why not, got to eat sometime. I'm from Ohio and wish moon dog's had a place there. They have one of the best menu's I have seen. Way interesting and it all looked good. Try the brisket omelette. Wonderful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lynnwood WA
“Great local cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great breakfasts - try the Yorkie omelette (with pulled pork). Found this cafe en route to Lake Powell; planned our return trip so we could eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clearfield, Utah
“Good Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been to Moon dogs only twice and both times for dinner. Their burgers are pretty good and have a lot of variety it’s not just a boring burger. The staff is friendly and the service is fine. The BBQ that I was dying to try was a little of a let down. I ordered the biggest platter that came with a lot of different BBQ, the kielbasa was terrible and I wasn’t real pleased with the brisket, the ribs however are really good, there big and meaty. For a place that has a giant BBQ smoker outside I was hoping for it to be better. I would give a rating of 3.5 for this place if I could.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roy, Utah
“Our New Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

If you love home cooking or BBQ, you will love this combination of both!!

The menu is entertaining to read, the staff is friendly and attentive, the owner is down to earth and aims to please and does it because he loves it, the food is DELICIOUS...I can't say enough good things about Moon Dogs!

My husband and I ordered the pulled pork and briskett platters so we could try both. They came with sides of coleslaw, beans, and I got the mashed potatoes while my husband ordered the fries. The salad before the meal came was light and fresh, great flavor...I had no room to even try the slaw or beans. We left full and happy!

Their own BBQ sauce is one of the best I've ever tasted and their menu has plenty to choose from, so everyone in your family will find something to love.

Kid's menu is perfect that kids are into more typical kid's food, prices overall for lunch/dinner are priced from $7 to $18 for their Ultimate Platter!! Prices for everyone.

They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Looking forward to trying breakfast there next!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Layton, Utah
“Interesting at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you really love BBQ then ignore my review. If however, you are looking to venture out and want to give it a try then read and choose. We went to Moon Dog's Cafe at the request of our family member. They raved about how wonderful this was. No offense, although I'm sure I will offend someone, I felt like I'd been dropped in an eatery just outside a NASCAR event. The owner was dressed in what appeared to be "work in the yard" clothing, the waitresses similarly, and the entire atmosphere seemed to be based on that theme. The food was average at best, not anything worth a second visit, at least for me. I'd much rather have North Carolina-style BBQ with pulled pork and white vinegar. Now that sounds good.

Visited May 2011